R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 New Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Sacman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A history: I ordered in Late Spetember with my big honking $1,000 earnest money for an expected Late January delivery of my MCS. When I got my order number in mid October I checked the Owner's Lounge and found that I was scheduled for a week ending 11/15 production date. As of 11/8 I still had only an order number and no dealer options listed.
On Monday 11/11 I checked again and I had a VIN number and options. What an absolute relief to see some movement.
I checked every day last week for an update and there was no change.
This morning I was Upgaded to Awaiting Transport. I was sooooo excited thinking that everything is on track for my expected Late January delivery. I emailed my Motoring Advisor and asked if he knew when I could expect to be ocean bound. He is checking now. He says that from POSC (I assumed this is the the Port of South Carolina) to me is about 1.5 weeks.

Then I find this site and see that a lot of you are expecting December deliveries of 11/15 cars. I live in Tennesee and as such am very close to the land fall port of these things. So I am now getting shaky all over thinking I might actually take delivery before Christmas. Maybe my guy in Nashville was being a wee bit conservative.

I am glad I found this site and I believe I will call myslef a December expectant from now on instead of January. hmmmmmmmm

Old 11-20-2002, 11:59 AM
2minis
6th Gear
That is very good news for you!!! :smile:

Old 11-20-2002, 12:02 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Welcome!!! This site is definitely a great way to pass the time during your wait....and after, too (I got my MINI in August and I am still addicted to MCO!)

Old 11-20-2002, 12:07 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Sacman!

Welcome to MCO, home of all things MINIacal! Great news for you...early delivery!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 11-20-2002, 04:27 PM
gerbs
3rd Gear
welcome to MCO Sacman!

im glad to hear your mini is coming soon! mine's coming.. but not necessarily soon )

see ya around