R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004 | 08:25 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Wooo Hooo Lois!!! :smile: :smile: Wooo Hooo to all the others who have just picked theirs up to..... I haven't stopped smiling either...

Chow!

Donna

Old 10-04-2004 | 08:45 AM
direland
1st Gear
Sweetness slightly tarnished...

I sure do love my new MCS! Picked her up on Friday and racked up almost 500 miles of wonderous motoring over the weekend.

Not all is perfect though as I have already spotted two problems. First is a minor (but annoying one) - the cap on the end of the hand brake doesn't snap in snuggly and has fallen off a couple of times. Second - more serious - the passenger side daytime running light isn't self adjusting it's height like the driver's side does. So, to others on the road, it looks as if I have a headlight out as the passenger side is pointing *MUCH* lower than the driver side.

I guess I'll have to take a day off from work to get these fixed - my dealer is a 2 hour drive away. How did they miss the headlight during QC?

Outside of that, this car ROCKS! Look forward to every minute I can spend in it! Would have posted some pics, but I haven't had time to re-install the software for my digital camera. Will try to get that done soon - if I can get away from work/MINI long enough!

Enjoy your new MINIs folks!

Dan

Old 10-04-2004 | 09:15 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
weekend update

hey everyone -

as promised, here i am for one more quickie review. this time i took the little green monster out to the hamptons and montauk. there are no shortage of twistie roads out there, so it was a great stomping ground to see what the car can really do. once again - i am floored! all of the turns and exits i used to have to take at 15 mph (braking all the while) in my old explorer were suddenly transformed into 40 mph testing grounds...what a rush! the car is just GLUED to the road. my expecatations have been totally surpassed. i am sure all of you who are just on the verge of getting your cars will be well satisfied too - just hang in there a little longer!

anyhoo - i'll post once again tomorrow when my aero spoiler is installed so y'all can see what all the fuss was/is about and then i suppose it will be off into the ether for me. i'll still be around to talk shop, but i feel like perhaps it might be time to start a new thread now that our cars have arrived/are arriving. thoughts?

cheers - drew

Old 10-04-2004 | 09:38 AM
merikk
2nd Gear

Still waiting.

Ho, hum.

Old 10-04-2004 | 12:26 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
so my car left the vdc on saturday, and should be at the dealership today or tomorrow at the latest!!! Getting closer!

congrats bdmini, and everyone who has picked up recently!!

-mike

Old 10-04-2004 | 12:36 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by merikk

Still waiting.

Ho, hum.
We're here - cheering you on!!!

Chow!

Donna

Old 10-04-2004 | 12:56 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear

Still waiting.

Ho, hum.
maybe our minis are hiding in the VDC's broom closet together...

still no word on mine.

Patrick

Old 10-04-2004 | 04:14 PM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by capNjack
Hi my 05MC(Cap'NJack) is being transported to the port of exit. Was wondering if any one else is waiting like I am. I am in San Francisco so it will take a while to get here I hope it gets on a boat soon. Does anyone know if it would go on a boat other than Wilenius Wilhelsen? Thanks!:smile:
Cap'NJack I have been at the port since last Monday hoping to get on a ship this week. Next one is Wednesday.

Old 10-04-2004 | 04:16 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
*twiddling my thumbs*

Called my MA and still no answer. No-one knows where the car is. Like he told me last Tuesday, "any day now".

Can you tell that this waiting is getting old?

Old 10-04-2004 | 05:41 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My MA indicated in an email tonight that there was still no sign of the car, but "that may change tomorrow." no word on how/what/why but it seems that she has reason to believe that she will be getting it sometime during the day. So that means that I have to leave here on thursday after my astro midterm and skip the rest of my classes to go get it! we'll see...

Old 10-04-2004 | 05:46 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hi Patrick,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us (and anyone else still waiting). Maybe tomorrow will be the day!

Noa

Old 10-04-2004 | 06:09 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Hi Patrick,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us (and anyone else still waiting). Maybe tomorrow will be the day!

Noa
I have a feeling that tomorrow could be it!

Patrick

Old 10-04-2004 | 06:12 PM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
At Last

My MCS is finally at home !!

What a car , it has great pickup even in 6th gear. still getting used to the manual transmission, because it has been a while since i have driven one.

Some bad stuff though:

they forgot to install the clear shield and the aux input !! (my only dealer options)

I was also wondering, has anyone else had a strange smell come out of the exaust when their MINIs were new ??

Also the healdlights are aiming really low, I couldn't see anything tonight while driving around !! Is that normal ?

Has anyone received an 05 owners manual with their 05 MINI ?

I love this car , the exaust sounds great!
More than anything I had hoped for.

Old 10-04-2004 | 06:20 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Hi Patrick,

Noa

I'M SENDING GOOD VIBES TO YOU BOTH! TOMORROW WILL BE CAR DAY!

