R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004 | 12:26 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I have my loan approval and the check in hand! Im all set. now all i need is for the MINI to arrive at the dealer!! 4.49 over 60 months so tht was pleasing.

P

Old 09-29-2004 | 12:43 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
ACK oh man drew i am sooo sorry, that sux and or bites the big one, i was looking forward to getting home from school and checking out your car on here, DOH!

i called my MA and he says that it should be next week, my EDD is 10/2 so that seems about right. Probably wont be able to pick it up till the next week though, oh well!

this is going to rock all of these minis coming in so close together!!!

-mike

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:13 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
The Story Ends

well friends, here we go...

my ma called me - as mad as i am/was - and gave me the lowdown. my car has been ready for nearly a week, minus the installation of my snazzy aero spoiler. (much bigger than the cooper spoiler, not rounded like an s spoiler...very rally looking). it was determined last week that it should be installed by mini's body shop which is just outside of the city. so there my car went. and stayed. and nothing happenend. until today when the body shop dude proclaimed that in fact mini service in nyc could in fact do it...and that they didn't have the special glue required for it so that would have to be ordered and wont be here until friday. suffice it to say my ma wen't bonkers after hearing this and joined me in ultimate frustration over this body shop guy's apparent lack of brain cells. so the outcome? well the glue is on the way and mini will install it next week at their new york shop. yes, it could have been done that way in the first place, and this was completely unneccessary.... ugh. that being said, my ma and mini are doing the right thing: they are going to deliver my car to me tomorrow minus the spoiler...but PLUS A CHECK FOR 500 SMACKERS. that's right, for all of this frustration they are taking 500 dollars OFF of the price of the car...AND paying for my cabs back and forth next week when i bring it back to have the spoiler put on. talk about a class act...not bad huh? just when i was so completely down about the whole thing thed did the unthinkable and gave me money back for my frustration. all i can say is my regard for mini of manhattan has taken a giant leap for all mini-kind, and i wouldn't hesitate to reccomend them at all.

so tomorrow at 1 i get my mean little green machine, minus it's oversized spoiler, but with a check for 500 clams that should make me feel pretty dang good until monday when it gets installed.

i'll put up a couple of pics tomorrow (front end only! lol...) you'll have to wait for next tuesday to see the most talked about spoiler of all time..lol.

so, for old time's sake, i can now say (and i'm getting quite good at this!) "my car is coming tomorrow!"

- drew

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:21 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Drew,
Sorry you had to go through that mess ... but it does sound like they're trying to make it right.
I'm curious though, did they just up and offer this package or did you press them for some sort of consideration ?

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:25 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Drew,
Sorry you had to go through that mess ... but it does sound like they're trying to make it right.
I'm curious though, did they just up and offer this package or did you press them for some sort of consideration ?

i was pretty adamant that they needed to do something to make it up to me. the reality is that they have offered me more than the cost of the spoiler and its installation - plus trasportation costs next week to have it put on - so i'd call that pretty impressive.

- drew

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:29 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Yay, drew Sorry about all the mess. But you will get your MINI & hopefully be out on the New York countryside this weekend. If I could I would send you a bottle of a good red wine to celebrate Ours is already packed Be sure to post pics of Sunnie's big brother

Lois

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:42 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Yay, drew Sorry about all the mess. But you will get your MINI & hopefully be out on the New York countryside this weekend. If I could I would send you a bottle of a good red wine to celebrate Ours is already packed Be sure to post pics of Sunnie's big brother

Lois

thanks lois! ; ) actually the mean little green bean is heading to the hamptons this weekend to chew up some twisties... plenty of wine on the north fork too!

cheers - drew

Old 09-29-2004 | 02:53 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
sounds like an awsome deal. and in reality, it was only a few days extra for a free spoiler! not bad

Patrick

Old 09-29-2004 | 03:22 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
WOW i am always impressed when a business owns up to its mistakes and makes good with the customer, good for them and you! tear it up this weekend drew!!

-mike

Old 09-29-2004 | 03:38 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
:smile: :smile: Yayyy drew - that's awesome news....

Chow! (and yes - I know the correct spelling)

Donna

Old 09-29-2004 | 04:48 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
thanks for all the kind words everyone - i am really,really stoked about this car - it has been sucha labour of love! lol...

i am all set to pick it up at 1pm on thursday - so i'll hopefully have a pic or two up by tomorrow late in the day.

it seems like there is going to be lot of cars coming into our posession over the coming days...i am psyched to be one of the first!

cheers - drew

Old 09-29-2004 | 07:09 PM
myk
2nd Gear
"labour" ha!! anyone else catch that?

Old 09-29-2004 | 07:52 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by myk
"labour" ha!! anyone else catch that?

thanks myk! ; )

Old 09-29-2004 | 07:53 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Hey all, mine was in the paint shop today according to ASK MINI. Still counting down to the latter part of October unfortunately.

