R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004 | 08:56 PM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GLJones
Well, here she is, waiting for me to pick her up tomorrow.

Whadda you think?

Jerry
Orlando
I thought that dealership looked familiar, I was just there yesterday.

Enjoy the ride!

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:07 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Jerry- she's beautiful!!! And very similar to my mini (CR/W). I think you're selling me on the stripes- the car looks so sporty and sleek with those white stripes!!!!

OK, my OL's tracking page just got updated in the past hour- I am now officaly enroute . Yayyyyyy!!! The thought that I may be actually driving my own mini as soon as the end of next week is nothing short of mind boggling. I feel excited, and nervous, and even a little overwhelmed. This is my first NEW car

I should be hearing back from my MA tomorrow about the car loan. I'm a little nervous . Because I have no credit history (err, took the gosh darn INS ages to get me a social security number) I am probably gonna get burned with the interest rate.... Even though I am putting 40% down. So, wish me luck guys. I keep getting nightmares that I am constantly being rejected a loan because my credit is new

Humph. Better get going- I have about 1000 pages of political science articals I need to read by Sunday.......

G'night my mini-mania mates,
Noa

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:16 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Congrats Noa
I bet you will be fine, especially putting so much money down, that made a difference at my credit union at least, the higher percentage of cost that I financed the rate increased slightly.

GL the car is amazing I love the cordoba interior with the red, awesome!!!

back to homework for me too! catcha ya all later!

-mike

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:23 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Jerry, Amazing car. I love the tan interior with the red dash and door trim. that is just unbelievably cool.

i have also updated to En Route in the OL. Does anyone know when the EDD will show up? I cant wait to drive my car.

Noa, good luck with the schoolin'. Dont worry too much about the credit. if you are putting that much down, i dont thnk that there should be a problem. if there would be any trouble, do you have anyone that can co-sign with you? I definitely dont have the credit rating for this loan despite the fact that I can afford the car. my dad is cosigning with me as primary on the loan. Im feeling so burned out on school these days. hopefully the mini will reinspire me... or maybe it will send my grades down the toilet. One more year... i can do it! dont worry

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:24 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
im noticing a them among the students here... BACK TO WORK, ALL OF US!

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:03 AM
direland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Well, the WW site had 2 entries for arrival-one for today & one for tomorrow The first one for today is lit up RED The date of arrival has flip flopped several times since the journey began a couple of weeks ago Who knows at this point

Lois
Hey Lois,

My Mia is on the Patriot as well. Looks like WW changed their information again as it shows arrive to SC on 9/23 and depart for GA on 9/24 and that the vessel has sailed. Yet my VIN shows it's still on the boat!

What's going on with our MINIs?

Dan

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:08 AM
direland
1st Gear
Just checked MINI USA and they've updated my profile. They now show an estimated delivery date of 10/2/04! Gonna be a good birthday this year! WOO-HOO!

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:14 AM
direland
1st Gear
Lois!

Just called WW in SC - they are unloading the Patriot as I type! Break out the champaign!

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:48 AM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
Anyone else have theirs sitting at the VPC? Mine's been there 2 weeks now

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:56 AM
direland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by brian@EuroStylesEast
Anyone else have theirs sitting at the VPC? Mine's been there 2 weeks now
Your MINI sitting at the SC VPC???

Old 09-24-2004 | 08:02 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Dan,
Thanks Hopefully our MINIs will get thru the VPC fast. My MA just emailed me with the info also I'm still hoping for delivery next weekend. We shall see

brian,
Which VPC? NYC or Charleston?

Lois

Old 09-24-2004 | 08:03 AM
Brian Spielman
3rd Gear
yup. It's only 2-3 days shipping time...but it just doesn't seem to want to leave! (I guess I'd take my time if I had to leave charleston to go to pittsburgh:smile: )

Old 09-24-2004 | 10:22 AM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Peep
As a Jeep owner who really to the 3rd power wants a mini...i cant wait to see your pictures !!!!
what Jeep did you get rid of?
It is a 1999 jeep cherokee

I am very exited that my MINI is on a truck to Minnesota and disapointed at the same time as the person buying my jeep was a fraud.
I posted a thread about it

Anyways i'm gonna go see the dealer tomorrow and try to see if my MINI is over there and snap some pics.

