R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 S front bumper cover.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 09:23 AM
DFTR
3rd Gear
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
S front bumper cover.

@ECS Tuning Can you give us a hand here please? I need a front bumper

cover for my 2006 R52S JCW. Its is a standard R53S cover with the four light holes. Cool Blue if that matters. Almag has zero. NAM market has zero, Facebook market parts cars have zero. Pelican can get one but its a month out... maybe.. more.... coming from Europe. Looking at your site you have the aero bumpers and that seems to be all that's available in N America at this time. It will have to do. Problem is I'm not very bright you see and the listings don't make much sense with all the added stuff notes. Not sure if your referring to paint or parts. I just don't want to order the wrong stuff and miss the Dragon meet. I get the bit about the side markers and assume that I can just cut a hole with my panel saw and that's it right? I want the markers.
Would you be so kind as to put together the parts list I need to replace my front bumper cover from your store? Ill order it today. OH and PS: Thank you so much for having the frame rail repair parts. You saved my life with that! I can post a photos if needed.
@NAM if anyone has any other ideas or sources for a standard S cover please speak up. Color don't matter, I can paint.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:36 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
We just have new and not painted. Just primed.

R53 MINI Cooper S Stock bumper: In stock in the MINI depot we buy from.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51111177877/

Hood: that comes primed and will need painted. Its large to ship. In stock at MINI depot in USA, comes primed and ready to paint.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2006-...h/41617067754/

Here is a list of the other parts, copy and paste into our site the 11 digit number.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...02#51111177877

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
The following users liked this post:
ghostwrench (03-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 11:16 AM
DFTR
3rd Gear
Perrfecto!
Thanks so much.
Dear Alice will be back to her old nasty self in no time! Alice has "muchness".....

Old 03-15-2022, 12:18 PM
DFTR
3rd Gear
All ordered, thanks again

Old 03-15-2022, 10:31 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 316 Likes on 231 Posts
ECS... For applications like this... where he's going from the factory bumper to the accessory "Aero" bumper...

Question: Do you have a list of all hardware and all trim needed to mount the Aero bumper when going from the Standard bumper
you sell.

Have you come up with a solution to mount the front marker lights in this bumper??

DFTR (03-16-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 04:38 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
The hard part with the reproduction aero bumper is finding the grills. They are all NLA. Would be nice if Bremmen would start making those (all 3) to go with these bumpers.

The lower mounting brackets are also NLA, but I understand you can install without them.

As far as side markers, I’m aware there is a solution coming very soon

Old 03-16-2022, 02:07 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Yep, some are nla and we tired to work with suppliers more to find these.

On the grilles the same people that make that bumper said they are not producing them and due to the lower demand and age of the car they are not making them at this time.

Those are nla on the lowers and our producers have been informed but it takes time. MINIs are on their list but they make for other larger makes first as a tier one supplier.

He is going with the stock bumper not the aero kit. I linked the stock parts in this page.

If you go aero you will needs this info: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-question.html

Page #7 shows the mod for the for lights.

Side markers will be deleted as that aero bumper we have if from the Euro bumper mold. Unless you mod it.

Hardware for front bumper: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51112311959/

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-16-2022, 05:31 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
I see that many people have run the "aero grille" in their "S" bumpers... Is the converse of that, S Mid in aero bumper also possible?

So...
The bumper 'shell' is available as a repo... but many of the bits are not??

I would assume that many people looking at this aftermarket bumper-shell are thinking they could buy/paint/intall the this bumper to upgrade the look of their car... but this seems to be more of a "repair part" for those that already have "Aero" front bumpers and need to replace a damaged part.

Seems the marketing team from Bremmen missed the mark if thats the case. (plus no repro "Aero" skirts)

Are there any aftermarket solutions for the NLA bits below??
#5 is NLA?
#26 is NLA?
#12 is NLA?

#21 is a vinyl decal set?

NUMBER 5

VS the MCS lower grille part

I prefer the slatted grilles anyway, like those used on the Gen1 Justa's, MCS's and GP1's (different bumper shell, I know)

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-16-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:08 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
This GP "Aero" bumper (which WAS actually a factory installed part).... seems pretty nice as well... eliminates the need for the mid grille as well... though it would be nice to fill in the EURO license plate part 'slot'

ECS has a good price on the entire factory-MINI kit.... Does it indeed include ALL parts needed to convert an MCS to the GP1 front bumper?
Is it possible to incoroprate fog-lights into a GP1 bumper??

