R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004 | 02:34 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Way to go Noa

Lois

Old 10-06-2004 | 02:48 PM
dwr1004
1st Gear
Congrats to all who have recently picked up their MINIs!! It is great to see the pictures and hear the initial reactions! I can't wait for my turn !!

My car arrived at the dealer today :smile: . They are putting on the Invisishield and R90 wheels in the next couple of days. I can't get to the dealer to pick it up for a couple of weeks though . I am afraid this is going to be the longest two weeks I have had for a while. I couldn't concentrate on work before, now knowing it is at the dealer ready and waiting, but not being able to get it is torture! Lois, you should be done with the Prozac now that Sunny arrived. Did you have any left over ?!?

Old 10-06-2004 | 03:00 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Crazy? naaa! Just from reading your description, im smiling like I took a hit of laughing gas!

OMG that is SO COOL. I cant wait... BUT NO WORD YET! Oz, seems that we are in the same situation still... my EDD is still 9/30. maybe my car was broken on the Carmen...

Old 10-06-2004 | 03:08 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Yahooo!
Just heard from my MA and the car is here! All I need now is a ride to the dealer tomorrow afternoon.
Patrick, I am convinced that you're next. And believe me, the moment you get "the call" all of the waiting and uncertainty will just evaporate.

Old 10-06-2004 | 03:40 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Thank you guys! I have the car parked right outside my work window .

Oh- and I wanted to mention, that the MA's at the dealership took pictures with THEIR camera- I didn't have mine. They told me they always take pictures of the unveiling, and then mail the costumer the best picture framed :smile:. How cool is that?

Old 10-06-2004 | 04:08 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
one more pic!

well it's going to be one week tomorrow that i have been offically mini-fied...and what a week! nearly 400 miles later i am so in love with this car it's really a little sick...lol... congrats to all who have taken delivery and know what i am talking about - especially you noa...the first night...try sleeping! lol...

and patrick - you're on deck dude - i just know it! when your ride comes in we're gonna have to have a serious celebration.

attaching my new desktop pic for y'all's approval... motor on!

- drew

Old 10-06-2004 | 05:02 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Lookin' good, drew:smile: Love that BRG Now Green Bean needs some bonnet stripes to make him look REAL mean

Lois who still hasn't stopped smiling

ps I gave all the Prozac to Noa & Patrick-since Noa doesn't need it anymore maybe she will pass it along

Old 10-06-2004 | 06:39 PM
cr8vision
1st Gear
Close by Orlando

Originally Posted by McCasper
I am awaiting my delivery as well. The dealer said that the online estimated delivery date of October 8th sounded reasonable but could be later if it had to wait for a truck down from SC. The online status finally changed to at distribution center yesterday which probably means on a truck to Orlando given the speed in which the online system updates.

On a side note, has anyone with a drop top had their windows tinted? If so, did they do the back window as well and how do you think it affects the look of the car?

Thanks
McCasper, hey since I am only in Jax and I have family in Orlando maybe we can meet for a ride once our minis arrive.

Thanks
Suzanne
05 MCS HB/HB P/S/C

Old 10-06-2004 | 07:56 PM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cr8vision
McCasper, hey since I am only in Jax and I have family in Orlando maybe we can meet for a ride once our minis arrive.

Thanks
Suzanne
05 MCS HB/HB P/S/C
Sounds like a plan.

It's kind of weird to actually be looking forward to driving around Orlando. At least I don't live by the tourist areas so I can avoid that mess and have some fun.

Old 10-06-2004 | 08:00 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My MA is off of work tomorrow so Im not expecting a call. Maybe friday.

Patrick

Old 10-06-2004 | 09:32 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
One More Teeny Tiny Review

like you need one more person to rave about the car? you know how we all feel! ; ) but i just got back from a spin through central park...midnight tonight...and nobody was there. for those of you unfamiliar with the central park "drive" - it's pure mini heaven! it cirlces the park, goes all around the city and is all twisties - lots of hills - very tight turns and a couple of genuine handle grabbing hairpins. suffice it to say i just tore up road as best i could within all margins of safety ; ) the car just wants more through every turn. i've begun to notice that tight turns i now take at 30 or 40 could probably stand to do 50 or above. while i wouldn't think this is the best idea in the world - or the safest - i can only imagine how much fun it would be! 40 mph turns without even the slightest squeak from the tires really makes me want to push it harder to find out where the limits are. for now though i am so, so happy and continue to find myself blown away at the handling and power of this incredible vehicle. i could go on and on...

happy and safe motoring to you all! - drew

Old 10-07-2004 | 07:06 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Way to go nycmini! While I know I will enjoy my MINI here in Florida, I would really like to take it back up to NY and have some fun driving through the Husdon Valley.

