R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004 | 12:05 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

I decided it was time to start a "Can't wait for Fall" thread. As many of you know, I've been through this before with Louie my 2003 CR/B MC. So in a way I'm an "old pro":smile: I ordered my BRG/B Cabrio with cordoba beige leather seats the end of July. And much to my surprise "Sunnie" is scheduled to be out of production by the end of August with delivery by late Sept or early October So if anyone wants to join me for the waiting game just hop on board.

Lois

Last edited by StLouieLo; 08-03-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2004 | 12:08 PM
wmba
3rd Gear
Don't you mean 2004?

Old 08-03-2004 | 12:14 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wmba
Don't you mean 2004?
Thanks

Lois

Old 08-04-2004 | 05:58 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
:smile: I corrected the year, Lois, to 2004. Easy to make that boo-boo. Anyone else needing help with their threads, just PM me.

Clo/Wanda

Old 08-04-2004 | 06:25 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Thank you Clo but I guess no one is waiting for a MINI this fall

Lois

Old 08-05-2004 | 09:31 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Hi Lois, long time no speak.

I was just up in St Louis this last friday getting a new motor for my drivers window motor that was not sure it wanted open or not at various times. I would love to order my wife a cabrio, but while she likes the MINI she wants her eventual convertible to be something like a Boxter or a Lexus SC430. She is too prissy to be a full time MINI driver. So since she wants to buy an expensive car, it is going to be a long time til she gets it. If she wanted a MINI we could be iin your can't wait for October mode, because I would buy her one asap.

jc

Old 08-05-2004 | 09:57 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I have yet to actually order, but my dealer informs me that I will be an october delivery. I will be ordering in a week or so.

Its going to be a Cooper S dressed in Pepper White with a black hat. DSC, Cruise, and Fogs are the only options that REALLY interest me. The other ones just want to waste my money it seems... Im thinking Leatherette, Alloy dash, and Anthracite headliner if its still available at that point. If not, im not too worried.

I have test driven the Cooper, but not the S. When I drove the Cooper, I loved absolutely everyting about it but I was somewhat disappointed at the lack of response as I floored it up a rather steep hill. So thats why I want the S. I will test drive one soon though...

Its hard to believe that Im actually going to be able to do this. Im just a student and this is my first new car. I didnt imagine that I would be responsible enough to set aside what I would need to make it possible, but I did and now Im about to place an order for my dream car!

Looking forward to looking forward to my car with you guys!

oh ya... im still debating stripes :( No for the time being but that may change...

Patrick

Old 08-05-2004 | 10:02 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
I say wait on the stripes. They are easy to install as long as you have some patience, and they are a heck of alot cheaper .

I am going to be ordering in the next day or so my MCS. I'm trading in my 04 MC for more powah!

Old 08-05-2004 | 10:06 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I am going to be ordering in the next day or so my MCS. I'm trading in my 04 MC for more powah!
Have you driven the 05? is it that much of a difference?

Old 08-05-2004 | 10:11 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
No, haven't driven one yet, but 168HP is gonna feel alot better than 115HP. My 04 has been very good to me, however I just have to upgrade now that I have a taste for it.

I did sit in a few 05s, though. Quite a few small changes.

Old 08-05-2004 | 06:41 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Welcome Patrick & iamwiz82,

Your car sounds great,Patrick. I waited a long time to put bonnet stripes on my 03 CR/B MC but I finally did & they look great. I bought the stripes from a sign company, the guy knew exactly what I wanted. They cost me $6 a piece. They look just as good as the factory ones & he even showed me how to put them on. It was fairly easy. I'm thinking a brushed gold for the Cabrio. A friend of mine put gold on his BRG MCS & they look super.

Hi jc
Long time no talk. You should try to make it up for the Winery run in a couple weeks. Too bad your wife doesn't like MINIs

iamwiz82,
What color are you ordering?

Lois

Old 08-05-2004 | 07:04 PM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
There's a new sheriff coming to town . . .

The Sheriff is scheduled for production on August 17, with a mid September delivery according to my dealer.

We may need to send over the ghost of Henry Ford to get that dang Cabrio assembly line rolling.

Ayyyy-Yiiiiii,
Miguel

Old 08-05-2004 | 07:22 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
It's looking like they've cranked up the Cabrio production line for USA spec'd MINIs. I was originally told a September production but now I'm being told week 37 which I think is the last week of August.

Miguel,
Where did you order your Cabrio? Maybe Texas? The Sheriff? Mine is a southern belle from Memphis.

Lois

Old 08-06-2004 | 04:51 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
iamwiz82,
What color are you ordering?

Lois
EB/W

That was the color I lusted over when I first bought my MC, and now I can have it.

