R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 passenger seat pressure mat occupancy sensor connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Matthew Lucas
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passenger seat pressure mat occupancy sensor connectors

Well, I just bought my first Mini (2005 MCS) and am in the process of working out the kinks.
I have the airbag / seatbelt light issue common with a failed passenger seat pressure mat occupancy sensor.
I purchased a bypass emulator (Cygnetic) and was hoping to just pop it in and reset everything, but stupid me did not check everything out first.
It looks like a previous owner had swapped out seats and I am now trying to find a pin out for the pressure mat harness in the car.
The seats in the car have 3 connectors, blue, yellow, and black (airbag, seat belt, ???)
The harness from the car has 5 connectors, blue, yellow, black 1 (heated seats) , black 2 (???), and black 3 (???)
Unfortunately, none of the 3 black connectors from the car harness fit into anything on the seat.
I plan on just cutting off the stock black connectors and putting new ones on if I can ever figure out what all the extra connectors are for and the correct pin outs.
I assume that one of the extra black connectors from the car is for the occupancy sensor, but none of them match up to the emulator connector
The emulator connector seems to match every picture I can find of what type of connector should be coming from the car, but I cannot find any picture or pin out of the type of connector that I actually have
If this information is in another thread, will someone please point me in the right direction.
No amount of searching has turned up what I need

The 3 connectors attached to the bottom of the passenger seat

The 5 connectors coming from the car harness

The black connector from the seat that will not plug into any of the car side connectors
(4 wires, pin 1 brown, pin 2 gray, pin 3 black, pin 4 red)
I am assuming this is the pressure mat sensor connector
They are thin gauge wires and probably not seat heater connections

The 3 black connectors from the main harness that do not fit any connector on the seat

Pretty sure this is the heated seat connector
(looks like swapped seats do not have seat heaters)

I think this is the pressure mat connector from the car side, but it does not match the connector shape of anything I can find online, nor does it match the connector from the R53 seat mat emulator
(3 wires/4 pins, pin 1 white/red traser, pin 2 purple/blue traser, pin 3 brown/black traser, pin 4 no wire)
I think this is the one that I want to connect the emulator to, but would really like to understand what it is before I cut and reconnect

2 pin connector from car harness, not sure what this is
2 wires, pin 1 blue/yellow traser, pin 2 brown/black traser

emulator connector that will not fit any of the car harness connectors
3 wires/4 pins, pin 1 white, pin 2 red, pin 3 brown, pin 4 no connection

If anyone has any thoughts and can offer help, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am ready to start cutting connectors off and putting new ones on
I have a Creator C310 scan tool ready to clear codes

Thanks
Matt