R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:30 PM
mlebeau
4th Gear
Whoa guys, installing the aux adapter oneself is a complete snap. Don't pay anyone to do it. It'll take you 5-10 minutes tops, and it's certainly not worth an extra $160 to have someone do it!

-mike

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:34 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ya i love the stripes, but im not getting them

maybe i will later on. i figure i can add them later if REALLY want them.

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:55 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
what did i just say about playing nice??? ; )
Who said they taught us how to play nice in the military?? Buhahahahahahahaha!!

Hmmm. So I am going between "yes, stripes!" and "hmmm, stripes?"
I should decide sometime soon. I know I can order them online for cheaper than dealership installation..... Hmmmm.... More to ponder about....

Old 09-21-2004 | 03:32 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Im going for the stripes from cooperflags.com, defintely bonnet and boot stripes, viper or shelby cobra style, and most likely a custom sides stripe later on, just have to figure out what exactly I am all about stripes though I think it adds so much to the look of the MINI, but I cant say that I dont drool over just about every mini I see stripes or not!

That is cool you can pick where u want your aux input, I didnt realize that, very good to know, bwhahahhaha. I have one now in my jetta but its just a cord hanging out on the floor

I just got financing through MINI today, and they actually beat the apr my credit union was going to give me, just FYI!

-mike

ps if you dont like stripes you are a horrible horrible person! hehee

Old 09-21-2004 | 03:49 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yasodic
Im going for the stripes from cooperflags.com, defintely bonnet and boot stripes, viper or shelby cobra style, and most likely a custom sides stripe later on, just have to figure out what exactly I am all about stripes though I think it adds so much to the look of the MINI, but I cant say that I dont drool over just about every mini I see stripes or not!

That is cool you can pick where u want your aux input, I didnt realize that, very good to know, bwhahahhaha. I have one now in my jetta but its just a cord hanging out on the floor

I just got financing through MINI today, and they actually beat the apr my credit union was going to give me, just FYI!

-mike

ps if you dont like stripes you are a horrible horrible person! hehee
mike,
Just curious, what kind of rates did BMW offer you? My MA said he couldn't beat my credit union's rate. BTW, I like stripes Planning on gold stripes for Sunnie. I'll buy them at a local sign shop & install them myself

Lois

Old 09-21-2004 | 04:28 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
mike,
Just curious, what kind of rates did BMW offer you?
Yes, please share your rate. I'm getting close to having to finance mine and am shopping around for best rate I can get.

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:20 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
my credit union is offering 4.49 with direct payment. they also offer Gap insurance as a one-time payment of 299 that is included in the loan if you wish. this insurance covers you if your car is totaled and the insurance payoff is lower than what you owe on the car. This particular one from my credit union also offers a 1000$ incentive on financing a new car through them if the first one is totaled. so a pretty good deal.

even if mini can beat that rate, it will only be by a couple of points, and with the gap insurance offer, i will almostly positively stick with my CU.

Patrick

edit, yes its for 5 years.

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:26 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
My CU is offering 4.49 for 5 years-3.99 for 2 years. Unfortunately you gotta be "family". It's AB of Budweiser fame.

Lois

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:46 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
HAHA I was totally wrong on the rates sorry guys, I assumed that when they approved my application, (which i put in online) that they approved all of the info that I had entered in said application, I had entered 3.9 for 60 months, and recieved an email back saying you are approved!

But talked to my MA today and found out that I was approved but at 7.9 for 60 months HAAHAH, so I said no sorry to get anyones hopes up, looks like i will stick with my trusty credit union. which It looks like is going to be 4.9.

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:50 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I feel better now. Looks like credit unions are the way to go.

mike,
The Patriot is about 700 miles off the coast of South Carolina It's really picked up steam. Still showing arrival is on Thursday. I hear our MINIs callin' us

Lois

Old 09-21-2004 | 06:01 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
he Patriot is about 700 miles off the coast of South Carolina It's really picked up steam. Still showing arrival is on Thursday. I hear our MINIs callin' us
Ohhhh thats what I heard last nite, I thought it was the Nachos I ate right before bed!

I cant wait much longer, and its driving me nuts, Im not sure If im coming to get my baby or not! It totally depends on when it actually gets here and my MA wont lock in a date because "anything" could happen at the vpc MUST HAVE MINI!!!!

Old 09-21-2004 | 07:44 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
7.9!?! WOW, I'd never pay that for a car loan. Right now the best I've seen is 4.49 for 60 months through CapitalOne. I haven't filled out an application or anything, but I do have an account in good standing with them (and excellent credit). Hopefully the rates don't go up too much before it's time for me to lock-in.

Old 09-21-2004 | 08:30 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jabrowntx
7.9!?! WOW, I'd never pay that for a car loan. Right now the best I've seen is 4.49 for 60 months through CapitalOne. I haven't filled out an application or anything, but I do have an account in good standing with them (and excellent credit). Hopefully the rates don't go up too much before it's time for me to lock-in.
That's what I got on their "Blank Check" program. My blank check arrived today, just can't get to the dealership until Friday to pick up my MCS.

