R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004 | 08:31 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
The Patriot has been silent since early this morning at about 500 miles out of Charleston I found a site for the Port & it hasn't arrived yet Maybe sometime during the night Hurry up little MINI:smile:

Lois

Old 09-22-2004 | 08:39 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by coolbluemini
Looks like I am about a week behind most of you. My Mini was in the paint shop all day, should be on the docks by Monday. Still not showing up as booked on a ship. When should that happen?
for me, once it got to the docks and was scanned.

Old 09-22-2004 | 08:54 PM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
I've been "enroute" since 9/11, but today the Owners Lounge updated me to "At Distribution Center". Never did see my VIN on the WW tracking site. Oh well, everything should still be on track for 10/15 pickup. Calm.... calm....

Old 09-22-2004 | 09:03 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by coolbluemini
Looks like I am about a week behind most of you. My Mini was in the paint shop all day, should be on the docks by Monday. Still not showing up as booked on a ship. When should that happen?
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but how do you know exactly where in the production process your car is? All the owners lounge page tells me is that it is scheduled for production. Will that level of detail eventually show up?

Old 09-22-2004 | 09:15 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jabrowntx
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but how do you know exactly where in the production process your car is? All the owners lounge page tells me is that it is scheduled for production. Will that level of detail eventually show up?
If you call 1-866-ASK-MINI & speak to a real person, they can tell you where it is in the production line. Do you have a VIN yet? Do you have a production week yet? The VIN# will show up in the OL but that's about it. You'll get more info from your MA or ASK MINI.

Lois

Old 09-22-2004 | 09:18 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Thanks Lois. Yeah, I have a VIN, but only since last Sunday and my original production week was 40 (don't know if that has changed). I've sent an e-mail to my MA -- he's tough to get on the phone and I may have to call MINI to get the low-down.

Jeff -- who's hatin' the waitin'

Old 09-23-2004 | 06:21 AM
donhelix
1st Gear
Worried?

Am I the only one nervous about the hurricane Jeanne?
"Hurricane Jeanne East of the Bahamas with 100 Mph winds .Hurricane Jeanne is meandering but expected to start moving Westward today" This morning they said it could hit the Carolinas this weekend...what will happen to my Mini that just landed there two days ago?

Old 09-23-2004 | 06:56 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
by that time, it will be on a truck out of there! my mini will be in new york, moving to philly soon after. so it should be ok. your mini will be fine as long as its not on a boat that gets sucked up by the storm! and im sure that the boat captains will do their best to avoid the storms.

Old 09-23-2004 | 07:51 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by donhelix
Am I the only one nervous about the hurricane Jeanne?
"Hurricane Jeanne East of the Bahamas with 100 Mph winds .Hurricane Jeanne is meandering but expected to start moving Westward today" This morning they said it could hit the Carolinas this weekend...what will happen to my Mini that just landed there two days ago?
I'm worried The Patriot has not arrived at Charleston yet. The WW tracking now has it arriving double-today & tomorrow I hope my MINI isn't getting tossed around by the nasty hurricane And then when she does get to the VDC she'll probably be waterlogged-a good test for the ragtop I was so hoping next weekend but now I'm having my doubts. Then it won't be until the following weekend due to our work schedules Unless she floats away in all the rain. Oh my, an awful lot of frowns today

Lois

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:02 AM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
Update

I am now sure my MINI was never on a WW boat, despite the fact that it was booked on one for 2 days. It arrived monday at the VDC and is problably already on it way to Minnesota...

The OL says im not at the VPC and also bumped back the delivery date to sunday. Motorwerks MINI is closed on sunday so i will probably get it on monday, if i can get there between school and work or wednsday since my MA is off tuesdays

Ill post some pics as soon as I can...

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:20 AM
Peep
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GoodbyeJeep
I am now sure my MINI was never on a WW boat, despite the fact that it was booked on one for 2 days. It arrived monday at the VDC and is problably already on it way to Minnesota...

