R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Realizing rear wiper is useless in california and a look at the R56 trailing arm conv

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021 | 01:09 AM
J.M.Sutherland
|
1st Gear
Realizing rear wiper is useless in california and a look at the R56 trailing arm conv

after deleteing my rear wiper I rerouted the washer line from under the hood on the passenger side (usa) .... its the one that loops back towards the fluid chamber.... I added a length of the only tubing i had (water line for refridgerator) same relative size , I coupled it and routed it up the hood hinge along the wiring and across the hood undwer the insulation and cut a hole just over the left side of INTERCOOLER and pulled about 4 inches over it and cut several very small holes on the underside of tubing pointing down at intercooler and melted the end flat so it sprays a flat fanned spray out the end and out across the rest of the intercooler , (i pushed the tubing thru the foam of the air diverter and have modified the air diverter to contain and rourte the air better as I have a 60mm core fin and tube type intercooler with a K&N CAI and One ball Mod.... SC screammsssss after 3.5 in hard accelleration and now I can blast it with cool water just before i plan to kick the motor down to accelerate hard. 15% reduction pulley, new crank pully, new tensioner with alta tensioner stop , new belt and cooler plugs are on the bench and getting installed soon, so any heat soak I may or may not expereince can be quelled with water cooling the Intercooler before , during or after kicking it down or extended acceleration is very cool.
Also recently did the r56 trailing arm conversion and 19mm sway bar upgrade with adj end links from godspeed. the ONE ball Mod is visible or the space where the muffler should be...lol

r56 trailing arm conversion on my r53 MCS , one of the various mods and improvments