Jerry

Old 09-21-2004 | 09:40 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I talked with my MA earlier this evening. she thinks that my mini is still awaiting transport!

We talked about delivery stuff, she took down my programing options, and we talked monies for a little bit. things seem to be all set and ready to go. I didnt have them do the aux or parcel shelf. they only wanted 80 fort the aux port installed, or was it 85? but thats it. the euro shelf installed would have been 145 i believe. those are two things that I can buy from classic and install on my own. if i want them. I will likely go with the aux port in the near future, but thats a perfect DIY project.

another day down! We're almost there!

Patrick

Old 09-22-2004 | 12:53 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hello everyone! I just received a call from my MA, reminding me to fax him the personal information form (I am applying for a loan with them). Geesh, do they expect me to pay for my car ?? Hahahahaha.... I need a discount to I can afford paxil, prozac and the like. This wait is killing me . My MA (who is wonderful, BTW) reconfirmed that my car is in transit (yayyy! but I already knew that) and that I might be able to pick up the car as early as the end of next week

So the only thing I am waiting for, besides the mini that is, is the loan approval. Wooooohoooooooo!

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:01 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
Hello everyone! I just received a call from my MA, reminding me to fax him the personal information form (I am applying for a loan with them). Geesh, do they expect me to pay for my car ?? Hahahahaha.... I need a discount to I can afford paxil, prozac and the like. This wait is killing me . My MA (who is wonderful, BTW) reconfirmed that my car is in transit (yayyy! but I already knew that) and that I might be able to pick up the car as early as the end of next week

So the only thing I am waiting for, besides the mini that is, is the loan approval. Wooooohoooooooo!

WAY TO GO NOA! just as a head's up with mini of manhattan...my car was supposed to be there yesterday and now they say it should show up tomorrow... which means my car has spent a solid week at the vdc... hopefully you'll get through much faster!

hoping to pick up on friday or saturday - drew

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:26 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
ok, opinion time friends:

my MA just called to tell me my car is going to be in the dealership TONIGHT and will be ready for pickup friday....MINUS my rear spoiler which is still being painted. i could take the car friday and bring back on monday for the spoiler.

i had this vision of picking it up 100 percent complete and not having to do this....should i wait for monday or go git the sucker?

stupid question i guess - but i like the fervor around here - so hit me with some opinions!

- drew

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:40 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Will you have time to motor this weekend? If so, then go get the car!

Patrick

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:46 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Patrick - personally - I'd wait until Monday and take delivery when it's completely finished - that is - if you can stand waiting a couple more days...:smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:49 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE..... The shipper just called and they are picking up my car tomorrow - Yippee!!! I should have it next Tuesday or Wednesday

Congrats to all those who are getting close to delivery - Yippee!!!

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-22-2004 | 01:58 PM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
Seems like evryone is progressing towards having their MINI's in hands. (and under their foot ! ) Bad jokes asside...

I just stoped at Motorwerks MINI this afternoon and my MA informed me that my MINI had reached the VPC on Monday and has already been released to a carrier, bound to Minnesota (less than 2 days at the VPC !)

Everything is falling together so greatly, I even have a buyer lined up for my jeep. ( I love that jeep so much, but its time to let go...)

Hope to see some friendly waves from other Minnesota Motorers very soon.

Old 09-22-2004 | 02:18 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Well, the Carmen seems to be about half-way across the pond. Scheduled to arrive AND depart NJ/NY on Sunday. I've seen a couple of posts that suggest wildly differing times spent in VPC.
UPS is becoming a familiar face again as packages for the MCS are appearing: Ian Cull's Auto-Up (window) mod was first to arrive. I want to add the checkered roof but its a sunrrof car; MINI says they WILL have one - at some unknown date in the future - but my MA doesn't seem to know if its for the sunroof only OR the whole roof. Anyone out there heard any details?

Old 09-22-2004 | 02:47 PM
fiona
1st Gear
3.76% Loan

Less than a week & she'll be here :smile: In the meantime, I got a loan thru www.wellsfargo.com Their online rates are lower than the branch rates. My loan is 3.76% for 36 months . I couldn't believe that they were beating the credit unions & MINI's rates! Try it out ... the approval process is quick

Old 09-22-2004 | 07:05 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
quite a lull 'round these parts... The ships seem to have hit the doldrums. I think my MINI is depressed, in a dark and leaky hull. The ship is rocking back and forth slowly, a single dim light hangs from a wire snaking from the distant ceiling. The ship's creaking can be heard over the din of the SLOW diesel engines. Whats worse is that they are forcing our MINIs to row like slaves! The OL tries to tell us that its a cruise and that there are buffets and entertainment... ya right! I hope it gets here soon, Im sure thats what they are putting her through. What an awful experience.

Old 09-22-2004 | 08:31 PM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
Looks like I am about a week behind most of you. My Mini was in the paint shop all day, should be on the docks by Monday. Still not showing up as booked on a ship. When should that happen?

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!