R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004 | 02:49 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
The Infamous Aero Spoiler

well i guess this is it - my car is now offically complete. for those of you who were following along with my saga of "the car is ready...oh...wait..no it's not!" three times in a row, today brings it all to an end. mini of manhattan got my spoiler, installed it overnight (after i tooled around all weekend testing my new wheels!) and delivered to me today along with a 500 dollar check for all of my trouble. class act to say the least! so without any further delay....pics of this coveted piece of ...umm... whatevever its made of!

cheers - drew

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:04 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
Anyone get an Aero kit?

My car is waiting transport. But i'm getting mixed signals from the dealer about the aero kit.

Some dealers are telling me it doesnt exist yet for the 05???

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:08 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
Speaking of which...

SAILED TODAY at 14:16. WHOO HOOO!!!!!!!

Now lets just keep that tropical depression off the African coast till we make it over!

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:17 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
Called my MA again today and still no date for pick up in sight. I got kind of lippy and feel bad about it, but the combination of waiting for the car, leaving a job a really liked today, and being nervous about going to my new office tomorrow just has me in a downer of a mood.

I'm hoping for Saturday now.

Cheers, Aaron

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:26 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
The exhaust smell is normal-just the exhaust burning off. It will go away. In fact Sunnie's is gone after 800 miles of motoring. Also I think they have taken away the auto unlock. I can't find it anywhere in the handbook. I also have to do 2 clicks to unlock the doors on both my MINIs. I don't know if 1 click will open both doors. The rough idle when starting happened on mine also. But it has also gone away after 800 miles.

Happy Motoring to all. Only 400 miles until break in is over Then I can really start testing Sunnie in the twisties.

Lois

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:36 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
:smile: Ditto on the exhaust. The first 100 miles or so, it smelled like it was burning, but it has totally gone away.

On both our MINI's, you have to do 2 clicks to open the doors. 1st click does the drivers door, 2nd does the passenger door. We also have the auto-unlock on both, so it is a programmable feature which I love...

And for those asking about he 05' Manual, mine was nicely tucked away in the glovebox.

I only have 350 smile miles so far. Going to a ralley this weekend so we'll get a chance to put a few more on. But so far, all is well. The top looks great. No rattles, no yo-yo or stumble, and the lights are aligned correctly.

My only issue is the black sticky gunk that is getting slung around from the wheels. Not the normal grime! It's nasty and very hard to get off....

I see some positive signs of movement with lots of you all in here - Yayyy!!!!!

Chow!

Donna

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:45 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Well, my MCS "Stella" is reportedly on the Liberty as of today! WHOOOHOOOO

Old 10-05-2004 | 04:33 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hi guys!

Well, I have to pass the time somehow until tomorrow, so I have been looking at stripes. I am debating whether to get the standard stripes or the modified version:

VS

(obviously without the roof graffics)

Its hard for me to decide- I love the car with stripes, I really like the modified version, but am afraid it will come out looking wierd. Any thoughts?

Noa

Old 10-05-2004 | 04:46 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Same here with the sticky gunk on the wheels, Donna Guess I'll worry about the auto unlock when she has to go to the dealer. It's just a minor thing. Temps about 60 right now but have an appoinment to keep so I'm dressing warm-gloves, hat & heat Have to honor that 90/10 contract

noa,
I like the modified version too. I'm still deciding which kind to do also. But they will be gold

Lois

Old 10-05-2004 | 06:19 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
Hi guys!

Well, I have to pass the time somehow until tomorrow, so I have been looking at stripes. I am debating whether to get the standard stripes or the modified version:

Its hard for me to decide- I love the car with stripes, I really like the modified version, but am afraid it will come out looking wierd. Any thoughts?

Noa
GO MODIFIED - MORE UNIQUE!

- drew

Old 10-05-2004 | 07:29 PM
cr8vision
1st Gear
It wont be long now

Well it looks like Ludwick has arrived in Charleston, it should not be long now until he makes his way to Jacksonville. I am so excited:smile: All my financing is done, I am just waiting on the phone call to pick him up. My MA told be it could be 7 to 10 days. I do not understand why it takes so long. It looks like everyone is happy with their deliveries so far, I hope mine is no different.

