R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 12:04 PM
GeorgefromAmherst
1st Gear
VPC to Delivery?

For those of you who have gotten your babies, how long did it take for your MINI to get from the VPC to the dealer?

Old 09-14-2004 | 12:12 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
The Liberty carrying around 150 minis is docking in Charleston as I type. My dealer says I should have the car in about a week!

Jerry

Old 09-14-2004 | 12:29 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by GeorgefromAmherst
For those of you who have gotten your babies, how long did it take for your MINI to get from the VPC to the dealer?
It took mine 8 days. 7 Days at the VPC in New Jersey and then 1 days travel to Sterling MINI in Virginia. Hope this helps..

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-14-2004 | 01:08 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
It took mine 8 days. 7 Days at the VPC in New Jersey and then 1 days travel to Sterling MINI in Virginia. Hope this helps..

Chow!

WHOA! 7 DAYS??? i hope mine goes faster than that as it is arriving there tomorrow! ; )

ciao - drew

Old 09-14-2004 | 04:32 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike

Chow!

Couldn't help notice you are a fellow Virginian. Have you contacted the DC Metro MINIS yet. They have a very active group and would welcome you membership. (no I do not front for them)

Regards
Phil

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:31 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My car has been released to the carrier but there is still no info on WW!!! does it take a day or two to get listed? Cant wait Cant wait...!!!

Old 09-14-2004 | 07:49 PM
donhelix
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
donhelix,

How did you find out that you were on the K-Line ship? I see that you are in San Diego, so you could possibly be on the same boat that I am (since I'm also in So Cal). Do you know when the ship sailed (or when it is scheduled to set sail)?

According to ASK-MINI, my car completed production on 09/08 and arrived at the port of exit (i.e. Southampton) on 09/10. I've been waiting to see which boat it gets on, but ASK-MINI can't tell me at this time and the WW site doesn't acknowledge my VIN.

Thanks!
Julie at Classic in Ohio told me mine was on K-Line. Once it arrives in Ohio it will be transported to S.D...It's best to check with your dealer as they have more info than the AskMini people at this point.

Old 09-14-2004 | 08:07 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Julie at Classic in Ohio told me mine was on K-Line. Once it arrives in Ohio it will be transported to S.D...It's best to check with your dealer as they have more info than the AskMini people at this point.
Ah... You're in CA but your MINI is being shipped to the East coast. I'm going to be on a direct boat to CA as I got my MINI from a So Cal dealership. I don't really want to bug my MA (and he doesn't seem very responsive to questions anyway), so I'll just wait to see what ASK-MINI can tell me. My MINI has been waiting at the port for around six days now, so it should get on a ship soon I'd think. I'm hoping that it will make it on the WW's "Tristan" which is set to sail on 09/18 to Port Hueneme.

Thanks for the info...

Old 09-14-2004 | 08:35 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
Mine was done Monday. Officially today. MINIUSA said it was being taped up for trip. Mines going to Port Hume also. E-mailed my MA this morning but no answer. He's pretty good about getting back so maybe I'll get some idea tomorrow. This does'nt get easyier. It's like tring to quit smoking.

Old 09-14-2004 | 08:39 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by CGSHawkflyer
Couldn't help notice you are a fellow Virginian. Have you contacted the DC Metro MINIS yet. They have a very active group and would welcome you membership. (no I do not front for them)

Regards
Phil
LOL!! You're going to laugh when I tell you this. Myself and Hubby, along with John DaCrema, The Millers, and the Vaughs founded DC METRO MINIs. We lived in Virginia for over 20 years until this past year. Long story short, I'm from So Cal and always wanted to come back. The opportunity presented itself last year - so here we are!!:smile: In fact, our goodbye luncheon pictures are on the web site...

We have the 2nd MCS delivered to Sterling MINI and have always had a fantastic relationship with them - hence - we were able to secure a Cabrio spot about 2 years ago...

We miss our buddies back there..

