R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004 | 08:56 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CGSHawkflyer
Sorry to hear about your withdrawal problem. Perhaps you could schedule a few test drives with your MA while you are waiting.

I have finally gotten started on my new MINI. I only need a few more parts and I should be on the road. So far I have 4 R90 wheels and the performance tires. Now if I just had something to attach them to.

Those who wait also serve.

Regards
Phil

Actually, I could go out in the garage & take it for a spin whenever I want. I just like to whine

Lois

Old 08-16-2004 | 05:05 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
After some minor inconvenience, I have my order confirmation signed, the deposit check is in the mail and should be arriving there soon.

Long story short, my company hasnt been paying me all summer so I "hadda take care of a few things."!! I should have production numbers and more information very shortly.

On another note, I spent sunday traveling a bit. Down to Philadelphia to see the Phillies vs. Giants. Rather boring game, but it was incredible to see Bonds play. love him or hate him, he is an amazing ball-player and one of the best of our time. I saw about 4 minis on I-95 south as we left the stadium. very slick... I still cant get over how cool they are. I feel like a kid seeing a new toy being advertized. Got a few thumbs' up even though I was in the Aerio.

The Aerio is an interesting car. Its not nearly as much fun as the MINI, but i must say that it is a steal for its price. The car really serves its purpose as a commuter. This one has AWD and enough features to make it comfortable and all of that with a tremendous warranty and outrageously good financing. My parents bought it for use around town and to have a modern car (airbags, etc) for my younger brothers to drive to school, football... etc.

have a good night, everyone!

Patrick

Old 08-16-2004 | 05:18 PM
indiman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
After some minor inconvenience, I have my order confirmation signed, the deposit check is in the mail and should be arriving there soon.

Long story short, my company hasnt been paying me all summer so I "hadda take care of a few things."!! I should have production numbers and more information very shortly.

On another note, I spent sunday traveling a bit. Down to Philadelphia to see the Phillies vs. Giants. Rather boring game, but it was incredible to see Bonds play. love him or hate him, he is an amazing ball-player and one of the best of our time. I saw about 4 minis on I-95 south as we left the stadium. very slick... I still cant get over how cool they are. I feel like a kid seeing a new toy being advertized. Got a few thumbs' up even though I was in the Aerio.

The Aerio is an interesting car. Its not nearly as much fun as the MINI, but i must say that it is a steal for its price. The car really serves its purpose as a commuter. This one has AWD and enough features to make it comfortable and all of that with a tremendous warranty and outrageously good financing. My parents bought it for use around town and to have a modern car (airbags, etc) for my younger brothers to drive to school, football... etc.

have a good night, everyone!

Patrick

Hey Patrick... according to MiniUSA, I am week 36 now. Thanks for all the work you are putting into the spreadsheet.

Hey, why are no cars being built in week 35? I know the plant used to shut down for re-tooling during week 35, but they did that in June or July of this year, did they not?

Old 08-16-2004 | 05:21 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
actually i am scheduled for week 35 - just spoke with minik today and confirmed it again. they don't have an actual date for me yet, although two different reps have said august 23rd to me...so one more week!

Old 08-16-2004 | 07:38 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
oh wait a tic... I was just out at Starbuck(s) --I havent been there in ages, i prefer the local shop-- and I realized that I have an official order in the system, I might very well have a production number. lo and behold, i am 7493XX !!! Ok so i dont know what that means, but i will check and see if that gives me access to the owners lounge.

Patrick

Old 08-16-2004 | 09:27 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
owner's lounge is fun. I spent all night there. in addition to the great fun i had over there (ya right, monday night spent on the computer...), a name for my car stuck me like a bolt of lightning.

A friend asked me what color I decided on, and I said "black and white" (this person doesnt know about "pepper this" and "black roof that").

Anyhow, I thought --Its Black and White... as in clear. Claire???

C'est Claire. so this little play on words gave me the name for my new car: Its Claire (C'est Claire, Its clear --Claire--)

its... her name is Claire. Clear?

Old 08-17-2004 | 01:45 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Boy, this place is dead, too. Can't say I have any up date on Sunnie. Still week 37. Just a little bump, we were ready to fall off the 1st page

Lois

ps. merikk, did you see the pic of the red interior?

Old 08-17-2004 | 01:50 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
tell me about it! so quiet! now i am getting all sorts of mixed signals that my car might be starting next monday or on the 29th....it really differs when you talk to different peeps there...oh well....good problems to have!

Old 08-17-2004 | 02:07 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
yes it has been very quiet here. I feel like i've been talking to myself on these boards!

does anyone know where I can get a static-cling sticker made? I dont want anything adhesive, just some text on a transparent plastic for the inside of the boot glass, to be viewed from behind the car. can a sign shop do something like that? like this-->

Old 08-17-2004 | 02:11 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Maybe Kinko's??? My son's a graphic designer, I'll ask him. I love your MINI's name:smile:

nycmini,
Are you inclined to name your MINI? Maybe you have & I missed it. Perhaps a nice rock star's name

Lois

Old 08-17-2004 | 03:52 PM
Khodabear
3rd Gear
I'll take any small reinforcement that I can get!