Old 10-06-2004 | 08:16 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
I am awaiting my delivery as well. The dealer said that the online estimated delivery date of October 8th sounded reasonable but could be later if it had to wait for a truck down from SC. The online status finally changed to at distribution center yesterday which probably means on a truck to Orlando given the speed in which the online system updates.

On a side note, has anyone with a drop top had their windows tinted? If so, did they do the back window as well and how do you think it affects the look of the car?

Thanks

Last edited by McCasper; 10-06-2004 at 08:20 AM. Reason: To fix grammer...
Old 10-06-2004 | 08:25 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
im getting so tired of waiting. when is my MA going to call...

Old 10-06-2004 | 08:27 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
On a side note, has anyone with a drop top had their windows tinted? If so, did they do the back window as well and how do you think it affects the look of the car?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
We had ours tinted - back window and all......I like the way it looks....

Chow!

Donna

Old 10-06-2004 | 08:40 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
my coworkers seem to think that my situation is funny. they believe that the Carmen SANK.

soon.. soon.

Old 10-06-2004 | 09:39 AM
cayucosteve
2nd Gear
Tinted Windows

I had my Black MCSC in to the tint shop on Monday. I received a call from the installer, that the back window had some scratches on the glass. I told him to just tint the side windows as I want to show the scratches to the dealer. Is the rear glass easily replaced ?? The side windows look good tinted, especially with a Black car.

Old 10-06-2004 | 09:40 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
And my wife wants this whole episode to just END so that I stop being so morose. Almost 24 hours since I called my MA and still no news ...

Old 10-06-2004 | 09:48 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Thanks for the opinions on the window tint. I'm sure it will look good with the dark silver paint. Now I just need to get my current car to Carmax and see what they will give me for it. I know I could make more selling it privately but I really didn't want to deal with showing the car to strangers and possibly getting scammed. Call me cautious but after the storms here in central Florida this year, the scammers seem to be everywhere.

Oh well, day dreaming of a nice long Florida winter with the top down...

Old 10-06-2004 | 09:55 AM
DiamondRG
1st Gear
OK, my new Hyper Blue/Blue MCS was born on October 1 and promptly booked on the Patriot, which was scheduled to depart Southampton on the 12th. Then on the 4th, it no longer showed up on the Patriot booking number, but showed up as "wait listed" on the Liberty which sailed yesterday. Last night it and over 100 other new MINIs were still showing as "wait listed" long after the ship sailed. This morning only 17 MINIs are listed on the Liberty. When I enter my VIN on the WW cargo tracking site, it doesn't show up at all. This is cruel and unusual punishment, first I thought that I would get my new MCS a week early, now I'm not even sure it will be booked back on the Patriot. Any one else in this "boat"?

Old 10-06-2004 | 10:20 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DiamondRG
OK, my new Hyper Blue/Blue MCS was born on October 1 and promptly booked on the Patriot, which was scheduled to depart Southampton on the 12th. Then on the 4th, it no longer showed up on the Patriot booking number, but showed up as "wait listed" on the Liberty which sailed yesterday. Last night it and over 100 other new MINIs were still showing as "wait listed" long after the ship sailed. This morning only 17 MINIs are listed on the Liberty. When I enter my VIN on the WW cargo tracking site, it doesn't show up at all. This is cruel and unusual punishment, first I thought that I would get my new MCS a week early, now I'm not even sure it will be booked back on the Patriot. Any one else in this "boat"?
My MINI was booked on the Freedom and then did not show up at all on the W&W site. The car actually sailed on the K-Line ship Emden just about a week prior to the Freedom so my car made it to SC a few days earler than originally expected. It would seem that here is a good chance you are on another carrier if you are no longer able to find your car on the W&W site.

Old 10-06-2004 | 01:01 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
I picked up my car!!!!

I was able to coordinate with my co-signer, and she went to sign the papers during the morning while I was at school. Then after school (well, ok, so I left my last class 1/2 an hour early... ooops) I drove straight to the dealership. Let me tell you, my heart was beating so fast and I was so excited I could SCREAM! Hahahaha... Yes, that dramatic. I sound crazy, don't I?

