R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

EP mode will be th death of my mini lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 04:49 PM
RegF
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EP mode will be th death of my mini lol

Help !!! 😂😂😂

I am hoping someone has good advice am at the end of my rope...

2006 R50 cvt

Car was running perfect

Went in for an oil change and belt

The next morning it was in EP mode with error P1741 -clutch solenoid open

Installed a new battery

I took it to someone who works on cvt transmissions, he changed the oil and clutch solenoid and said the transmission looked new inside. Cleared the codes and started it in XP mode... as soon as I shift into R N or D it goes back into EP mode...

Scanned again and I now have P1741 and P1611 transmission communication error, I disconnected and cleaned every electrical connector possible, also took apart the shifter and checked the shift module, looks find with no burn Mark's

Replaced the TCM today (located above the brake pedal) , started it and cleared the codes, stats in XP mode until I shift then EP mode Immediately. I removed the fuse box and checked every harness for a card wire... checked every ground cable...

I honestly have no idea what to try next I also removed the spped sensor and inspected it but assuming it's ok because my speedo works …...

When I clear the codes I have no lights in the dash if I start and leave it in XP it's ok as soon as I shift it goes to EM and engine lights comes on

Assuming it's still a tranmission communications error if I unplug the ecm and start it it is the same.....

considering ordering a ECM (body module) as it seems the transmission harness runs to the ECM and then to the TCM, if it shows P1611, no communication could it be in the ECM?

Can someone give me some good advice here? It's my first mini and may soon be my last...… am ready to offer cash rewards for the right info at this point LOL

😭😭😭