R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:42 AM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
Thanks Ozbone. Just a little over anxious here. There are some local club activities here that are before the end of October we would like to drive the car in. Talked to the MA but he was not much help as he is new and does not have a computer and shy about asking the more experienced MAs for help. I should be in there Saturday and will stop by and get a look at their online systme myself.

Old 09-30-2004 | 09:23 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
WOW congrats donna, i got all warm and fuzzy reading that post!! I cant wait!!!

-mike

Old 09-30-2004 | 09:47 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by yasodic
WOW congrats donna, i got all warm and fuzzy reading that post!! I cant wait!!!

-mike
Thanks... You'll have the same feeling very soon my friend.....:smile:

Donna

Old 09-30-2004 | 09:58 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
im trying to get ahold of someone at the dealer. my MA is off today so a manager should be calling me back shortly. hopefully my MINI is at the dealership already... I really hope its this weekend. I dont know what I will do if its later... I still cant see a time when i will be able to get to the dealers in the next 3 weeks...

My EDD is still 9-30, but does this refer to delivery to dealer or delivery to customer??

Congrats to all of those who are receiving their MINIs!!! Im going to start updating my website in preparation for this...

Patrick

Old 09-30-2004 | 10:23 AM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
WW updated there sight and I did not make yesterdays or todays ship. Looks like 26 of us are now wait listed for the [size=2]Jingu Maru not sailing until next week So I think that pushes my dilivery out until the end of the October. Anyone else on the Jingu Maru? When does the EDD start showing up??

Old 09-30-2004 | 10:46 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Patrick- I just talked to my MA, and my car still hasn't arrived at the dealership (and we're talking about a 1 hour drive from the VDC to the dealership) . Seeing as we were on the same boat, I think your car is right next to mine at the VDC. Oh well- I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the dealership will receive the car later on today.

Either way, I really hope to be motoring by Saturday. Between the weather and the overwhelming school/work load, I need something to cheer me up

Oh, and OL still shows en route . They need to find a better way of updating!

Waiting impatiently,
Noa

Old 09-30-2004 | 10:54 AM
Finalstatic
2nd Gear
First post and all but a slightly modified song to celebrate a change in status!

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

I left my home in Britain
Headed for 'Frisco bay
'Cause I've got to meet my owners
And they live so far away.

(my apologies to Otis Redding)

British Racing Green Cooper Convertible with Green top!
Coming sooooon to the west coast

Old 09-30-2004 | 11:27 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
How long have your cars taken at the VDC? The ship my eagerly anticipated MINI is on, the Emden, is docking in Charleston today and I want to estimate how long it will be before it's on a truck heading down here to Orlando.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2004 | 12:07 PM
direland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by McCasper
How long have your cars taken at the VDC? The ship my eagerly anticipated MINI is on, the Emden, is docking in Charleston today and I want to estimate how long it will be before it's on a truck heading down here to Orlando.

Thanks
My MINI arrived in Charleston on 9/24 and was delivered to the dealer in Indianapolis, IN on 9/29 so she wasn't at the VDC for very long.

Dan

Old 09-30-2004 | 12:10 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by McCasper

Thanks
It seems to very - sorry. Mine was there for 7 days - New Jersey dock. Hope this helps a little...:smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-30-2004 | 12:11 PM
direland
1st Gear
My MA called me back and set up an appointment for me at 4:30pm tomorrow! Gonna be a GREAT weekend it is!

Here's hoping all of you get yer MINIs in the very near future.

Dan

Old 09-30-2004 | 12:12 PM
Finalstatic
2nd Gear
West Coast US shipping information?

Has anyone found out what ship will be making the next trip to Port Hueneme from Southampton?

I haven't been able to find very much information on what carrier services the west coast other than it appears to be NYK Lines and their schedule database appears to be somewhat broken/empty for Southampton->Port Hueneme for any date range I enter.

Old 09-30-2004 | 03:49 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
hey. im really feeling down. im thinking of bailing on the car purchase. Not that i dont want it, but I am having a sort of crisis regarding my school and my life. i can't go to work in IT, a consulting job would be the death of my soul. somewhere along the line i fooled myself into thinking that this is what I wanted, despite my misgivings about giving up the cello and music, and adding french because IST "was too dry."

so im not sure that a massive car loan is the right thing at this time... a number of things brought this on, and i dont know what im going to do.

