R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004 | 02:09 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Got it!
Picked up my car yesterday afternoon and I've been motoring ever since!
Delivery was smooth; car checked out fine. Tate MINI was nice enough to include floor mats, cupholder and a boot box.

Old 10-08-2004 | 02:22 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Got it!
Picked up my car yesterday afternoon and I've been motoring ever since!
Delivery was smooth; car checked out fine. Tate MINI was nice enough to include floor mats, cupholder and a boot box.

WAY TO GO OZBONE!

happy and safe motoring - drew

Old 10-08-2004 | 02:33 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Wow, Ozbone- looks great!!! The red/black seats look very sharp

Are ya gonna stripe her?

Old 10-08-2004 | 02:59 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Thanks.
I haven't decided on stripes yet; for the time being we'll just get acqainted.
And thanks to all who sent encouraging words just when I needed them. This has easily been the longest 8 weeks I can remember!

Old 10-08-2004 | 03:05 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Looks great!!!!! Way to go, Ozbone

Lois

Old 10-08-2004 | 03:34 PM
dwr1004
1st Gear
Ozbone, that is one sweet car! :smile: :smile: I kept waffling between the hyper blue and the red, but finally ended up with blue. Red has to be the most classic color. Love the red/black interior, too!!

Congrats on your new MINI and I am sure it will just get better after the break-in period is done !

Old 10-08-2004 | 04:19 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I called my dealer today, still no sign of my mini. Im going to send an email and ask them to check into the possibility of repairs going on with my car. If there is more than cosmetic damage, i may be looking into a Mazda 3-series...

Old 10-08-2004 | 05:47 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Patrick- I'm sorry you're waiting so long . I'm sure your car is fine.... Just have the MA call the VDC and see what the hell is keeping the car up. I'm thinking about ya!

Noa

Old 10-08-2004 | 07:49 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
I called my dealer today, still no sign of my mini. Im going to send an email and ask them to check into the possibility of repairs going on with my car. If there is more than cosmetic damage, i may be looking into a Mazda 3-series...
Patrick,
Don't give up hope. I've driven the Mazda3 & now my new MINI. No comparison. Hang in there.

Lois

Old 10-09-2004 | 08:24 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My EDD is now 10/10. too bad they arent even open on sundays! still nothing.

Old 10-09-2004 | 08:41 AM
LMC54
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
My EDD is now 10/10. too bad they arent even open on sundays! still nothing.
Hey so is mine!
Larry

Old 10-09-2004 | 04:43 PM
McCasper
1st Gear
Well, I finally picked up my S Cabrio this morning and it has been a blast. I feel like when I first got my licence and was willing to run every errand just for the opportunity to drive.

I'll post some pics in the morning, unfortunately left the camera at home for the pickup.

After driving a Honda Civic for the last 4+ years, I think I can sum up today in one word, WOW!

Old 10-09-2004 | 06:01 PM
topdown
1st Gear
At DT Mini on Saturday

Originally Posted by McCasper
My cabrio arrived at Downtown MINI yesterday and I'll pick it up Saturday. I received my production number on August 2nd and was a confirmed week 38 build. Just give ASK MINI a call to see what build week you are. The week you are given is the week that your MINI should be completed. My MINI landed in SC on October 1st with delivery to the dealer on the 7th. So just under a month from when it was built to delivery and just over 2 months from getting the production number. I'll see you motoring around Orlando :smile: .
Hello McCasper, I was at the dealer Saturday and I saw 2 cabrios, a gold one and a grey one. was one of them yours? I was told week 42. I'm looking forward to it!! whatz a MA??

Old 10-09-2004 | 06:06 PM
topdown
1st Gear
Thanks

Originally Posted by GLJones
Just ask your MA to check. Mike Torre and Joyce game me an estimated arrival date and it was pretty much right on.

Don't rely on the Owner's Lounge for up-to-date info. Mine said it was on order for a couple of days after I knew it was already in production. Call 1-866-ASK-MINI and talk to a person for more accurate info, yet still not perfect.

The best tracking I had the entire wait was the WW ship lines. I tracked it onto the Liberty, then used the weather tracking ssite to watch it sail across the pond. You will loose it again at the VPC and will have to rely on the dealer to give you info from the trucking company when they pick it up to transfer it to the dealer.

Downtown Mini is great! When you get a chance, come check out Sunshineminis.org and meet some of the owners. Some of us met up in East Orlando last weekend for lunch.

Jerry
Orlando
DT Mini's sales staff have been wonderful and remind me of my experience w/Lexus. thanks for the invite and i'm looking forward to cruisin w/ my fellow O'towners. "TopDown...And OUT!!!"

Old 10-09-2004 | 11:40 PM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Estimated Delivery Date: 10/11/2004

Originally Posted by cr8vision
Yes, my mini was on the Freedom. I know they arrived in Charleston on the 5th, but no update since then.

Suz
MCS HB/HB PSC
My EDD is listed in the Owner's Lounge as October 11. What exactly does this mean? Is that the date it will arrive at the dealer or the date it will leave the Distribution Center?

And my dealer told me last week that they'd need one or two DAYS with the car before I could pick it up! It can't take that long to fill the tank and toss the floor mats in!

Old 10-10-2004 | 06:06 AM
MPLStag
1st Gear
Brought my MINI home yeasterday. It was just like christmas when I was 10 years old. She drives amazingly and I'm going to have to watch myself or I'm going to get myself in trouble with the law.

