R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004 | 09:44 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Sunnie is at the Dealer

We're picking her up at 3:30 tomorrow

Congrats to direland, NYCMINI,Donna,MPLStag, fiona, MINIDAN & anyone else I may have missed. Patrick & yasodic hang in there.

Be back on Sunday with pics

Lois

Old 10-01-2004 | 02:34 AM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Did you buy at MINI of St. Louis/Autohaus of Clayton? Who is/was your motoring assistant?

P.S. the Freedom seems to be off the coast of Boston right about now, and is due in Charleston on the 5th. Last I checked, it can't be much more than a couple of weeks now until delivery!

Old 10-01-2004 | 05:37 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
fantastic MINI Drew. I love it. ya... i need my mini. cant bail out now!

ugh...

Congrats and enjoy!

Patrick

stay with it patrick! you'll be feeling A LOT better when you get it ....trust me my man! stay the course!

yasodic - thanks for the eeeehaw! pixar? cool!

- drew

Old 10-01-2004 | 08:21 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Not sure where to start but here goes...
Miniusa gave an Est Delivery of 9/30. Spoke with my MA and we tentatively picked Monday 10/4 due to scheduling issues. Called him today to confirm and learned they don't have the car yet. He checked computer, which told him it was still "en route" (on the ship - not yet at VPC). Of course, I know it was on the Carmen, which unloaded in NY/NJ last weekend! So he's making some calls.
In the meantime I call ASK-MINI and they say the car is "either just off the coast or just unloaded". Again I explain that the ship has already come and gone almost a week ago.
So now I'm getting uncomfortable with WHY my car has been sitting at VPC for the better part of a week, especially considering that ASK-MINI says cars are usuallly there 1-2 days.
In the mantime of course, I sold my Passat, thinking I'd surely have a car early next week.

Old 10-01-2004 | 08:31 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Not sure where to start but here goes...
Miniusa gave an Est Delivery of 9/30. Spoke with my MA and we tentatively picked Monday 10/4 due to scheduling issues. Called him today to confirm and learned they don't have the car yet. He checked computer, which told him it was still "en route" (on the ship - not yet at VPC). Of course, I know it was on the Carmen, which unloaded in NY/NJ last weekend! So he's making some calls.
Ozbone, Could it be that your car went to the SC VPC instead of the NY one? I know the Carmen was just at Charleston yesterday and left today. If your car went there instead, it is probably getting on the train to the VPC and has not had the status updated yet.

Where is everybody seeing the estimated delivery date?

Old 10-01-2004 | 08:42 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ozbone, I am in the SAME situation, I was on the carmen, im stilll listed in the same status as you. I thnk they are just slow to update. we are likely at the VDC, maybe even Thru it, just waiting....

Patrick

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:10 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Thanks McCasper and Patrick,
You'll find the Estimated Date of Delivery at the OL on the miniusa site.
I seriously doubt my car went to Charleston - I'm in Maryland - just a 4 hour drive from the NY/NJ port.
And Patrick your're probably right - they just don't update very well. Part of me can understand not updating the OL on the web-site, BUT for BOTH the dealers and ASK-MINI to have such dated info seems like a bad joke.

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:26 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hey! I am in the same situation. I was also on the Carmen, and the OL still shows me as "en route". My MA has no clue where the car is, or when they should be expecting it. This is frusterating! Don't they scan the VIN's when they unload the cars? How can they not know where the car is???? My EDD was yesterday

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:37 AM
direland
1st Gear
Here we go...

I'm off to the dealer. Next time I post I'll be a proud new MINI owner! I'll post some pics on Monday...

Adios!

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:38 AM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
I was a little worried about my delivery date, even though I had allowed two weeks extra on top of what the dealer originally told me. Like everyone else, I saw inconsistencies and lags between what the owners lounge said, and what ASK-MINI (both live and automated) said. And my VIN never showed up on the WW tracking site. The few times I contacted the dealer for reassurance, the laconic reply was "your car was built on Sep 1, it will be ready for delivery 4 weeks later".

But sure enough, I got an email from the dealer on 9/27 that my MINI had arrived. So I think in most cases the inconsistent and lagging tracking tools are more of a distraction than they should be, because most cars probably arrive on schedule.

Old 10-01-2004 | 11:28 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Well, it's here! Now i just have to convince myself i need it

http://www.infinitemile.com/gallery/album02

Old 10-01-2004 | 02:08 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
My car should be at the dealer between now and monday! MA wasnt sure, but since Sunnie is at the dealership, and Lois is picking up tomorrow!! congrats by the way!!! My car was on the same boat and going to St Louis, so hopefully on a similar schedule, now just have to weasel out of a couple of classes and plan my whirlwind road trip some time in the next couple of weeks!!

Did you buy at MINI of St. Louis/Autohaus of Clayton? Who is/was your motoring assistant?
I did! I am working with Devin, very cool guy, but he is always suprised how much I know about where my car is, I told him he has got to get on here and check out NAM especially since he has a MINI also!

pixar? cool!
Ill keep you guys updated, but a friend of a friend is handing my resume and demo reel to one of the founders of the company, and then I am supposed to sit down and talk with him, so we will see what happens!

