R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004 | 08:33 AM
indiman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Khodabear
Indiman wrote...

Peter, I believe there is a wait on MCS's if you didn't previously purchase a Mini from Schomp. I have friends that have waited 3 months already and still don't have a production number.

Shows you what I know!
I thought I saw MCS on the apron for sale off the lot...must have been a mirage -or more likely - lack of understanding on my part.

Peter
There is a waiting list but the dealer still orders spec Minis' so they have a few 'in stock'. They just don't have a very good selection.

Old 08-13-2004 | 08:39 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Peter,

I have cloth seats in the Miata-only problem is when it rains they get REAL wet. Many of my Miata friends have leather & basically have had no problems. Animals wear their hide in the rain:smile: Although the leather does get pretty hot if let out in the summer in 98 degree St Louis heat. I had some misgivings about ordering the Cordoba beige leather seats but they looked so sharp on the BRG spec I saw I couldn't pass them up. Plus I've read that they have improved the quality of the leather seats since the original MINIs. BTW, I'm Lois, my MINI is Louie. I'm a girl Just a baby boomer who won't grow up:smile:

Lois

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:19 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Lois- thank you :smile:. I am really jealous that you have a mini meanwhile, to get you through the wait. My Honda Civic is not much consolation . If I read correctly, your current Cooper S is CR, right? What would be your thoughts of having the red tartan cloth seats with my CR MC? I ordered leatherette, but now that I can't order a body-colored dash ( ) I am wondering if I should spice it up with the seats.

Also, am already considering accessories to go with the car (mental note- must look at red handbags..... )

TGIF!!

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:31 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Old cars... My volvo is about to die I think. it has plenty of miles on it, and my little brothers treated it like it was a brand new sports car. oh well. It still runs but im going to donate it to the kidney foundation. I will be without a car until my mini arrives. not a major problem, but once school starts, it will be more difficult. i will need to arrange rides until i have it.

I have a nice RED accessory for my PW / B mini!! its my Parking Permit for CAmpus! hot item 'round these parts...

Patrick

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:44 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Patrick- you're lucky! No parking lots at my school unless you want to pay $300 a month. I think not. So, imagine finding parking in the upper west side every.single.morning . Hopefully, my Mini will be a tad easier to park than my Civic

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:49 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
yes, blessing and a curse being here at PSU. HUGE campus (even if the parking is a mile from the classrooms...) but we are in the middle of nowhere. i really dont care for the area at this point. Living in Paris was more fun

maybe the MINI will change that, though!

Old 08-13-2004 | 11:50 AM
minispot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
good news! my friend rachel at ask-mini just called to tell me that my car is now "code 112 - Order scheduled for Production" and should be starting on august 23rd! this is one week earlier than i was previosly quoted...let's hope it sticks.
From your earlier posts, you were scheduled for Week 36, right?
That's the same week as mine. Well, I just called ask-mini, and mine is still
scheduled for week 36. Stinks.

Old 08-13-2004 | 01:03 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
merikk,

I have the cloth tartan red seats in Louie I think they are absolutely beautiful. With the CR is looks fantastic. You also get red on the door panels when you order tartan red. At least you did on the 03's You may want to configure a 04 MINI on MINIUSA. If you pick the tartan red it will show you what the interior looks like along with the red door panels. Good luck & happy weekend.

Lois

Old 08-13-2004 | 01:05 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
8/13 Update

Well, I broke down and phoned ASK-MINI myself for an up-date on my 749xxx/Week 37 "On Order" MCS and learned that it will likely move to "Scheduled for Production" next week, during Week 34. Not long after that I should receive my VIN. I was told that On Order cars usually move to Scheduled for Production status 3 weeks ahead of the specified (production) Week Number.

Old 08-13-2004 | 01:32 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
alright guys i'm on board, i'm in production now....746...something something don't wanna give it out....but ya, end the 21st....should be here mid september!!! ahhh yes i'm dying!@!!!

Old 08-13-2004 | 02:27 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Lois- Thanks for the info! I will go to the miniusa site now.... Do you have any pictures of the inside of your dear Louie?

:smile:

Merikk

Old 08-13-2004 | 04:34 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Hubby had the camera at work today so I'll take some tomorrow.

Lois

Old 08-13-2004 | 08:24 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Im gonna get all of the updates this weekend, dont worry!

