R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Yippeee

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Wiggles
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yippeee

Whoo hoo!!!

Wiggles got a production number today!!!!!!!
No build date yet but a prod. number just makes it that more exciting and real!!! Whee hee!!!

I know, I know .

Old 12-09-2004, 02:21 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Wiggles,

That's the first step

then you get a build date

then a delivery date

THEN

Earl

Old 12-09-2004, 05:37 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrads!
You're that much closer to being a MINI driver.
BUT........
You're that much closer to being fitted for a straight jacked due to going insane just waiting for your new MINI to arrive. Hope the wait isn't too cruel or mind-altering. Hang in there.
Cheers,

Old 12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
pcnorton
5th Gear
You didn't read about the labor strike????

Just kidding. This is the longest time. Some people are getting pics of their cars being made. DO you know if you'll be one?

Paul

Old 12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Wiggles
4th Gear
We aren't far enough along to know about pics yet.
We have heard that everyone can get the pics if they know where to go to get them. (Once you have all numbers). Who knows.
Your reply did its job and scared the crap out of me. Geez. Funny though.
I am very excited and my kids at work (7th grade teacher) are excited too. They keep asking about it, and I keep saying February or March ( no short term memory in 7th grade, too many hormones).

Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 PM
oldhippie
2nd Gear
Location: Cowan, Tennessee (Foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains)
Originally Posted by Wiggles
They keep asking about it, and I keep saying February or March ( no short term memory in 7th grade, too many hormones).
Boy I sure am glad to find out why my memory is fading!! I thought that A.G.E. was catching up and now I find out it's just too many harmones!!!!!

Thank goodness!!!!

Congrats on getting your production number.Mine was at the dealer 5 weeks and 2 days after the order was placed!!!!! Hope yours gets here real soon!!!

Old 12-09-2004, 10:44 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Good luck with the wait. I know it almost killed me. Just remember to be patient although I don't think it's possible.

actually I'm technically still waiting. Only got 500 miles on the clock so need 700 more before i can REALLY drive. I'm getting real tired of this under 4500 and under 95 mph garbage.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:08 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
We aren't far enough along to know about pics yet.
We have heard that everyone can get the pics if they know where to go to get them. (Once you have all numbers). Who knows.
The pictures/video of your car being manufactured is currently only a "test" feature, and as such, was only available to 555 MINIs worldwide. My PW/B MCS was manufactured on November 9th and it was one of the lucky ones to have this really cool feature show up in the Owner's Lounge (OL). I assume that only those cars produced in the month of November were the ones used as the test subjects (I'm not exactly sure how many MINI cars are built each month, but I'd say that 555 sounds about right - If it's not, then maybe they make 555 per day and only those built on the 9th were used). We don't know if MINI will continue to offer the feature, but I would think so if all of the feedback they get from the 555 test subject folks is positive (I know that I sure gave it a great big thumbs up ).

I also have a MCS on order as an early January build, and so I'm sure hoping that MINI adds in the feature permanently as I'd love to see a video of that car being made as well. The only thing I think that it really needs are some photos/video of the interior of the car as well.

Basically, what happens is that when you first sign into the Owner's Lounge (after your car has completed production of course), a popup window appears asking you if you'd like to see a video of your MINI being built in Oxford (or if you have a popup blocker and don't see the popup, then there is also a "See Videos Of Your MINI Being Built In Oxford" link on the main OL start page that you can click on). From there, you get a new browser window that shows you your car and provides a link to view the video or download a wallpaper graphic of your car. You can see the whole thing here in some screen shots I captured of my car:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost....45&postcount=9

Old 12-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Wiggles
4th Gear
Hey Office Maven,

Mini website says they make 3500 minis per week.
So you really were lucky to get in on the trial pic/video thing. I'm jealous. Oh well maybe they will make it available for all.
I checked out your screen shots all i can say is AWESOME
Wiggles

Old 12-11-2004, 03:19 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Hey Office Maven,

Mini website says they make 3500 minis per week.
So you really were lucky to get in on the trial pic/video thing. I'm jealous. Oh well maybe they will make it available for all.
I checked out your screen shots all i can say is AWESOME
Wiggles
Wow! I had no idea that they made that many cars in a week. So I guess that only those cars made on November 9th were indeed the test subjects (since that works out to be right around 500 cars made on that one day). If the plant is making cars 24 hours a day, then that means that they are making over twenty MINIs each hour!

Thus, I guess that I was indeed extremely lucky to have had my car be included in the test (and so were you since I was able to take all of the cool screen shots for everyone else to see ). It's such a great feature that I too hope they make it available for everyone else to see. I have another MCS on order (due to be built in the 1st week of January 2005) and I'd absolutely LOVE to see a video of that one being built as well.