R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004 | 10:24 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Im waiting for some solid information now regarding order numbers, production schedules, estimated deliveries. I have yet to receive anything from my dealer. In fact, I have yet to receive, sign, and send my purchase order confirmation.

No worries, there are things to do in the meantime, like school and work!

Patrick

Old 08-11-2004 | 10:27 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

At this rate, you are going to be very very sleepy by October
Both my MINIs are named. Louie is the chili red. Why? It's a combo between my name & being from St Louis. The Cabrio will be called Sunnie. Why? I don't think that's too hard to figure out.

Lois

Old 08-11-2004 | 10:37 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
I got my production number the same day I ordered the car!! My dealership is awesome- after test driving and slapping down the deposit, my MA went into the back office, and returned 10 minutes later with the confirmed order and production number :smile:.

Now, I just need to decide- to stripe or not to stripe?

Hmmmmmmm

PS- Apple, can't seem to IM you

Old 08-11-2004 | 10:39 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Im unfortunately not ordering from with-in the dealer's walls. Im doing it by phone and fax. I have a suspicion that this is my MA's day off! it will be sorted, and I was told that I have a slot now, so im not concerned. :smile:

Old 08-11-2004 | 11:05 AM
minispot
1st Gear
Here are my specs!
Ordered our MINI on the last week of June.

Prod# 7487xxx (Week 36 Build)
2005 Cooper - CR/W
Premium pack
Cold Weather pack
DSC
Xenon
Front fog

Our dealer (Mini of Manhattan) said it'll be here in NYC by the end of Sept.

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:00 PM
McCasper
1st Gear
Happy & Sad

I stopped by my dealer today and finally got to take a look at one of the pre-production Cooper convertibles. I have to say that I am very impressed. If only they had a Cooper S to look at, I would have been like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to duplicate that Christmas eve feeling the night before I take delivery of my MCSC some time in October.

My dealer should have both of their convertible demo cars in early September so only a few more weeks before a test drive.

The sad news is that ask mini had originally told me I had a week 36 build but the dealer print-out shows me as a week 38 build. It looks like two extra weeks of impatient waiting are in store .

On the plus side, they said I can still change the spec for another couple of weeks before it all get locked in.

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:11 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minispot
Here are my specs!
Ordered our MINI on the last week of June.

Prod# 7487xxx (Week 36 Build)
2005 Cooper - CR/W
Premium pack
Cold Weather pack
DSC
Xenon
Front fog

Our dealer (Mini of Manhattan) said it'll be here in NYC by the end of Sept.
CONGRATS! i too am waiting on my new baby from mini of manhattan. josh is my ma - who are you dealing with? how have you found the experience with them so far?

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:23 PM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Argh...

Classic MINI is saying it takes 2 weeks to get a production number, even though they have taken my $500 deposit already. Their secretary couldn't even find my order. Please don't tell me I have to try another dealership...

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:28 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
maybe thats because classic has a "backlog" and they cany give you a produciton number until they have their allococation. something like that perhaps.

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:36 PM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
The MA told me I had Sept. build...

Old 08-11-2004 | 10:30 PM
minispot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
CONGRATS! i too am waiting on my new baby from mini of manhattan. josh is my ma - who are you dealing with? how have you found the experience with them so far?
We're working with Tameka. She's been great. She says she's the only MA at the dealership that actually owns a MINI. She lets us take our time, even as we lingered around the garage admiring all 20 MINIs waiting to be sold or picked up.

I spoke to Lowry a bit too, but she's not as knowledgable nor personable.

Old 08-12-2004 | 05:16 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minispot
We're working with Tameka. She's been great. She says she's the only MA at the dealership that actually owns a MINI. She lets us take our time, even as we lingered around the garage admiring all 20 MINIs waiting to be sold or picked up.

I spoke to Lowry a bit too, but she's not as knowledgable nor personable.
sounds great. although i must tell you that my MA, josh, also owns a mini - so don't know what to say about the "only owner" status... i only saw the garage when i went for the test drive. is that where they do delivery as well? it was pretty dark down there!

Old 08-12-2004 | 09:57 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ok so I noticed on my order confirmation sheet that my MFSW with Cruise wasnt listed. So I didnt sign it, and I didnt fax it back. So technically, my car still isnt on order in their system. My MA is off today, So i plan on calling in tomorrow morning and having this adjusted. Then I will sign and officially be "On Order."

Im buying from Otto's Mini outside of Philly, btw.

Old 08-12-2004 | 10:12 AM
dlsmini
2nd Gear
Don't despare you guys you could get lucky like I did on the build week. I ordered through Mini of Nashville and my MA had a list of build week spots and just kept keying them in until he found one available. I was listed as week 35 to start, then called ASK MINI after about two weeks had passed and they said I was now week 34? It gets better... I called yesterday thinking my car wasn't even going to start production until the 16th of this month and the guy said it will be finished in a couple of days. WHHHOOOAAA! I was pumped to say the least, so don't give up hope that you just might get your baby a few days earlier then you think. Hang in there!!:smile:

Old 08-12-2004 | 10:39 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dlsmini
Don't despare you guys you could get lucky like I did on the build week...
That's great! Is the anticipation killing you yet?

