R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004 | 02:59 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
hola muchachos and... muchachas?

finally have a pic of my car at the dealership, and my sisters car is there and they should ship out saturday and be to us by wednesday or thursday!! finally! its been a loooooooong wait especially the last bit here!

Old 10-20-2004 | 06:26 PM
blucoops
Neutral
Originally Posted by jabrowntx
How accurate are the estimated delivery dates on the OL? My 10/24 date just showed up, but my dealership isn't open on Sunday

Here's hopin' that Saturday is the day!
Good Luck. Mine was shipped on the Carmen. Arrived 9/27. According to salesperson, it arrived at NEAT on 10/1. It has still not been shipped to the dealership. The EDD in the OL is 9/30.

Old 10-20-2004 | 07:48 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Called my MA today. Was told that 10/27 would be the day I should be able to pick up my car! I can't wait.

Old 10-21-2004 | 05:59 PM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
My MA called first thing this morning, I knew something was up. He had his off day on Wednesday. When he came in today the keys to my MINI were on his desk. I pick it up Friday at 1:00PM. It has been raining here the past couple of days my prayers will be for sunshine tomorrow. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon.

Old 10-21-2004 | 07:34 PM
donhelix
1st Gear
It Was Worth The Wait !

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
My MCS CR/W ++++ arrived here in San Diego Tuesday in a rainstorm, after a new "182 day without rain" record in San Diego...so my car first survived the hurricane and then it arrives bringing us lots of needed rain...but the sun came out today and I went for my first drive....oh my gosh! what a blast! I feel like a kid at Christmas (not bad for a 57 year old, retiring in December)...I swear my car is smiling :smile: ...just like me.

I can't say enough about the great customer service provided by Julie at Classic in Ohio, she's the best! I had her tint the windows 35% all around, and they look perfect, not too dark, not too light, just right.

Happy Motoring to all of you waiting for you Minis...

Don

Old 10-22-2004 | 09:40 AM
Popcult
1st Gear
My HB/W MCS is now at the VDC; barely a month has passed since I ordered it! How long does it take them to prep a car and ship it off to the dealer?

Old 10-22-2004 | 10:12 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Popcult -
How long it stays there can vary ... ALOT. Some in our group had their cars out and on their way to the dealers in just a couple of days. Others waited a week - and sometimes more. I'd "guess" that you could see the car in about a week so if you've got financing to arrange or a car to sell then you'd better get busy!

Old 10-22-2004 | 11:26 AM
blucoops
Neutral
Popcult - I seem to be the exception, but the car I ordered is going into the fourth week at the VDC. Maybe I will get it next week.

Old 10-22-2004 | 07:48 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
Ladies and Gentlemen, Our little E/B MCS has just been set off the Elektra at Port Hueneme, Ca. MA in Denver says two more weeks. I've been waiting since March for this guys and it was built Sept. 14th. Its been insanity for so long, checking everyday like its magically going to appear sooner. When we get it, I may cry.

Old 10-22-2004 | 08:56 PM
Popcult
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Popcult -
How long it stays there can vary ... ALOT. Some in our group had their cars out and on their way to the dealers in just a couple of days. Others waited a week - and sometimes more. I'd "guess" that you could see the car in about a week so if you've got financing to arrange or a car to sell then you'd better get busy!
My MA called this evening-my car's ready and waiting on the dealer lot. Definitely wasn't expecting it this soon. I can't even pick it up this weekend b/c I'm out of town. D'oh!

Old 10-23-2004 | 01:32 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
My car was delivered to the dealership yesterday. I went out and took a sneak preview today! Pick-up still scheduled for Wednesday unless they can get her ready by Tuesday evening.

Still waiting to be cleaned-up and have Invincishield and window tint.

Old 10-23-2004 | 01:37 PM
mlebeau
4th Gear
jabrowntx, your car looks great! HB/W looks better than I expected it to (in non-press photos that is, somehow I have managed not to see many photos of other HB/W's yet). Congrats.

-mike

Old 10-24-2004 | 06:57 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Thanks mlebeau, it looked pretty good even though it hadn't been detailed yet. You can see specks of white here and there on her, I'm guessing that is from the protective covering they put on her for the journey.

I'm really looking forward to picking her up -- hopefully it'll happen on Tuesday evening so that I can have ALL DAY Wednesday to motor!

Old 10-28-2004 | 06:25 AM
TBeaubien
1st Gear
And getting in just under the wire for October!

I will take delivery of "Preston" today this afternoon. Pictures to follow soon.

Old 10-28-2004 | 06:42 PM
TBeaubien
1st Gear
Well, the sales weenies took all afternoon, so not many pictures today, but I did get one. I'll certainly be taking more tomorrow with many friends and co-workers.

Gotta say, the Purple Haze is a really really beautiful color. In low light or at an angle, you can see that it's a blue color base with a clearcoat or something on top to give it the purple. It's really cool!!

Old 10-28-2004 | 07:36 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
I took delivery of "Stella" on Tuesday evening. Already at 260 miles in 2 days!

The Cordoba leather with the HB body color interior is awesome.

Old 10-30-2004 | 08:18 PM
The Quatsch
Neutral
Well...

I've been lurking around this thread since the first part of Sept when I ordered my Mini. I have been excieted, but not as excieted as everyone seemed to be...that is until I saw Teampajn's PH/B. Now I am chomping at the bit. I think that is funny that there are not too many Mini's in the area that I live in, however less than an hour north of me is a PH/B Mini that is almost the spitting image of mine(that is "en route" whatever that means). I am happy for everyone that has received theirs and I wait with the rest of you..my MA says just a couple more weeks...