I arrived at the dealership at 12:05pm. From the moment I entered the building, I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. We first finished up the paperwork- I signed all necessary paperwork. Then, I handed over a big, fat, certified check, and in return I received the spare key to the car. THEN the fun began! Tony walked me towards the service station, where 4 covered cars stood in a line. He went to the last car, and asked me to stand next to it. Oe of the other MA's popped by (Dan) and took a picture of me next to the car. Then came the moment of unveiling! Tony removed the car covering while Dan took a "reaction" picture (as he said "Noa, try to look surprised!" :smile: ) and another one of me smiling like a dork and giving a thumbs up .

I LOVE the car! Love it, love it, love it! I kept asking them if they were sure it was mine. At first I checked to see that everything was according to my specs, and then I went through the guided tour of the car. Before I left they made one tweak to the options (day lights automatically turn on when I turn on the car) and I was off on the road! The drive to work went by really fast- all 40 minutes of it. I was busy trying to keep my speed down, because this Cooper CVT just wanted to GO! I was very impressed with the performance. I also had some people smile and stare at me while stopping at lights. Very fun! Let me say, this car HUGS the road when I am making turns- I am really astounded by the handling. So I had tons of fun driving with my music blasting on the H/K stereo

I promise picture tomorrow. For those still waiting, hold in there! Its amazing how once you receive those car keys, the two month wait seems to completely vanish from your memory. True Mini-magic!

Noa

PS- OL still shows me at the distribution center, with EDD of 10/07

Old 10-06-2004 | 01:19 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Hard to say if this is "progress" or just another bad joke ..... but even though OL shows me at the VDC, they've recently changed my Estimated Date of Delivery from 9/30 (yeah!) to 10/5 - yesterday!! And still not a peep out of my MA.

Old 10-06-2004 | 02:02 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
It's all very puzzling why some MA's seem to know exactly where your MINI is & others don't have a clue. I was lucky. Zac at Roadshow was right on top of everything. I even got Sunnie a day earlier than promised. Only issue is I don't have auto unlock. They even programmed the audio alert for low gas which I had to tell them existed. Once again, thanks to Zac & Roadshow for a great experience. I even got some freebies-key chain, auto care kit & best of all, a MINI Cabrio visor that has a Cabrio on the front & "ALWAYS OPEN" on the back

Happy Motoring
Lois

Old 10-06-2004 | 02:09 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
I picked up my car!!!!

I was able to coordinate with my co-signer, and she went to sign the papers during the morning while I was at school. Then after school (well, ok, so I left my last class 1/2 an hour early... ooops) I drove straight to the dealership. Let me tell you, my heart was beating so fast and I was so excited I could SCREAM! Hahahaha... Yes, that dramatic. I sound crazy, don't I?

I arrived at the dealership at 12:05pm. From the moment I entered the building, I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. We first finished up the paperwork- I signed all necessary paperwork. Then, I handed over a big, fat, certified check, and in return I received the spare key to the car. THEN the fun began! Tony walked me towards the service station, where 4 covered cars stood in a line. He went to the last car, and asked me to stand next to it. Oe of the other MA's popped by (Dan) and took a picture of me next to the car. Then came the moment of unveiling! Tony removed the car covering while Dan took a "reaction" picture (as he said "Noa, try to look surprised!" :smile: ) and another one of me smiling like a dork and giving a thumbs up .

I LOVE the car! Love it, love it, love it! I kept asking them if they were sure it was mine. At first I checked to see that everything was according to my specs, and then I went through the guided tour of the car. Before I left they made one tweak to the options (day lights automatically turn on when I turn on the car) and I was off on the road! The drive to work went by really fast- all 40 minutes of it. I was busy trying to keep my speed down, because this Cooper CVT just wanted to GO! I was very impressed with the performance. I also had some people smile and stare at me while stopping at lights. Very fun! Let me say, this car HUGS the road when I am making turns- I am really astounded by the handling. So I had tons of fun driving with my music blasting on the H/K stereo

I promise picture tomorrow. For those still waiting, hold in there! Its amazing how once you receive those car keys, the two month wait seems to completely vanish from your memory. True Mini-magic!

Noa

PS- OL still shows me at the distribution center, with EDD of 10/07

MAZEL TOV NOA! ;-> isn't it just the best? looking forward to some pics!

congrats - drew

Old 10-06-2004 | 02:33 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Whoooooo to the Hoooooooooo noa!! congrats! cant wait for the pics!!

-mike

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!