The OL says im not at the VPC and also bumped back the delivery date to sunday. Motorwerks MINI is closed on sunday so i will probably get it on monday, if i can get there between school and work or wednsday since my MA is off tuesdays

Ill post some pics as soon as I can...
As a Jeep owner who really to the 3rd power wants a mini...i cant wait to see your pictures !!!!
what Jeep did you get rid of?

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:38 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
down to the wire!

this is brutal! lol...

waiting for call from ma as to tomorrow or monday delivery...

tick...tick...tick..tick...

- drew

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:42 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
hey drew... just think of us that still have loved ones making the brutal crossing to the new world. ok im taking things too far.

the Carmen is closing in on nova scotia thought, then its just south to new york!

Patrick

btw, have you decided when to pick it up?? sans spoiler??

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:45 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
hey drew... just think of us that still have loved ones making the brutal crossing to the new world. ok im taking things too far.

the Carmen is closing in on nova scotia thought, then its just south to new york!

Patrick

btw, have you decided when to pick it up?? sans spoiler??

actually the decision became more complicated when i found out that not only would my spoiler not be ready, but my front end aero kit wasn't going to be ready either, so it's defaulted to "pick it up when its ready" for sure. i am now just waiting to hear if they will have the parts dry and ready for installation by end of day today as the body shop at mini is closed on friday. so if they are ready its a friday pickup, if not then its a monday pickup.

- d

Old 09-23-2004 | 04:30 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
YEAH!!! Mine's scheduled to be completed by Sept 29th! Just found out today!

Old 09-23-2004 | 04:34 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
it continues...

NO call from my ma today...not a word! hopefully my phone will ring in the morning and a cheerful voice will be asking me what time i want to come pick up my car...

beyond frazzled - d

Old 09-23-2004 | 04:49 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
good luck drew Im rooting for friday!!! whoo hoo!

congrats on the production date jabrown!

yeah what is up with the patriot, double arrivals, maybe hes in the harbor praticing his touch and go landings We can always hope that if it does get sucked up that our MINIs will be flung clear and land near our houses!! landing perfectly safe and unharmed of course

Sooo close I can taste it.

mike

Old 09-23-2004 | 05:08 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
mike,

I think the Patriot has landed The first entry on the WW site has turned RED Keep your fingers crossed

Lois

Old 09-23-2004 | 05:12 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
YES! thats fabulous! is it on time according to its stated schedule?! (now where's the Carmen!!).

Old 09-23-2004 | 05:22 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
YES! thats fabulous! is it on time according to its stated schedule?! (now where's the Carmen!!).
Well, the WW site had 2 entries for arrival-one for today & one for tomorrow The first one for today is lit up RED The date of arrival has flip flopped several times since the journey began a couple of weeks ago Who knows at this point

Lois

Old 09-23-2004 | 06:21 PM
blueberry
1st Gear
Well, I'm finally getting a "in route" as of today from ASK MINI
I guess it is on a K-Line because it is still not on the WW website. I'm calling my MA tomorrow to get the details, hopefully I'll be driving it no later than mid-October
Yea! My Jeep will be sitting in my garage taking a rest very soon now. Yea!

Old 09-23-2004 | 07:26 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
Well, here she is, waiting for me to pick her up tomorrow.

Whadda you think?

Jerry
Orlando

Old 09-23-2004 | 07:32 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GLJones
Well, here she is, waiting for me to pick her up tomorrow.

Whadda you think?

Jerry
Orlando
Congrats Jerry!!! I'm so jealous! Enjoy your new addition to your family.

Old 09-23-2004 | 07:34 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Jerry - it's gorgeous!!! Wow.......

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-23-2004 | 08:06 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Where is the CARMEN

Well the Carmen is off the coast of Nova Scocia (way off), but fighting a slight headwind and some minor swells. BUT IT IS STILL COMING! She is 2/3 of the way across the pond and plowing home. Still on schedule for arrival on the 26th.

I also noticed that the OL on MINIUSA now shows me as "enroute". The WW website finally posted the Bill of Lading number for everybody on the Carmen (GB245462).

I think I will go flying on Sunday to celebrate and get my mind off the wait.

Drive Safe
Phil

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!