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:40 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
The Patriot is actual tracking-it's off the cost of France heading southwest-I'd post the coordinates but I have no idea how to plot them Just being obsessive

Lois

Old 09-15-2004 | 06:05 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I must be on KLine. I still dont have any access to WW information. Oh well, maybe it will help to restrain my enthusiasm. anyhow, I will be trying to compile a list of programmable options to send my preferences to my dealer. Also a few bits about, "DONT drill my front bumper, DONT attach any stickers or dealer decals, etc"

Old 09-15-2004 | 06:29 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

Sunnie's VIN did not appear on the WW site until she was at the docks. It was almost 2 days after production was completed that the VIN finally appeared. Then she sat on the dock for 6 days waiting for the boat The waiting is torture but it will be over soon

Lois

Old 09-15-2004 | 06:46 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
my car has been at the vdc for 13 days now....what the hell is going on

Old 09-15-2004 | 07:24 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by nbame786
my car has been at the vdc for 13 days now....what the hell is going on
could they simply be back-logged?? I read somewhere that the processing center was overwhelmed, for some reason or another... hopefully thats all it is. Maybe with the hurricane season, more cars are being processed up north, thereby slowing down the process.

Old 09-15-2004 | 07:26 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
well mine is supposed to arrive in the new york/new jersey center today.... here's to hoping it goes quickly and all the other cars get out of there fast!

- d

Old 09-15-2004 | 08:25 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa. i AM booked with Wally and Will! My car is booked on the Trinidad, leaving Southampton TOMORROW! it will arrive in new york on the 24th, according to the schedule. so in 2.5 weeks, I will likely be picking up my car!!!

WAAAHOOO!!!

Old 09-15-2004 | 08:26 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
congrats dude!

Old 09-15-2004 | 09:12 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
The Boat Has Arrived!

i think what has amazed me the most about this entire experience thus far is mini's ability to whip me/us all into such a frenzy...lol.. their marketing dept should change their name to the brainwashing dept! ; )

anyhoo - my boat has arrived! ww's tracking page now has an extra ny stop in it which the boat has cleared, so that must mean some sort of checkpoint.... either way, it's here!

now waiting to see if my actual ww auto page updates to show the car as delivered or something of that ilk.

- d

Old 09-15-2004 | 09:20 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
i think what has amazed me the most about this entire experience thus far is mini's ability to whip me/us all into such a frenzy...lol.. their marketing dept should change their name to the brainwashing dept! ; )

anyhoo - my boat has arrived! ww's tracking page now has an extra ny stop in it which the boat has cleared, so that must mean some sort of checkpoint.... either way, it's here!

now waiting to see if my actual ww auto page updates to show the car as delivered or something of that ilk.

- d
Drew,
It will tell you when the MINI has been unloaded. After that it is sent to the VDC & you are in Limbo again & at the mercy of MINIUSA or your MA.

Patrick,
What did I tell you Patience pays off & your MINI is moving much faster than mine. Just be sure to check the WW site again & make sure there is no asterisk behind your VIN(means it's waitlisted). Sometimes the MINIs don't make the boat they are booked on & have to catch the next ship

Lois I want my MINI

Old 09-15-2004 | 09:23 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
thanks lois!

Old 09-15-2004 | 10:50 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
question: does anyone know if when a boat docks it is docking AT the vpc? or do the cars get trucked from the dock to a vpc someplace else?

thanks - d

Old 09-15-2004 | 11:24 AM
minispot
1st Gear
Wooo hooo, Ask mini said our Darby was shipped out of Southampton on Sept 10! Due to arrive in NY/NJ on this friday! Sept 17. Does anyone know which ship fits that schedule?!

oh, doesn't matter, it's almost here, woohoo....

Old 09-15-2004 | 11:37 AM
GLJones
3rd Gear
The Liberty just left Charleston so 92 Minis have just been offloaded. The website tracking hasn't updated yet to say Unloaded but the ship is gone so they have to be.

Is the VPC there at the port or close by or do the cars get transported to the VPC?

My dealer thinks I will have the car here in Orlando next Tuesday or Wednesday. If the VPC gets it through quickly, this may be my last week of waiting.

Jerry
Orlando
2005 CR/W MCS

Old 09-15-2004 | 11:38 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Oy! Just checked the WW site, and I have been switched to the Trinidad! And, yayyyy, it is scheduled to arrive on the 24th (Carmen was supposed to arrive on the 25th)

Today while I was walking across the campus, I saw a couple of tables with mini cooper replicas on them. Turned out that they were advertising some sort of vehicle share (or something) for college students. One of the guys working there (also a college student) asked if I am interested, and I joyfully responded that I had already BOUGHT a mini and will be receiving it in about 3 weeks !! He gave me this look, like "spoiled rich brat who's parents pay for her columbia education and buy her a new car" . I wanted to say "listen, squirt, I'm not 18. I've been in the military, I've been living independently for 7 years, and work for what I have. My parents have not given me a penny!"

Anyways, sorry about the rant. Had to vent somewhere.

OK, back to work!

Noa

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!