EDIT: Well, I ordered it! Now its time to hurry up and wait.

Last edited by iamwiz82; 08-06-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2004 | 09:47 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
count me in as well!

748XXX production number/week 36 build according to ask-mini. starting production (unofficially) on august 29 and to be completed by september 3. delivery by beginning of october. purchased from mini of manhattan.

- dl

2005 MC - BRG/W - CVT - PREMIUM - SPORT - NAV - LEATHER - AERO FRONT END AND SPOILER - DRIVING LIGHTS - AUX GAUGES - H/K

Old 08-06-2004 | 11:46 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
NYCMini,

looks like a great spec. Just curious, but why did you go with the CVT? I've never driven the CVT myself, but I hear its a good option. THis will be my first car with manual transmission.

P

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:40 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
i've been driving an explorer for the last 12 years...and i live in new york city...so those two things combined didn't exactly push me towards getting back into a stick again. plus i tested the cvt and the steptronic mode is really fun! i was very surprised at how amazing it really is...and in city traffic its going to make life much easier!

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:48 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I take it you have a Garage? I can understand for sure that if most of your driving is in new york that you dont want to shift your own gears all of the time.

WHen i was telling my dad that my car would have 6 forward gears, he didnt believe me at first. He hasnt driven manual in years so he thought that 5 forward gears was a lot. thats maybe what im looking forward to most for now, the shifting!

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:53 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
garage? hell yeah! ; )

Old 08-06-2004 | 12:57 PM
string
4th Gear
Lois,

MsBrit has a cabrio on order too -- she's selling her MCS if anyone's interested. Give her a PM.

Maybe you'll see her join this thread soon!

string

Old 08-06-2004 | 01:02 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
First time poster!!

I've been lurking in these boards for the past week, ever since putting in my order for a brand spankin' new Mini . I've been looking for a new car for a while now, as my '95 Honda Civic EX (manual) has been constantly causing problems. Plus, it doesn't have AC . Who the hell designs a car with automatic sunroof, windows and locks, but does not have standard AC??? I bought the car second during December (in NJ) so it didn't even occur to me to check for AC . Well, I learned from that mistake.

I digress..... So that was my first ever car, and now I am finally ready for a new one. I've had my eye on the Mini Cooper for a while, and last weekend I decided to test drive one. Two hours after entering the dealership, I slapped down the $500 deposit . I test drove the Cooper and the Cooper S, and decided to go for the Cooper CVT for sevaral reasons. First, the Cooper is cheaper and has better gas mileage. Second, I drive across the George Washington bridge every single day for college, so manual gets reallllllly old when you're in stop-and-go traffic for at least an hour every morning. Blech. I love my stick shift, but not that much. So CVT it is!

I am still debating the color. I chose CR/W and am still debating if to get a black roof or not. I also chose the winter package, DSC, H/K stereo, sport seat, leatherette, cruise control, auto-dim lights & sensor wipers and onboard computer. Hmmm, thats it, I think.

I am showing "on-order" on the Mini website, with no scheduled production date . I ordered on July 31st and CAN.NOT.WAIT until October. Till then, I shall be sweltering in my boring Civic daily

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!!!!!!!

Last edited by merikk; 08-06-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2004 | 01:51 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Looks like I'll have to start on a list for all of us. As we get closer, we'll get more info. I do know that if you call 1-866-ASK-MINI & speak to a REAL person you will get more accurate info than what the OL or the automated line gives you. Also when our MINIs start their journey across the sea, we'll be able to track them on the Wallenius internet site. We'll pray for good weather since they'll be coming across during hurricane season The journey usually takes about 10 days to the NJ Port & then 2 more days to the SC Port. Those of you on the West Coast will have to get your MINIs thru the Panama Canal. There's even a web site to watch the ships go through the Canal And then after that the dreaded VPC, where our MINIs will get their physicals-they can be there anywhere from 1-2 days up to weeks Sometimes they get injured during their voyage across the great pond. They are then shipped in closed transporters to the dealers & then they are ours

Lois

Old 08-06-2004 | 02:05 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
sounds great - let's get the list rolling!

Old 08-06-2004 | 02:07 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
sounds great - let's get the list rolling!
After I go to Strassenfest tonight unless I have one too many brats or Budweisers

Lois

Old 08-06-2004 | 05:15 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ok I got bored sitting around doing nothing on a friday night so i started the list (dont be mad, Lois!). Can't wait to add to the group--and to place my order!!

Patrick

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LouiefromStLou.......BRG/B Cabrio.......#####.......On Order
AppleCello..............PW/B MCS...........#####.......Waiting to Order
newyorkcitymini......BRG/W MC...........748XXX.......On Order Week 36
merikk..................CR/? MC..............#####.......On Order

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!