-Aaron

Old 10-10-2004 | 06:52 AM
blucoops
Neutral
Still Waiting

Originally Posted by Avitor
My EDD is listed in the Owner's Lounge as October 11. What exactly does this mean? Is that the date it will arrive at the dealer or the date it will leave the Distribution Center?

And my dealer told me last week that they'd need one or two DAYS with the car before I could pick it up! It can't take that long to fill the tank and toss the floor mats in!
My MCSC was booked on the Carmen and arrived in New Jersey on 9/26. Original EDD in OL was 9/30/04. It briefly changed to 10/7/04 and then returned to 9/30. Still no car. Ask Mini has been no help. Recording changed on Friday from awaiting shipment to "in transit". I spoke to a customer service rep to see what in transit meant. He told me it probably meant in transit from VDC to dealership since that is where it has been. He also stated I should expect it in 1 or 2 days since I am only 6 hours from the VDC (VA). My MA has also been very little help. She claims the problem is a backup of vehicles at the VDC (3,000). Maybe this coming week is the week. Is anyone else waiting for a vehicle off of the Carmen that went to VDC in NJ.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 10-10-2004 | 06:58 AM
cr8vision
1st Gear
Edd 10/11/04

Originally Posted by Avitor

I am hoping it means that is the day it arrives at the dealer. My MA has been telling me 10/15 all along. I am like you I do not understand why it takes several days to gas and add mats. I want my MINI!!!!

Suz/Jax
05 HB/HB PSC

Old 10-10-2004 | 10:16 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by topdown
Hello McCasper, I was at the dealer Saturday and I saw 2 cabrios, a gold one and a grey one. was one of them yours? I was told week 42. I'm looking forward to it!! whatz a MA??
We picked up dark silver cabrio on Saturday be fore noon so if you were there that early, that was ours. Week 42 is not too bad. Only another month and you should be motoring around orlando with the top down as well.

A MA is a Motoring Associate or something like that.

Old 10-10-2004 | 12:01 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
It's not just put the mats in and fill the gas.

The vehicle comes with Plastic all over the inside. So all of that has to be removed. Then reinspect it mechanically and visually to ensure nothing was missed at the VDC.

And of course all the while, the mechanics have the normal service workload.

Wonder if they'd let me help put it together??

Old 10-10-2004 | 12:57 PM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Two days is two days too long

That's all well and good but It can't take longer than a half hour to unwrap it, 30-45 minutes for a good thorough walk around, and I'd prefer the "test drove" it as little as possible. All stuff that could be done while I'm on my way to pick it up, which is a 2.5-3 hour drive for me or a really long train trip. Not to mention taking time off of work is a little awkward right now and I'd like some kind of solid date to give my co-workers and boss! The first estimate the dealer gave me was six weeks from the time of the order, that would have been 5 days ago and was apparently a full load of crap.

BTW my EDD is now listed as today! (10/10/2004) Called 866-ASK-MINI and left a message asking for an explanation of the date.

Old 10-10-2004 | 04:10 PM
TBeaubien
1st Gear
Another new buyer anxiously waiting . . . .

Howdy All!

Well, add me to the countdown list. I have a 2005 MCS on order from Mini Of The Woodlands in Houston TX. If I've figured out the shorthand people use, I'd describe it as PH/PH with Cold pkg & DSC.

Rather than get the standard stripes, I've been thinking about something a bit more custom, maybe even a custom paint job.

But for now, my baby has been built and is waiting to sail across the ocean blue. My dealer says 3-5 weeks. I'll be spending the time lurking on the NAM forums and at a bunch of websites for cool wheels
:smile:

TMan

Old 10-10-2004 | 05:06 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I am still waiting for any explanation on why I have been waiting so long. Regardless of when or why, I just hope its ready by thursday, my earliest possible pickup-day. I dont care about excuses or reasons. just get it to me already

I wont have any vehicle now until this MINI is delivered... My brother is taking over the Aerio and taking that to Cleveland. I may have the '87 Caddy from time to time but thats my other brother's primary car and he often needs it. SO i will be hitching rides to and from campus with parents/friends/brothers until this car arrives. I will be missing after-hour meetings and wasting time on campus as well :( hopefully this wont be a major problem...

edit: HAA! they changed my EDD to 10/9 from 10/10. how comedic...

Old 10-11-2004 | 02:45 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
mplstag WOWZa that is a nice looking car!! congrats!

I couldnt work out the road trip so Im having Megatonamini shipped out to california, and since my sisters car will be there on the 14th im gonna wait it out and get them both shipped on the same truck. Very disapointed about the road trip but I really do need to pass these last two classes here, heheee!

So Lois if the offer still stands, and you have a spare sec, I would love some pictures!!! I am going to call tomorrow and triple check that my car is actually there. Ill let ya know! (I asked my MA to take pics, but he was like, welll i guess i could take them on my camera phone, i guess) which to me meant UGH, quit bothering me you fanatic, I cant wait to get this guy off my back. heheeee. jk Devin if you read this.lol

a little more waiting.
-mike

Old 10-11-2004 | 07:17 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
mike,

I'll see if I can get over there. Let me know.

Lois

ps Sunnie's almost broke in Put her headlight protectors on yesterday. Waxed the wheels, conditioned the leather. She'll get a good Zaino wax next weekend.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!