R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004 | 07:22 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hey everyone! I got bumped off the Trinidad as well ! I am re-booked on the Carmen, however. Man, I sound like the travel agent that I am, huh? Anyways, I don't know why I got bumped off the Trinidad because there was no asterik next to my vin, but whatever . What does one day matter in the sceme of things, huh??

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Old 09-17-2004 | 07:30 AM
donhelix
1st Gear
Hurricanes

My K-Line ship is suppose to arrive in South Carolina this Tuesday....about the same time Jeanne, the new hurricane arrives .. Then there's another one behind it named Karl.....enough already. I just want my baby safe and sound. Do Minis float like the old VWs did? :smile:

Old 09-17-2004 | 08:32 AM
dwr1004
1st Gear
Originally Posted by McCasper
Oh the agony! I went to the WW site today for the daily, alright hourly, check on my MINI and now it does not even show up. Yesterday it was showing received at terminal on the 15th for booking on the Freedom with 239 other MINI's but now the Freedom is only showing 10 MINIs booked. Of those booked, they were all received at the terminal today. I hope someone over in Southampton didn't pull a gone in 60 seconds move with a whole shipment of MINIs! Now that would truly be a blow to those of us waiting.

On the bright side, maybe those of us booked on the Freedom were able to hitch a ride on an earlier boat.

I'm just confused, has this happened to anybody else?
McCasper,
I am in the same "boat" :smile: , so to speak. I also had shown up as waiting for the Freedom, but now do not show up at all . My guess is all the people getting bumped from the Trinidad is causing a ripple effect through the system. I am not getting too worried yet...

Old 09-17-2004 | 08:37 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
There were over 100 MINIs bumped from the Patriot. My MINI waited 6 days for a boat, so they probably are stock piled at the dock all patiently waiting.

Lois

Old 09-17-2004 | 11:07 AM
minispot
1st Gear
hey GeorgefromAmherst,

today's the day! our boat docks and minis unloaded! now off to the VDC!
....one more week....

Old 09-17-2004 | 11:22 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Yes indeed, today is THE day! My MCS - and many more (likely from the wait-list group on the Trinidad) - now show up as "Loaded On Vessel" (Carmen) at the WW site!

Old 09-17-2004 | 11:27 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
dwr1004, I'm not too worried either as I'm sure our MINIs will show up. I just hope the British equivalent of Oprah didn't decide to give away a whole bunch of MINIs which just happened to be sitting at the dock. Now that would suck!

I guess it could be worse, I just noticed one of the cars on the Carmen with the following status history:
LOADED ON VESSEL ... 10:23
WITHDRAWN FROM VESSEL ... 12:24
EXPORT UNIT ON HOLD ... 12:24

Now what's that all about? Doesn't sound good at all, kind of like getting picked by the customs agent for a full cavity search after getting back from Amsterdam .

Old 09-17-2004 | 11:40 AM
GLJones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Yes indeed, today is THE day! My MCS - and many more (likely from the wait-list group on the Trinidad) - now show up as "Loaded On Vessel" (Carmen) at the WW site!
Mine UNLOADED 3 days ago but the WW site still only has the LOADED ON VESSEL listed. Anyone know if they ever update to Unloaded or is that the end of the WW messages? Should be in the VPC by now.

Jerry

Old 09-17-2004 | 12:40 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
i dont see an update yet! refresh... nope. refresh... nope. refresh... not yet. I will report back when i get an update.

Patrick

Old 09-17-2004 | 01:29 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
The carmen has sailed and I dont see any updates to the WW site so I dont know if I made it on or not. Does anyone see updated information?

Old 09-17-2004 | 01:38 PM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
The carmen has sailed and I dont see any updates to the WW site so I dont know if I made it on or not. Does anyone see updated information?
Nope, right there with you AppleCello with the exception that my vin no longer shows up in WW system. I now get the dreaded: No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered.

It looks like the Carmen has definitely sailed but if you look by booking number, a good amount of the MINIs listed do not say loaded on vessel.