- DREW

Old 10-04-2004 | 06:36 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
Congrats Jeep!!

I'm still waiting for my call. On Friday my MA said Monday or Tuesday, but thats looking less and less likely, seeing as tomorrow is Tuesday. What really sucks is that Wednesday I start working at a new office so my 15 minute bus commute to downtown turns into a 75 minute bus commute to Roseville. I sold my old car a month ago to my best friend who was moving out to Cali and was really hoping I'd have the MINI before I made the office move. 9 days at the dealership and counting.

-Aaron

Old 10-04-2004 | 08:32 PM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
MPLStag: I got lucky, my MA (amy) said she bumped me to the front of the list for PDI. you should try talking to your MA (those 7 series owners can wait.), they are helpful if you are nice to them.
( I was in a bad situation too, because someone cut in front of me and I crashed my Jeep on Friday)

P.S. Hey, I work in roseville too, at Toys R Us !!

Old 10-04-2004 | 08:45 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
I'M SENDING GOOD VIBES TO YOU BOTH! TOMORROW WILL BE CAR DAY!

- DREW
Drew, you forgot the vibe lines --> ~~~~~~~

Old 10-05-2004 | 08:19 AM
direland
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GoodbyeJeep
My MCS is finally at home !!

What a car , it has great pickup even in 6th gear. still getting used to the manual transmission, because it has been a while since i have driven one.

Some bad stuff though:

they forgot to install the clear shield and the aux input !! (my only dealer options)

I was also wondering, has anyone else had a strange smell come out of the exaust when their MINIs were new ??

Also the healdlights are aiming really low, I couldn't see anything tonight while driving around !! Is that normal ?

Has anyone received an 05 owners manual with their 05 MINI ?

I love this car , the exaust sounds great!
More than anything I had hoped for.
The dealer didn't program my MCS to unlock all doors with one click of the button. I still have to click twice to open the passenger door. I don't care for this, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I even pointed it out to the dealer and my MA took it back to the shop to have corrected. I didn't think it check it again before I left but what ever they did, they didn't fix this.

My passenger's side daytime running light does auto-adjust on the vertical plane like the driver's side does. So the passenger side is pointing directly at the ground - looks like I have a headlight out to other drivers.

I've been smelling a strange smell, too, but I think it's diminishing (or I'm just getting used to it). Kind of a hot/burning smell. My friend thought that's normal on new cars.

The plastic cap on the end of the handbrake comes off to easily - nothing a little drop of super glue can't fix I guess.

I believe my manual is a 2005 as it doubles as the Convertible manual as well.

I've noticed that the last two mornings when I first start my MINI, it *ALMOST* stalls. It'll idle at about 1100-1200 RPMs for about 10 seconds after starting, then drop to where it just about stalls and then pick back up again to 1100-1200. Anyone else experiencing this?

All glitches aside, I am totally loving my MINI!

Dan

Old 10-05-2004 | 10:14 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Noa, any word from your dealer? nothing to report on my end...

Patrick

Old 10-05-2004 | 10:45 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
MA just called....

MY CAR IS AT THE DEALER'S!

Patrick- they just now received it- I think there is good reason to believe that yours will be arriving today as well!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now I just need to figure out when I can pick up my car. I am working until 8pm and they close at 8... Hmmm... Maybe I can leave work early? I dunno- but I will find a way

Noa

Old 10-05-2004 | 10:51 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
YES!!! Im so happy for you. do you have a digital camera ready to snap photos?!

(wherestheMAgoddmmnitibeenwaitinglongenoughnow.... )

Old 10-05-2004 | 11:16 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Just talked to my MA.... NOTHING TO REPORT...

she said her info shows that i havent been released to a carrier yet so it could still be a while. is she just plain WRONG? i hope so...

Old 10-05-2004 | 12:39 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
OK, I will have to be patient, because my co-signer cannot go to the dealership before tomorrow. Pooey . Well, I will have to wait until tomorrow night..... Whats one more day when I have waited for over two months????

Old 10-05-2004 | 02:34 PM
GoodbyeJeep
1st Gear
happy to report the smell at the exhaust has greatly diminished, so I am assuming it's normal.

Also I got my first wave today !! and also a second wave on the same street !!:smile: 1st ave, in Minneapolis, one was a red cooper, the other was a silver coooper S with aero kit !

Old 10-05-2004 | 02:46 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
OK, I will have to be patient, because my co-signer cannot go to the dealership before tomorrow. Pooey . Well, I will have to wait until tomorrow night..... Whats one more day when I have waited for over two months????
way to go noa! sooooo close - we want pics when you get it!

and patrick - hang in there my man - it's gonna be worth it... my car sat in the vdc for nearly two weeks with all sorts of false alarms going off... trust me - it's cool...you'll get it!

cheers - drew

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!