On a side note, I just got off the phone with my dealer and my MINI will be here tomorrow so we set an appointment to take delivery on Saturday morning.

Old 10-07-2004 | 02:29 PM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
Looks like JD finally boarded a ship and is underway to New York. Maybe another 3 weeks and the wait will be over. Any one else set sail today?

Old 10-07-2004 | 03:06 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Still no word, and no update on the owners lounge. This is exasperating.

Old 10-07-2004 | 04:19 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Our MA called, he has great news! He said my car was on a truck bound for the dealer. We'll be picking up our new car on Oct 14th!

Old 10-07-2004 | 04:45 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Yaaaay Does that mean you'll make it to our rally? Hope so

Lois

Old 10-07-2004 | 07:04 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Yaaaay Does that mean you'll make it to our rally? Hope so

Lois
We'll be there for sure! We can't stop talking about it!

Old 10-07-2004 | 07:20 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
dealer better call me tomorrow. if I dont talk to anyone by 4:30 PM, im calling and asking some questions...

Old 10-07-2004 | 08:09 PM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Was anyone else's car on the Freedom?

Old 10-07-2004 | 08:21 PM
cr8vision
1st Gear
Ludwick on the Freedom

Originally Posted by Avitor
Was anyone else's car on the Freedom?
Yes, my mini was on the Freedom. I know they arrived in Charleston on the 5th, but no update since then.

Suz
MCS HB/HB PSC

Old 10-07-2004 | 08:30 PM
topdown
1st Gear
I'm new

Hello everyone. I was wondering what is the realistic expected delivery time. I live in Orlando, ordered (3 weeks ago) a blck/blck cabrio w/ chrome in and out, upgraded sound, anthr/, etc. i was told end of Oct/beginning of Nov. however, the Miniusa website still says it's on order. I'm not sure what HIS name is going to be but i'm leaning towards "roofless" or "topless". This has been some journey, settling on a conv. I have went from the Mits spyder to the 02 t-bird, and decided on the mini w/in 2 sec. in the showroom. I have many questions for later, but is it at all like the quality of a bmw?

Old 10-07-2004 | 08:52 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Patrick- good luck! I'm thinking about ya. I know how tough and frusterating the wait is . Just hang in there! In no time at all this will be just a fuzzy mini-memory

Noa

Old 10-08-2004 | 06:35 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by topdown
Hello everyone. I was wondering what is the realistic expected delivery time. I live in Orlando, ordered (3 weeks ago) a blck/blck cabrio w/ chrome in and out, upgraded sound, anthr/, etc. i was told end of Oct/beginning of Nov. however, the Miniusa website still says it's on order. I'm not sure what HIS name is going to be but i'm leaning towards "roofless" or "topless". This has been some journey, settling on a conv. I have went from the Mits spyder to the 02 t-bird, and decided on the mini w/in 2 sec. in the showroom. I have many questions for later, but is it at all like the quality of a bmw?
My cabrio arrived at Downtown MINI yesterday and I'll pick it up Saturday. I received my production number on August 2nd and was a confirmed week 38 build. Just give ASK MINI a call to see what build week you are. The week you are given is the week that your MINI should be completed. My MINI landed in SC on October 1st with delivery to the dealer on the 7th. So just under a month from when it was built to delivery and just over 2 months from getting the production number. I'll see you motoring around Orlando :smile: .

Old 10-08-2004 | 11:03 AM
GLJones
3rd Gear
Just ask your MA to check. Mike Torre and Joyce game me an estimated arrival date and it was pretty much right on.

Don't rely on the Owner's Lounge for up-to-date info. Mine said it was on order for a couple of days after I knew it was already in production. Call 1-866-ASK-MINI and talk to a person for more accurate info, yet still not perfect.

The best tracking I had the entire wait was the WW ship lines. I tracked it onto the Liberty, then used the weather tracking ssite to watch it sail across the pond. You will loose it again at the VPC and will have to rely on the dealer to give you info from the trucking company when they pick it up to transfer it to the dealer.

Downtown Mini is great! When you get a chance, come check out Sunshineminis.org and meet some of the owners. Some of us met up in East Orlando last weekend for lunch.

Jerry
Orlando

Old 10-08-2004 | 01:14 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
Picking my MINI up at noon tomorrow!!

The wait is over. My next post will include pics.:smile:

-Aaron

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!