[UPDATE] - Just signed into the owner's lounge -- I'm now awaiting transportation! I have a booking # on the LIBERTY scheduled to arrive in US on 10/15!

Old 09-29-2004 | 09:23 PM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
stoped at the dealer yesterday (again!) and snaps some pics (posted in my gallery) then I took care of the financing paperwork. when I returned to check on my car another BRG/W with sunroof and stripes was there instead , MPLSTag, that one was probaly yours !:smile:

My MA was off that day, but the Motorwerks MINI manager helped me out. They are a very good dealership. :smile:

Also the sticker on tha passenger window listed the transport company, it was neither K-line nor was it WW ( sorry i didn't write down the name ). They are probably going through other companies for the trip across the pond.

They should be done with my MINI by saturday !!

For all you other desperate tracking gurus! (just like me)
Don't loose hope you MINI will get there eventually :smile:

Old 09-29-2004 | 09:42 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
3 days & counting I spoke with my MA today-Sunnie will be loaded on the truck tomorrow with arrival in Memphis on Friday We'll pick her up sometime on Saturday Louie had a bath tonight so he'll be all handsome when he meets his new baby sister Yahoo, Memphis here we come

Lois(who has gone slightly wacko over this MINI)

Old 09-29-2004 | 09:54 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
3 days & counting I spoke with my MA today-Sunnie will be loaded on the truck tomorrow with arrival in Memphis on Friday We'll pick her up sometime on Saturday Louie had a bath tonight so he'll be all handsome when he meets his new baby sister Yahoo, Memphis here we come

Lois(who has gone slightly wacko over this MINI)
Hurray, Lo!!!! This is fantastic news!!!!!! Have fun eating BBQ and getting to know your new baby! I'm sure Louie will welcome her into the family with a peppy little rev!

Clover

Old 09-29-2004 | 11:43 PM
bdmini
3rd Gear
Alright!!!

Cool baby, the OL shows my ride at the VDC!!! And the EDD is still 10/1.
Wow, barring any odd or unusual occurences I might actually get to drive
this thing by the weekend.

Now to pick out the wheel/tire combo.........

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA
I wanna motor!!!!

'05 MCS/BRG/W striped,Xenoned,and leathered up:smile:

Old 09-30-2004 | 06:30 AM
direland
1st Gear
My OL has been updated again. EDD has been changed from 10/1 to 9/30 - TODAY! Maybe a Saturday pick-up for me isn't wishful thinking. I hope this doesn't turn into a carrot on a stick...

Fingers crossed...

Dan

Old 09-30-2004 | 06:59 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
The Final Countdown

no, not that europe song dopey...! 3 more hours... i can feel it...

soon to be motoring in nyc - drew

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:37 AM
direland
1st Gear
Just talked to my MA and she informed me that Mia arrived at the dealer last night! She's going to see what she can do to push it through the system in hopes of getting it to me tomorrow!!! I hope she can pull it off!

WOOOO-HOOOO!!!

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:47 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
She's here!!!!!!

No pixs yet - sorry - I was just too tired last night to resize and post after our GLORIOUS drive up and down the Coast Road...:smile: Yippee..........OMG.......you guys.............the Cabrio is simply awesome! I love it, love it, love it, love it.........

Ariel was already off loaded and waiting with the top down when I arrived home from work yesterday.....I actually had butterflies in my stomach driving home from the train station!!!:smile: As I turned the corner into our driveway - there she was!!! The truck driver waited around for me to get home so we could finally meet in person - nice guy and he took very good care of Ariel coming across country..

We had half the neighborhood in our driveway drooling before we finally got a chance to take her out for her first spin.......

All I can say - is - it was worth the wait! So hang in there peeps, yours will be here soon....

Chow! (and yes - I know the correct spelling)

Donna

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:00 AM
MPLStag
1st Gear
I couldn't take it anymore, so I made my roommate drive me down to Motorwerks last night to see if we could find “Maggie”. We drove around the whole lot and after I started to get a disappointed feeling, there in the last spot was a BRG MCS! After getting out and seeing that the VIN matched I got this overwhelming happy feeling. The clear shield (only dealer accessory besides floor mats I got) was already on. She sure needed a wash, but even dirty she looked of so beautiful. I don’t think I’ll get anything done at work today, as all I can think about is when I will get to take her home.

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:14 AM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
Glad to hear that lots of you finally have your cars. I am now showing up on the WW site. I am booked on the Falstaff that left yesterday but not showing up as loaded or enroute. Perhaps I got waitlisted. Did any of you have this experience. There is another ship leaving today so perhaps the site will update later. The online still says I am scheduled for production?? I will try to call the MA today also. Enjoy your new toys.

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:36 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
coolbluemini-
Yes, many of us have been bumped to a different ship. Generally - but not always - wait-listed cars are shown with an asterisk. Keep in mind too that WW does not always update their web-site promptly (though in my experience they do so better than miniusa).

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!