[/QUOTE]

Wow -just seeing my Username on the sheet is exciting! It's Khoda BEAR though, not Khodabeer. Khoda was our beloved Great Pyrennes male who died a year ago last week at the age of 10. We called him Khodabear. We have a new boy Teddy who's almost as large at 1 year old. Can't wait to post a pic of him in the passenger seat!
Anyway...our car is a MCS Cabrio. Still waiting for the call that the dealer is inputing orders so we can finalize it. They have $5000 of my money so I'd say this is a solid deal :~)

The Lounge...From where I stand I can barely see the lounge! This is like being stuck in a video game! Have to round up all the loose ends before I can progress to the next level!

Soon though...and then......

Peter in Denver

Old 08-17-2004 | 03:52 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Well, I've got an order #, 7482XXX. No schedule yet, but I was told end of October.

Old 08-17-2004 | 03:59 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
i'm an eb/w mcs ... production finishes august 21st...just for the graph thingy :smile:

Old 08-17-2004 | 04:21 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
OK, small freak out mode here.... I just called Mini and they told me I've been confirmed for week 36. So, I ask when I will be going into status 112, and the rep. told me that I already am. Now, I've been debating some changes, but had been waiting for my MA to come back from vacation. Now the rep tells me that:
1. I may not be able to make any changes and..
2. If I am able to make changes, my production week may be pushed

Why didn't anyone tell me this?????? So I frantically called the dealership, talked to the manager, and he made the following changes: I dropped the sports package, and added sport seats, DSC, MFCW, onboard computer and exterior crome package. This way I am able to get my desired options from the sports/premium packages, without blowing my budget. As much as the fog lights and 16'' wheels and spoiler are cute, I prefer the MFCW etc.

I'm happy that they were able to make the changes I wanted, but now I have to wait and see if the production date will change . Also, I am second guessing myself a bit- will I regret not getting the bigger wheels, etc . Arrrgggg! This process is nerve wrecking!!!!!!!

merikk

PS- Lois- I did see the picture- (thank you so much!!!!) I decided to stick with the leatherette anyways. But it sure looks awesome! Now I understand why you're getting another mini.....

Old 08-17-2004 | 05:50 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Old 08-17-2004 | 06:17 PM
LOVEDOC
1st Gear
Please add me to the list

HI FOLKS,
Please add me to the list! Build week 35. #7474xxx 05 CR/W MCS Most every option. Thankyou!!!!

Old 08-17-2004 | 10:32 PM
dwr1004
1st Gear
Finally got my production number today - 7482XXX.

Are you guys getting the week from your MA or calling MINIUSA?

Mike - I also live on the west coast and am going to have to ship the car from back east once it comes in. Have you decided on who you are going to use to ship it?

Dale

Old 08-17-2004 | 10:48 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dwr1004
Finally got my production number today - 7482XXX.

Are you guys getting the week from your MA or calling MINIUSA?

Mike - I also live on the west coast and am going to have to ship the car from back east once it comes in. Have you decided on who you are going to use to ship it?

Dale
From MINIUSA. Haven't heard from my MA since he gave me my production #

Lois

Old 08-18-2004 | 07:53 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
So I had a dream last night that I should get the heated seats for my Cabrio I called MINIUSA & was told that "the window is closed". Guess my buns will just have to be chilly At least, it's a good sign that the production week is locked in.

Lois

Old 08-18-2004 | 07:55 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
ok - knock my production week back to an august 30 start. it has changed from august 23rd. ugh.

Old 08-18-2004 | 08:27 AM
minispot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
ok - knock my production week back to an august 30 start. it has changed from august 23rd. ugh.
sorry to hear that.
Just checking, is Aug 23 build week 35?
I just called ask mini again, i'm still schedule for Week 36 build.
Guess that means a Sept 6 production start date. :(

...still twiddling thumbs.

------------------------
2005 MC CR/W

Old 08-18-2004 | 08:33 AM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Yahoo! I called MINI today and they gave me a week 38 production. I sure hope it's built in the middle of the week! hehe Week 35 is indeed Aug 23rd.

Old 08-18-2004 | 08:34 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minispot
sorry to hear that.
Just checking, is Aug 23 build week 35?
I just called ask mini again, i'm still schedule for Week 36 build.
Guess that means a Sept 6 production start date. :(

...still twiddling thumbs.

------------------------
2005 MC CR/W

actually week 36 is also an august 30 start date - so you and i are in the same run...cool!

Old 08-18-2004 | 08:45 AM
minispot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
actually week 36 is also an august 30 start date - so you and i are in the same run...cool!
woohoo!!! You sped up my production by a week!
I was expecting a Sept 6, now it's Aug 30!!!

Same week, same dealership, must be same boat.
Go mini go!

Old 08-18-2004 | 08:51 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
still waiting for more info on claire...

maybe i should call MINI USA. I dont even know if my MA processed my deposit check yet. that probably has to happen before i get a production date.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!