I'm just as confused as ever. I'll just have to have a few Captian and Cokes and look at it in the morning.

Old 09-17-2004 | 01:46 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
My vin is coming up on the WW site as: loaded on vessel. As I can see from other people's experiences, that does not mean that my mini is definitely on the ship. OL showing as waiting for transport.

Any way I can know for sure?? Lois, where is that prozac???

Old 09-17-2004 | 01:56 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
My vin is coming up on the WW site as: loaded on vessel. As I can see from other people's experiences, that does not mean that my mini is definitely on the ship. OL showing as waiting for transport.

It's gone Noa, if it says loaded on vessel that's a pretty good sign that your MINI is on it's way. Unless the bomb/drug sniffing dogs smell something & they yank it off like that other poor MINI My poor MINI is heading for hurricane alley-hope she doesn't get tossed around too much

Lois

Old 09-17-2004 | 02:43 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Hey, Im listed as loaded on Vessel. So things seem to be ok for me.

Old 09-17-2004 | 03:03 PM
GeorgefromAmherst
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minispot
hey GeorgefromAmherst,

today's the day! our boat docks and minis unloaded! now off to the VDC!
....one more week....
Yeah, I'm beside myself, and this is my second MINI. You give an EDD. How do you know that, or are you guessing?

Old 09-17-2004 | 03:18 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk

hey noa - ignore the ol - if it's loaded on vessel then its on the way. my ol didn't update to en route until my car was nearly here. now i am showing as at vehicle distribution center... talk about torture! i have an estimated delivery date of next tuesday to the dealer - and then they need a few days to add the parts i want and do their check of the car... i am really hoping for next friday as my pickup day...i'lll let y'all know!

happy weekend - drew

Old 09-17-2004 | 03:44 PM
blueberry
1st Gear
My car has disappeared off the WW website too, it was there yesterday booked on the Freedom. Now, there is no info when I put in its vin #. Has anyones car reappeared after disappearing off the website? Does this mean it has been bumped? If it was on another ship coming this way, would it show up on the WW website?
kelly

Old 09-17-2004 | 04:01 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
kelly,

It may have been bumped But it should show up again soon. Although I found that the WW site is a little slow updating over the weekend Good luck with your MINI. Mine is taking Dramamine about now

Lois

Old 09-17-2004 | 04:37 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Well I made in on the "Carmen" with almost all of the Bumped "Trinidad" MINIs. I see there are a few that seem to have fallen into the unusual catagory of "ON HOLD". fortunatly mine made it. Unfortunatly the group of ships that included the Carmen does not include the automated weather reporting gear the makes it so easy to track these ships, so we will just have to hope that the radio operator gets board occasionally and calls in a report.

In any case folks, IT WON"T BE LONG NOW!!!

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 09-17-2004 | 05:35 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
If anyone happens to see Carmen on the weather tracking site, grab a screen shot and post it! I will be keeping my eyes peeled.

Patrick

Old 09-17-2004 | 05:38 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
hey... its "S6 I W" not "S6 1 W" !!! Look what I found!!

Just off the coast of my beloved France!

Old 09-17-2004 | 05:38 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

I check on the Patriot all the time. What are the call letters for the Carmen? Louie(my other MINI) came over on the Carmen, good karma eh?

Lois

Old 09-17-2004 | 05:40 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Patrick,

I check on the Patriot all the time. What are the call letters for the Carmen? Louie(my other MINI) came over on the Carmen, good karma eh?

Lois
Good Karma as long as your other mini is still running in tip top shape at this point!

Old 09-17-2004 | 05:44 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Sure is. He's a real trooper And I miss driving him since hubby has taken him from me.

Lois

Old 09-17-2004 | 09:40 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
hey... its "S6 I W" not "S6 1 W" !!! Look what I found!!

Just off the coast of my beloved France!
Patrick - I hate to be the one to pop the bubble, but that date on that location for the carmen is just a little old. I think since it just left southhampton we can assume it is a bit closer to England that that chart would have us believe.

Drive Safe
Phil

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!