Old 09-30-2004 | 04:22 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hey Patrick! I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Although I can't completely relate, I can well imagine how overwhelmed you must feel right now. Between all of the loan approval/getting my own insurance/co-signer dramas and my school/work load, I second guessed myself as well, thinking why do I need all of this responsibility and headache right now, when I have so much on my plate (whew- what a run on sentence!). Well, I know that for me, my mini will be one of the reasons I will smile in the morning, and will give me some instant gratification for all of the work I am putting in right now. I can't give you any advise about school as I don't know your situation, but all I can say is take it one day at a time. If you think too much ahead right now (job, future, kids, morgage, doomed soul etc) you will only overwhelm yourself. Instead, try jotting down different possible scenerios (move to France for M.A? Study in the USA something more to your interest?) and allow yourself plenty of time to think about it. You DO NOT need to make any life-altering decisions today, tomorrow, or next month. You are only 21!!! So don't stress out too much about this (if at all possible). And feel free to email me through my profile if you want to talk with someone about this.

Noa

Old 09-30-2004 | 04:27 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
It's Here!!

just back from prowling nyc for the last 6 hours... i am blown away - it's amazing, fantastic, incredible, whiptastic...the list goes on and on and on....

too jazzed for a review right now - but it will be worth the wait everyone!

three shots attached - cheers - drew

Old 09-30-2004 | 04:33 PM
direland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
just back from prowling nyc for the last 6 hours... i am blown away - it's amazing, fantastic, incredible, whiptastic...the list goes on and on and on....

too jazzed for a review right now - but it will be worth the wait everyone!

three shots attached - cheers - drew
Sweet ride, Drew! I just love the BRG. I'm so glad I went with that color - was a little worried until I saw your pics. Thank you for making up my mind! Tomorrow just ain't gettin' here fast enough!

Dan

Old 09-30-2004 | 04:33 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Drew- your car looks GREAT !! MAZAL TOV!

Old 09-30-2004 | 04:53 PM
fiona
1st Gear
Installations

Fiona has arrived!! But she's naked

I have her stripes in hand, but I need to find an installation company. Does anyone have any recommendations for an installation company in Orange County, CA

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 09-30-2004 | 05:38 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
Drew- your car looks GREAT !! MAZAL TOV!
thanks noa - and thanks to all for everyone who said something nice! ; )

talk to y'all soon with a full review - drew

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:10 PM
grrl13
1st Gear
hello all, been scoping the boards for a bit.. what seems like an eternity ago i ordered my MC S Convertible.. Dark Silver, Navy top, 6-speed, premium package (minus chrome) =) and the dealer told me today that it should be here on/by October 15th!!!!!!!

it's almost like Christmas!! i am currently driving an '89 VW Cabrio, so you can imagine how ready i am to step up to some real performance. i can NOT wait. every day i see little minis zipping around, and i imagine when i will be in one of them!

cheers to all...

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:18 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
fantastic MINI Drew. I love it. ya... i need my mini. cant bail out now!

ugh...

Congrats and enjoy!

Patrick

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:55 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Either way, I really hope to be motoring by Saturday. Between the weather and the overwhelming school/work load, I need something to cheer me up
I am feeling this sooooo bad right now!

Patrick if it is any consolation, I have been having the same feelings, I have 2 classes left at school, and my business is going nuts right now, and I am in the process of interviewing at Pixar all good things right? Last week I freaked out, I was soooooo depressed, it just felt totally overwhelming, I was thinking of everything that I had to do and that I would never make it, I almost called to cancel my MINI, thank goodness I didnt, I talked to some friends and just got some perspective in general, I still have the crazy work load, but just talking it out and like Noa said taking it one day at a time, and then some days 5 minutes at a time it all seems to work out!!
We are almost there, the MINI will make everything better!!

DReW!!!! YEEEeeeeeeHAwwwwwww! I am so excited for you! congrats! Very nice looking car! looking forward to hearing all about it!!

hi to everybody else! WE want MINI!!!
-mike

Old 09-30-2004 | 07:57 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Here's a link to a few pictures of our new smile maker!..

http://forums1.roadfly.org/mini/foru...5736203-1.html

Thanks to all for the great friendships started in this thread! I can't wait to see pixs of all other new ones coming real soon....:smile: :smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:19 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Yasodic- I am glad someone else can unserstand what I'm going through! I am looking forward to my mini making my long (and tiring!) days of commuting between home/school/work (appr. 3 hours in the car daily) into a more enjoyable experience. If waking up at 6 am makes me grumpy, hopefuly I will feel better once I enter my mini . So, when are you supposed to receive your mini??

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:50 PM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
It has arrived!

As I mentioned earlier, my MINI is now at my dealer in Chicago. Too bad I'm in Washington State and can't go get it until mid-October. The dealer was kind enough to snap a few pics....

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!