I hope I'm as lucky as you to get the build week bumped up by so much but the extra wait will not kill me, will it?

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:18 AM
dlsmini
2nd Gear
Yep, waiting for this car is about to drive me crazy. I've had several new cars, but never ordered one and had to wait like this! I even went out and bought another car (old beater) just to have something to drive since I had already sold my other daily driver. That seemed to help because I'm fixing it up for my daughter to drive. The only problem is the closer I come to picking up the car the more excited I get. I'll probably drop 15 pounds because of nervous anticipation before I pick the car up.

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:32 AM
copysquirl
1st Gear
i'm the oldest week here!

I'm starting to think I'm the only one waiting til October.. oh woe is me...I'm gonna drive everyone mad soon. Please oh please somebody with a 749...number talk me down.

PW/B but that's just today... I could switch to red at any second... I NEED it to go into production so I can stop chaning my mind now! AGHGHHGHGHGH.

I haven't even sat in an 05 yet. What's it like?

Old 08-12-2004 | 11:58 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I've sat in a Cabrio & have seen only a couple 05's. Been driving my MINI for 18 mos & didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Some minor interior changes & some exterior changes too. A MINI is a MINI & they ALL are nice, no matter what year they are. I am anxious to drive my new Cabrio & compare the new Getrag tranny to my 03, however.

Lois

Old 08-12-2004 | 12:09 PM
copysquirl
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
I've sat in a Cabrio & have seen only a couple 05's. Been driving my MINI for 18 mos & didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Some minor interior changes & some exterior changes too. A MINI is a MINI & they ALL are nice, no matter what year they are. I am anxious to drive my new Cabrio & compare the new Getrag tranny to my 03, however.

Lois
Twoo. So twoo. I love the cabrio, very sexy. But New England and no garage said silly to me. I'm not to keen on the tricked out bumper mods but every mini is a classic. I just wish I could make time move a litte faster. It was a little a tense to order a car I'd never seen is all... and I'm wondering if there were options even my ma didn't know yet that I could do...but seeing as I've memorized the list I should let it go now eh?

ANYONE seen a PW bodyc color interior on the doors/daswh(I've seen the yellow one that was posted)- I don't think it'd be good but who knows...

Old 08-12-2004 | 12:14 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Copysquirl, Tell us more about your car! take a look at the table, you arent the only 749xxx!

I will likely be October too!

edit: no pepperwhite on the body color interior. I wanted that too, but its only available with 4 colors--red, orange, yellow, and one other... i forget.

heres the table again

Patrick

Old 08-12-2004 | 01:34 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I think a whole bunch of us will be October. Most of us have 748 & 749 orders with week 37 production dates & what's funny is there are Cabrios mixed in with hardtops Hope they put tops on all the right cars

I tried to get BRG interior & found out the same thing. If you haven't seen the anthracite, it is very sharp looking. It looks very good on a PW/B MINI. Patrick & copysquirl, you may also want to get your windows tinted at some point if your States allow it. It looks really good on MINIs with black roofs. If I could find Louie's picture back in the lost gallery, I'd show him to you

Lois

Old 08-12-2004 | 01:40 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
This is me going thru a checkpoint on a recent SCCA rally. You can kind of see his bonnet stripes & the back windows are tinted 35%. The fronts are too but they're rolled down.

Old 08-12-2004 | 01:43 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Pennsylvania doesnt allow for very much tinting, maybe not even enough to be worth it. its something to look into though.

Im going with Alloy Patina. I feel that anthracite would be too dark with the seats and the rest of the interior being nearly that color. the aluminum look gives it a nice contrast.

I already have matching driving shoes for my car (they arent driving shoes, per se, but they are perfect). bought them during my final days in Paris... :nostalgia:

lightweight, sole thats flat 'n thin, very comfy:

Old 08-12-2004 | 01:54 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Oh wow. ok... this window tinting issue in Pennsylvania is a MESS. THere is no specific law, but police "enforce" 70% light transmittance, which is very light.

The problem is that the only reference to this in the laws are that the vehicle must conform to a certain federal code. This code mentions tinting but nothing about percentages or screening for it. Other states that have specific laws about tinting AND laws requirements to conform to this federal code have tinting laws at 25%, 28%, 30% and so on...

I suppose if I want to even fight a ticket in court, I could...

Old 08-12-2004 | 02:27 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
My MA didn't even mention I could have a body colored dash . Crap, something new to ponder about!!!!! Also, whats the deal with the exterior crome? My MA also said they took that option out (like in the 2004 conf.). Ummmm, whats the deal? Help? Anyone? I'm losing my mind

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!