Old 10-31-2004 | 10:13 AM
Avitor
3rd Gear
Well, it's the last day of October. I've had my car for over two weeks now. It is AWESOME. I'm still not used to the looks people give me and my car. There seem to be a lot of people around the mid-west that still haven't seen a MINI. I'm also not used to people calling it "cute." And A LOT of people call it that. It's almost a joke with my friends now for them to jibe me with "cute" comments. But, if they just don't get it that's their loss.

Old 11-07-2004 | 07:01 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Holy crap that cordoba with the electric blue is off the hook, i love that combo!!!

Well after a insane extra wait for my sisters car to come in and have them shipped out, I finally have my car, I picked it up on Tuesday in Fontana, My friend who has a 02 MC drove us to pick them up, I LooooooooOOOOOVe this car, it is everything i expected and more! I just went on my first run through San Francisco last night at 2AM it was amazing! I too have gotten the 101 cute comments already, oh well, this car is the cutest rock star that i have ever driven, well anyway check out some pics!!

http://homepage.mac.com/delano12/PhotoAlbum33.html

Old 11-08-2004 | 07:57 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
fantastic yaso!! i love the yellow. Enjoy the mini! I am at 1100 miles right now so nearly done with breakin. I have wound it up to 5000 rpm a couple times so far, but i've maintained for the most part. no major rpm wind ups. enjoy, its the best car ever.

Patrick

Old 11-08-2004 | 09:54 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Thanks Patrick! Feels like I havent talked to you guys in a million years, this definitley is the best car ever!! I cant wait to get out of the break in period, im already up to 700miles So one more trip to southern california and I can make my gas mileage even worse I too have hit just under 5k a couple of times, and i think both were, kind of sensing that i was in fourth on the freeway (actually 6th) and downshifting to 5th doing about 80 oh well, getting used to that 6th slot now hehee!

keep motoring
mike

Old 11-17-2004 | 09:14 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Okay everybody:smile: Mike made me think of our little club. How is everyone doing with their MINIs?

Sunnie has over 2000 miles on her. The weather has been so very warm here in St Louis that I have been top down practically every day for the past 2 weeks I absolutely love my MINI. It performs like a champ, gets better gas mileage than the 03 & the tranny is super compared to "Louie". I plan on putting bonnet stripes on soon & have asked Santa for a European parcel shelf. I have had absolutely no problems at all & will try to honor my 90/10 contract until the snow flies which I hope will NOT be soon

Hi to all:smile:

Lois

Old 11-18-2004 | 09:20 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Well I have had the mini just over 4 weeks (1500 miles). About 1 1/2 weeks ago he went in the shop for the addition of the JCW kit, a little chrome, the Aux connection, floor mats, Bluetooth, and a few other odds and ends. I am actually glad that I picked up the car before the JCW install because I had the opportunity to drive it both ways. I figure the JCW kit costs about 2 miles per gallon in normal driving (a lot more if you put your foot in it). But in my case that is the difference between 29 and 27 MPG. No big deal. But MAN what a diff it makes in the power. Even at low speed such as starting off, all the hesitation is gone. At ANY speed and in almost any gear there is power to spare. In fact the first time I really pushed it I was astonished at the acceleration.

The problem is the more I drive the car the more I like it. So far I have not had any of the problems I see people complaining about on the lists. Nor have I found disappointment in the accessories. While it is true that many things, like the Bluetooth kit could be more polished, as long as they work its ok with me. By far the best thing on the car is Ian Cull's auto up window mod. In my case it has made driving a lot better. I have a lot of places to roll down the window when I drive and the auto up makes taking off a lot easier.

Drive safe
Phil

Old 11-18-2004 | 09:47 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
HOLA everybody! I finally picked up my car on November 1st!! (i know i shot right past the whole october thing but shhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone) So anyway After a road trip to southern california and taking a detour to every twisty road I can find, I am already pushing 2000miles, WOW this car rocks, I have had no problems at all, just fun fun fun, I have my stripes coming in the next couple of days and I just ordered the auto up circuit, and very soon to get the icelink, which is a great excuse to get a new ipod!! I have already went on my first mini run check out the 2am san francisco thread, and am dying to go again, actually to go anywhere!! I went through a drivethrough in southern california last week and the guy poked his head out and he had this crazy look on his face, "that car is weird, what is it?" he goes back in the window and 2 sec later 3 and a fourth trying to squeeze are all squishing thier heads out the little window to look at my MINI, i just started busting up, I would have given anything to have had my camera right then, it was hilarious. I didnt think I would get that reaction since the car has been out for like 3 years now, but it was fun. ok good to catch up with everybody!

Motor
mike

Old 11-19-2004 | 06:36 PM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
I've had "Stella" since 10/27 and now have 1450+ miles on her. I've only had a couple of opportunities to "open her up" since break-in, but I was impressed (as was a co-worker today when I drove to lunch) at just how peppy these little cars are!

I'm contemplating ditching the run-flats in the spring for something a little kinder and gentler. For now, they're going to have to do.

No mods AFTER picking her up, but I did have clear-bra and tint dealer-installed. Looking seriously at Glove Box organizer and Euro Parcel shelf for more storage. I've been using the cup holders to hold my cell phones.

It's been fun going to our local MINI group events and taking pictures of MINIs and talking with the other owners. Going to a stripe party tomorrow to shoot some picts to share with the group, hopefully the weather holds out.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!