If waking up at 6 am makes me grumpy, hopefuly I will feel better once I enter my mini
ACK! 6am would make me grumpy too, but im sure the MINI will help with that! I have a class at 830am and I swear sometimes I would pay someone to drag me by my feet if need be, to my class throw me into a chair and just let the teacher wake me up when the class got to something interesting. I am definitley a night person.

Old 10-01-2004 | 02:42 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Wheres my car?? Wheeeere??? I was hoping to pick up by tomorrow (Saturday)!

Is it possible for the dealership to prep the car and have me pick it up on the same day?

Old 10-01-2004 | 02:42 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
24 hours later...is it great?

DAMN RIGHT IT'S GREAT!!! : )

i just got back from quite the cruise around nyc.... through the west village, over to the east side, up and down the fdr...trying my best to put it all through its paces as best i can given where i live... and all i can say is ;->!!!!!!!

the car is - simply put - a monster. this must be the biggest steal in sports car history! the fact that you get so much for so little (pun intended!) is simply amazing. the fit and finish are top notch. the leather sport seats are luxurious. the handling is beyond recognition. the power is there - even with ac running. the h/k is great. the nav is incredible. the list really does go on and on.... i am simply blown away.

i will be returning the car to mini of manhattan on monday for a one night turnaround on the installation of my infamous rear spoiler (expect lots of pics..lol..) and to have my aux gauges adjusted. (the only problem i have is that they only work with the lights on!!!! simple wiring mistake...should be easy to fix). regardless of that i am still thrilled.

by tuesday it will be letter perfect to my exact spec - and with a 500 discount from mini of manhattan to boot. hell they even told me they'd pay for my cabs to and from the showroom to cover the inconvenience!

i am genuinely over the moon about this car. i would bet the farm that you all will be as well.

more next week after i take it (and my girlfriend) out for a spin through the twisties in the hamptons this weekend.

happy motoring all! - drew

Old 10-01-2004 | 03:33 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Noa, I dont think that we are going to get our cars tomorrow!!! NOO!!

I was really hoping to have it this weekend to avoid doing something drastic, such as skipping school and work for a day this coming week to go to philly and get it... but how to get there?! my parents wont be able to drive me down... wheels turning in my head... Bus down? will the dealer pick me up? hmmm.

I was going to skip my one class on friday to go to cleveland and pick up my brother and bring him home. my plans may be DASHED. Bloody 'ell, mates!

--Patrick, sitting by the window in a white straight jacket, murmuring... "mini...mini...mini..."

Old 10-01-2004 | 03:52 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Where arth thou, o' jolly mini????

I have a paper proposal due on Tuesday (2-3 pages! for a 50 page paper!) and an exam on Thursday about certain brain functions (ya know, neurotransmitters and all that fun stuff) and ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS MY GOSH DARN M.I.A MINI

Hellllllllppppppppp............................... .

Noa, slowly going ballistic at work

PS- has anyone ever hired a private investigator to find out where their minis are? Just a thought.... *twiddling thumbs*

Old 10-01-2004 | 04:42 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Well I heard back from my MA. He took the apparently rare step of actually phoning the VPC. He learned essentially nothing from them except that they said something to the effect that they've been backed up because the hurricanes have loaded up (concentrated) their arrivals .... or some sort of hooey to that effect. They did allow that there are cars at the VPC that have not been checked in yet - clearly mine and a bunch more fall into that category. Net effect is that he really has no clue when I can expect my car. Needlesss to say they have nothing available for me to use so I've got to try to re-arrange my schedule - for the umpteenth time - to accomodate the fact that I will be without wheels.

Old 10-01-2004 | 04:46 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Whaaaa?

Ozbone- which VPC is that ????

Old 10-01-2004 | 05:06 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
I'm referring to the NY/NJ VPC, where several of us have cars that arrived last weekend on the Carmen - but have not yet been officially clocked in.

Old 10-01-2004 | 05:20 PM
merikk
2nd Gear

My car is one of them.

Old 10-01-2004 | 05:23 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
mine too it seems. Have a beer, or a glass of wine. its friday night.

Patrick

Old 10-01-2004 | 06:31 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I updated my site! have a look while you are waiting for your minis!

http://homepage.mac.com/applecello

Later!
Patrick

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:06 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Thank god! OL just updated as "at distribution center".

I don't have any hopes of picking the car up this weekend, but at least something is moving.

Humph.

G'night everyone!
Noa

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:13 PM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by yasodic
I did! I am working with Devin, very cool guy...
Oh my gawd, small freaking world. I'm working with Devin as well, and your car is on Freedom too right? We'll have to do lunch the day they arrive. What day did you order? I placed my order on August 21. And you're going to work at Pixar? Demo reel? Is that 3-D animation by chance? Currently I'm working in tech support but hope to get back into my 3-D animation studies next semester, mostly in Alias Maya. Is this all a little creepy or what?

Old 10-02-2004 | 01:08 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
hola avitor

Actually my car was on the patriot, so should hit the dealership anytime from right now up to monday tuesday, i dont think i will be able to get out there to pick it up for another week or so, have to wait and see, but if it lines up, lunch sounds good, i like it so much i have it once a day, at least who knows on the pixar thing, just at the very early stages, but actually im just finishing up film school, so would be looking more into a layout artist, shot designer, editor, storyboardist position, wherever they will have me pretty much heheee but just for fun i did grab maya awhile back and started playing with it, very cool software

ill definitley let you know when im headed out to st louis though!!

-mike

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!