Old 09-24-2004 | 11:06 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Getting Angry

my ma has not returned my phonecalls for two days and i highly doubt i am picking up my car today - or even monday for that matter. i am completely in the dark...

this is a very un-mini like moment in the process... i needed to vent to my mini peeps!

ok, now taking my girlfriend's advice and not letting some less than professional salesman tarnish this experience for me.

rrghhh/smile/rrrghhh/smile - drew

Old 09-24-2004 | 11:21 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
my ma has not returned my phonecalls for two days and i highly doubt i am picking up my car today - or even monday for that matter. i am completely in the dark...

this is a very un-mini like moment in the process... i needed to vent to my mini peeps!

ok, now taking my girlfriend's advice and not letting some less than professional salesman tarnish this experience for me.

rrghhh/smile/rrrghhh/smile - drew
Don't let the sales person get to you Drew, the car will be a lot of fun even if you get it on Tuesday or later.

My original MA will not even make eye contact with me since I objected to the dealership sales practices in an email to the sales manager. Oh well, he wrote the deal for me and all is well.

Old 09-24-2004 | 11:38 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
hey drew, maybe your MA was dumb founded by your MINI when it came off the truck and he has been standing outside staring at it for 2 days drooling on his shoes, then late last night he had a revelation, an epiphany to go on and adventure to right all the wrongs in his life and right now the first one is calling you back, but he started running for your house with out is phone, and there he is running, and running and running, squishing along in his wet shoes. just a thought seriously though you are sooooo close, like that cheesy wilson phillips songs said, just hold on for one more day, ok maybe two.

YeeeeeHAW the MINI is off the boat (hopefully) so is anyones car from the patriot showing that it is checked in yet?

heres to a short boot camp for our MINIS
-mike

Old 09-24-2004 | 11:52 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
mike,

Mine says "discharged" Talked to my MA a little while ago & he still expects to have my Sunnie by the middle of next week. So I will be walking around with all my fingers & toes crossed

Lois

Old 09-24-2004 | 11:58 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
WHooo hooo I got a "discharge"........uhhhhhh let me rephrase that.... my MINI is off the boat! THanks Lois, you made me go check it again, good times, good times.

mike

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:07 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
mike,

Let me know when your MINI gets to St Louis. Maybe I can sneak down to the dealer & get a picture for you:smile: Are you still having it trucked to Cali?

Lois

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:18 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
I am going to try and come out, but there is still a chance for shipping, it totally depends on how long it is at the vpc, and how school is going, and whatnot, but If i cant make it out there, I would loooooove to have some pictures!! well even if I do make it out, they would be great! As long as its not too far out of your way!

But there are some great rates on southwest right now from oakland to st louis its like 94 bux, then i figure 200 bux for gas and 150 bux for cheap hotels and food, i will still be saving like 100 bux on the shipping and having a RIdiculouS amount of fun doing it plus my car will be broken in with about 500 miles left on the trip!! bWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 09-24-2004 | 12:18 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
thanks everyone - all of your good vibes got me some resolution: my car will be delivered on monday! that's 48 hours...one saturday, one sunday...two trips around the sun...slice it up anyway you like - but if i am not mistaken i think i will be the first of our gang of freaks to take delivery! either way i am very excited!

fyi - my ma told me he has been back to back test drives ever since mini of manhattan's convertible release party on wednesday night. good for mini, but bad for getting my calls returned! ; )

ok - time to start acting like an adult again...not!

cheers - drew

Old 09-24-2004 | 01:13 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
ok - time to start acting like an adult again...not!

cheers - drew
hey! as long as society treats me like a kid (college kid, young kid, kid just outta college, etc etc) Im going to take FULL advantage of it! Peter Pan complex?? oh hell ya...

Patrick

Old 09-24-2004 | 01:57 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I still don't act like an adult and I'm the MOM

Lois

Old 09-24-2004 | 02:15 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Ditto Lois! I'm right there with ya gal....

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-24-2004 | 03:48 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
On this side of the ocean on 10-1!!!

I called ask mini today and they told me it was put on the ship on 9-21 and will be in the port on 10-1. I sure hope it gets to me by the 15th.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!