R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004 | 01:18 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Cool, Applecello!

I have decided to keep the car as CR/W.... It looks so nice :smile:
I saw in the "donation" thread that you are also a student! I also work full time in order to afford my rent and school (and, GAH, back to school in 3 weeks ). Where do you go???

M.

Old 08-09-2004 | 01:41 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
wow apple - nice chart - thanks!

Old 08-09-2004 | 01:44 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Looks great, Patrick

I think I'll be the "mama" with all you college students. My son graduated with honors from Loyola New Orleans in graphic design. He's now a part owner in his company So I have experience & a good track record

Lois

Old 08-09-2004 | 03:31 PM
withmemini
Neutral
Count me in too, I ordered 2005 MCS EB/B with premium and sport packages. The production # is 749xxxx. Status is on order week 37. My MA told me I should get it around late-OCT since I am in west coast.

Old 08-09-2004 | 03:52 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
GAH? What school is that? Im at Penn State University, home of the Nittany Lions! Im studying information technology and French as my two majors. you?

Last edited by AppleCello; 08-09-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2004 | 04:10 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Since I destryed MINI ME I decided to order an S this time. My MA said it would be in at about the end of October. It will be a Purple Mist/ black combo. Premium package, cold weather package, fog lights, HK radio, chrome interior, and chrome exterior. Gonna install 19% pulley and HAI as soon as I get her. Last time I bought off the floor. Now that I have had one for a year I am having withdrawls. We ordered it August 2nd. So put me on the list!

Old 08-09-2004 | 04:39 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Just Called and was told - WEEK 37!!!

I can't believe it. It really does matter if you talk to the MINI liveware. A very nice lady actually looked it up for me because she says the automated system lags a little on updating. She didn't even make me feel stupid for asking. Week 37! That would be the first week of September. She says to expect delivery in October. So does this mean you guys will have to add me to the list?

Regards
Phil

Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Welcome Phil

I just called ASKMINI & my Cabrio is scheduled for production week 37 which apparently is the week of Labor Day Sept 6. I don't think the Brits celebrate Labor Day so I hopefully won't have to worry about them having "one pint too many" My first MINI came fully equipped with MINI1 door sills. Must have been a holiday or a soccer game . I also see a pattern in the production #'s. Mine is 749XXX Ozbone's is 749 also with production week 37. NYCMINI's is 748 with prod week 36. Happy Monday! BTW, am I the only "girl" so far?

Lois

Last edited by CGSHawkflyer; 08-09-2004 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Try to add smiles
Old 08-09-2004 | 04:47 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Applecello- I'm studying at Columbia University, political science major. So, even though I am miserable because summer is almost over , I do have my Cooper to look forward to in October!!! I am impressed that French is one of your majors- I studies French in high-school for 6 years, and boy does that language have an infinite number of irregular verbs

LouiefromStLou- You are not the only "girl" here:smile:

Old 08-09-2004 | 05:06 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
merikk, IM me on my Screen name, AppleCello.

Last edited by AppleCello; 08-09-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2004 | 05:20 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
MCS Details

I guess moving the thread caused thiss to get lost in the shuffle;
Prod # 748xxxx
Dark Silver MCS, leather interior, Nav system, Premium package, Cold weather package, Sport package, PDC, with chrome bumper inserts, JCW.

Thanks for adding it
Originally Posted by AppleCello
merikk, IM me on my Screen name, AppleCello.

Old 08-09-2004 | 08:45 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
LouiefromStLou- You are not the only "girl" here:smile:[/QUOTE]

Great

Lois

Old 08-10-2004 | 05:39 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
How long do I have to wait for my production number? I made the order on Friday. I'm impatient, as you can tell :smile:

Old 08-10-2004 | 07:23 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
ok im placing my order.

Old 08-10-2004 | 10:09 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iamwiz82
How long do I have to wait for my production number? I made the order on Friday. I'm impatient, as you can tell :smile:
it took my dealership about three weeks - although i have heard fo some getting it the day they order...hang in there.

Old 08-10-2004 | 03:06 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ok I have my order in! Now im trying to decide if I want to shell out 100$ for factory stripes or if I should do it myslelf for under half of that cost...

My MA told me that Anthracite headliner is gone but thats ok its not any major deal-breaker. Delivery will be "October" but MA believes that it will be in late september. "the wait..." here we go!

Patrick

Old 08-10-2004 | 03:39 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
production number

It only took about a week for my dealer (MINI of Sterling) to provide a production number. But this is an unusual time of year. Most dealers are at the end of the 2004 production allocations and are only now getting the 2005 allocations. In some cases (like mine) the dealer was able to trade another dealer for an allocation, which sped things up a lot.

If that does not happen then the dealer may take the order but they may not have an allocation to post it against. In that case it may take a few weeks to get the number. I am sure yours will be coming soon.