Old 08-13-2004 | 09:10 PM
mlebeau
4th Gear
Hey folks, thought I should drop by and say hello. My MCS is already finished with production and on its way to Charleston. It docks August 21 however I won't see it for at least a few weeks after that, as it lands in South Carolina, then has to make its way to Ohio, and from there my dealer (Classic MINI) will have to get it shipped out to me in CA. Hopefully early to mid September - hence, I can't wait for September. Classes start up again on September 27 so my ultimate goal is to have it at the latest by Sept 20, so I can have a week to enjoy and baby it before I am inundated with work.

For the record, my production number was 74740xx, and I was a week 32 build, finished Aug 3, but took a week to get on a ship.

Nice to meet all of you and look forward to tracking all your progress.

-mike

Old 08-13-2004 | 09:25 PM
indiman
2nd Gear
Hey Mike, congrats on your Mini. You should have it in no time at all. What can you tell me about the AutoDim mirror and Universal Garage Door Opener. I ordered that for my MCS but I haven't been able to find out if the garage door buttons are on the mirror or separate. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Old 08-13-2004 | 11:44 PM
mlebeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by indiman
Hey Mike, congrats on your Mini. You should have it in no time at all. What can you tell me about the AutoDim mirror and Universal Garage Door Opener. I ordered that for my MCS but I haven't been able to find out if the garage door buttons are on the mirror or separate. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Jeff, thanks and nice to meet ya. As far as I know the auto-dimming mirror doesn't change the look of the mirror at all, just auto dims when bright lights are shone in it. As for the "UGDO", I have actually seen it in person - some 05's at my dealership had it. It's integrated into the bottom left of the mirror. Can't even really see it, it's sort of 3 square buttons labeled 1, 2, 3. It is probably Homelink technology, they are used in lots of cars. There are actually some pictures floating around on the net - you might try searching MINI2, as I know I saw a picture of it there once. Search their personal galleries for it, and you might find it. Or just search the forums for reference to it, as I know I saw it. It's one of those features that would bug the hell out of me not to have. I think you did the right thing ordering that and the dimming, they're very nice conveniences.

-mike

Old 08-14-2004 | 06:23 AM
indiman
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info Mike. I'll look on Mini2 and see what I can find.

Why Classic Mini in Ohio? No good dealers on the west coast?

Old 08-14-2004 | 10:26 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Got my Production Number! 749xxxx! :smile:

Old 08-14-2004 | 02:42 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
merikk,
Here is Louie's interior

Old 08-14-2004 | 06:25 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Lois, you are making me rethink my color choices! arrgh!

Patrick

Old 08-14-2004 | 09:15 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

I've seen a PW/B with the red interior. It's pretty striking.

Lois

Old 08-14-2004 | 09:24 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Problem is, I think I want the leatherette. I would love to have some color accents in the interior. A pepper white dash would be amazing against the dark seats and the anthracite headliner.

Im overly-obsessed with this. Its going to be great either way!

Patrick

Old 08-14-2004 | 11:26 PM
mlebeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by indiman
Why Classic Mini in Ohio? No good dealers on the west coast?
A lot of us folks on the west coast prefer to go to dealers like Classic because all the dealers around here - while generally good folks - either charge a crazy markup or have a really long wait (like a year). By going with Classic, I get outstanding service, MSRP prices, and immediate ordering. Only downside is obviously that you have to get the car to wherever you live, but that's a minor inconvenience.

-mike

Old 08-15-2004 | 11:41 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Well everyone,

I've become MINI-less (sort of). We sold the Maxima today Which means we are down to the Miata(weekend car) & my Louie. Since hubby is becoming Louie's driver & needs more room for hauling work related things, the bottom line is I'm back to driving the Miata. Now I'm not complaining, but driving the Miata is not the same as driving the MINI. 6 weeks really seems like a long time now. C'mon October

Lois

Old 08-15-2004 | 08:51 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Withdrawal

Sorry to hear about your withdrawal problem. Perhaps you could schedule a few test drives with your MA while you are waiting.

I have finally gotten started on my new MINI. I only need a few more parts and I should be on the road. So far I have 4 R90 wheels and the performance tires. Now if I just had something to attach them to.

Those who wait also serve.

Regards
Phil

Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Well everyone,

I've become MINI-less (sort of). We sold the Maxima today Which means we are down to the Miata(weekend car) & my Louie. Since hubby is becoming Louie's driver & needs more room for hauling work related things, the bottom line is I'm back to driving the Miata. Now I'm not complaining, but driving the Miata is not the same as driving the MINI. 6 weeks really seems like a long time now. C'mon October

Lois

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!