Another thing that can shorten the time between you entering the showroom and you driving away in a new MINI, is buying of the lot. Most MINI dealers seem to be ordering MINIs with all of the factory options (except GPS Nav) for their own stock. This will put the base price of say a MCS roght around $27,000. But then all that you need to do from there to get the car you want is add the dealer installed options. It is actually a good system. Sterling had a car on the lot that had all of the factory options I wanted except the Nav system. So my pain is of my own making.

good Luck
Phil

Originally Posted by iamwiz82

Old 08-10-2004 | 03:40 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Congratulations!!

Welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by AppleCello
Ok I have my order in! Now im trying to decide if I want to shell out 100$ for factory stripes or if I should do it myslelf for under half of that cost...

My MA told me that Anthracite headliner is gone but thats ok its not any major deal-breaker. Delivery will be "October" but MA believes that it will be in late september. "the wait..." here we go!

Patrick

Old 08-10-2004 | 04:20 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

If you don't feel comfortable putting your own bonnet stripes on then go with the dealer. The unfortunate thing is the dealer stripes are basically the same quality as the ones you can buy at a sign shop. They chip & get dinged just as easily. I only paid $6 a piece for mine. They still look great after a year. Plus you can get creative with the colors & the location. Do a search on NAM & you will find many helpful threads on installing them yourself. Congrats on your order & thanks for keeping up the list. Soon it will get more exciting as our MINIs start coming off the production line

Lois

Old 08-10-2004 | 04:52 PM
Wannamini
Neutral
Another one Waiting

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while and wanting a Mini for a year or so. Last Saturday my wife and I went to Mini of Peabody and after a test drive, put down a deposit on an MCS. Brig at M of P said we got one of the last few Sep build slots and that we would get delivery either late Sep or Oct. So now the waiting game starts. It's going to be an MCS in BRG or? (we're not quite set on the color), with premium pckg, sports pckg, cold wth pckg (we live in New England after all), black leatherette (we have two Puli puppies who would demolish cloth and probably do in the leather.

I really wanted Yellow and black, but am afraid of standing out in a crowd and getting lots of tickets (I tend to drive fast) hence the BRG. But we also like the red and purple haze. Any comments/help with color choice is appreciated.

I'm also considering the JCW kit for more power, as I'm "power hungry". Actually, the 2003 MCS I test drove, had a definite stumble in first gear that I would not like to put up with. Would love to hear comments from those who have the JCS kit installed.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. The long wait is on!!!

Bert

Old 08-10-2004 | 05:29 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Hi Bert! BRG is very nice. one of the few that I've seen in person. My all-time favorite colors have been discontinued. My top choice was always Indi Blue, followed by Velvet Red, and after that was Pepper White, my selection for my soon to be new car.

Lois, I think I will go for the magnetic stripes. that will let me change them as I want to (my mom hates the rally stripes!) and it seems that they are indistinguishable from the vinyl from more than a few feet away, so that suits my tastes!

Old 08-10-2004 | 06:31 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

Good thought about the magnetics. That way your MINI can go from demure to mean in a matter of seconds

Welcome Bert,

Color choices??? They are so individual! My first MINI is CR/B with black bonnet stripes. It does stand out in a crowd & you know what they say about red. I also learned from Phil Wicks that the very first classic Mini was red with a black roof. Red is just sort of the MINI color. However, my Cabrio is going to be BRG. I've always thought BRG to be very classy & sophisticated Plus if I got another red car that would make 3 in the driveway A friend of mine in STLMINI Club has the JCW kit. He's only a yellow blur when he drives by. If you are worried about tickets the JCW kit will get you into more trouble than the color

Lois

Old 08-10-2004 | 06:44 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
you will have to go to holiday parties this year in your red and green Minis! that will be so much fun.

Im not sure about purple cars, myself. I can see why some people like it, and the color itself seems neat. BRG is a great choice on a Mini too. Im sure that you can find tons of pictures to give you a sense of it. Look at the mini2.com galleries, as ours seem to still be down (am I right about that, still down? I havent seen them recently...)

Hope that helps! make it your own and have fun with it.

Patrick

Old 08-10-2004 | 06:55 PM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
I did my own stripes a few weeks ago and they came out really well.

They were not hard at all, and I am not a patient person normally. The whole thing took about an hour. Just spray on some soapy water, align the stripe, and scrape out the water. I had one air bubble and it was removed with a pin *****.

Old 08-10-2004 | 07:46 PM
donhelix
1st Gear
Week 36-7482XXX

My CR/W MCS with CR dash, will be built either the week of Sept 6 or 13th, so they told me this morning...I don't have a clue as to when it will be here in the States...it will go to Classic in Ohio and then on to San Diego.:smile: probably in October.

Old 08-10-2004 | 09:41 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ok this is bad. I dont even have any specific info on my car yet, and already Im not able to sleep due to the excitement.

I have no clue about what Im going to name it either

Im going to go for some decaf tea, I think.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!