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...51117182621kt/

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...w-aero-10.html

ECSTuning (03-17-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 06:39 PM
DFTR
3rd Gear
First, thank you to ECS for linking the stock S bumper which enabled me to move fwd with repair. I AM HAPPY. Picked up the blue hood from almag.
Second: I feel a bit vindicated in that I may not be completely stupid in that I could not figure out exactly, piece for piece how to make the aero bumper work.
Had it been a caveman can do it two dig IQ click on link for conversion kit I would have gone that direction.
Your short bus riding, helmet wearing brother in arms, DFTR

Down For The Ride

The following 2 users liked this post by DFTR:
ECSTuning (03-17-2022), mountainhorse (03-17-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 09:36 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 506 Likes on 418 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
This GP "Aero" bumper (which WAS actually a factory installed part).... seems pretty nice as well... eliminates the need for the mid grille as well... though it would be nice to fill in the EURO license plate part 'slot'

ECS has a good price on the entire factory-MINI kit.... Does it indeed include ALL parts needed to convert an MCS to the GP1 front bumper?

Some might not agree with this, but the GP bumper and side skirts look good on this particular car due to jacktown’s creative eye and attention to detail. Painting the black “trim” pieces on both make them look like original parts designed for the car rather than aftermarket like on the GP.

mountainhorse (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 09:52 AM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RB-MINI
Some might not agree with this, but the GP bumper and side skirts look good on this particular car due to jacktown’s creative eye and attention to detail. Painting the black “trim” pieces on both make them look like original parts designed for the car rather than aftermarket like on the GP.
Nicks car is all about details.... one of the nicest I've seen.... In the end, that GP1 front bumper might be the best looking and still NOT NLA "Aero" for this car... a semi-flexible urethane part that will hold up better than any of the GRP aftermarket bumpers.

The factory installed bumpers on these cars is probably still the best looking design for the Gen1's... very 'integrated'... the 'aftermarket' JCWG aero parts were more of an cool afterthought IMO.

Originally Posted by DFTR
.... Second: I feel a bit vindicated in that I may not be completely stupid in that I could not figure out exactly, piece for piece how to make the aero bumper work.
Had it been a caveman can do it two dig IQ click on link for conversion kit I would have gone that direction.
Yea, that is kind of a big deal... and the main 'rub' in an 'aero' bumper conversion... the grilles are NLA, the brackets are NLA and you have to get creative to install the marker lights in the Bremmen 'aero' shell... plus, even if you like the slatted grilles (I do), finding good used lower and middle grilles and fabbing up bracketry is a challenge at best.... and most of the used grilles are beat-up/weathered.

Though it is a bit pricey, that GP1 front bumper kit is still a good deal.... I'm sure that will be NLA soon too !!

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-17-2022 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:18 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor

I have seen people modd those for functional brake ducts and cutting the back out to duct them to the brakes. But noting for the fog lights, most of the time you just loose them or go with some PIAA aftermarkets.

We have something in the works for those NLA grilles but its not the oem parts. It will be an upgrade,; )

Old 03-17-2022, 10:33 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
I see that many people have run the "aero grille" in their "S" bumpers... Is the converse of that, S Mid in aero bumper also possible?

So...
The bumper 'shell' is available as a repo... but many of the bits are not??

I would assume that many people looking at this aftermarket bumper-shell are thinking they could buy/paint/intall the this bumper to upgrade the look of their car... but this seems to be more of a "repair part" for those that already have "Aero" front bumpers and need to replace a damaged part.

Seems the marketing team from Bremmen missed the mark if thats the case. (plus no repro "Aero" skirts)

Are there any aftermarket solutions for the NLA bits below??
#5 is NLA?
#26 is NLA?
#12 is NLA?

#21 is a vinyl decal set?

NUMBER 5

VS the MCS lower grille part

I prefer the slatted grilles anyway, like those used on the Gen1 Justa's, MCS's and GP1's (different bumper shell, I know)

Hello,

We have that aero bumper. No grille or lower grille, we talked to the factory that makes the bumper and they said they have no plans to make the grilles. They said the car is too old. Also talked to them about the side skirts and rear bumper. They said the cars are older and not a focus. But if something comes up you will see it on the vendor announcements.

We have aftermarket here, not the exact design but they work. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...r-body-grille/

Stickers you can make those with black vinyl in matte finish. We don't have anything for that or i guess when they paint it have them masked off and painted matte black. Like you would do for the arches. On the product page for the bumper we linked the black textured paint needed.

In the future we hope to have a performance option for those grilles.

We are adding more Bremmen Parts all the time so check back : https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-parts/v-Mini/

We also have some new ECS Body parts and kits here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...exterior-body/

You can do the R56-R59 JCW Aero side skirts on an R50-R53: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-to-r53-2.html

JCW Aero Side skirts: https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...h/51712156417/

Last edited by ECSTuning; 03-17-2022 at 10:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ECSTuning:
DFTR (03-17-2022), mountainhorse (03-17-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 11:30 AM
Jonny
5th Gear
Received 458 Likes on 339 Posts
Side marker install kit for aero bumper…soon. It’s been a long road designing it remotely (Ohio/Boston), under going final fitting. I believe #12 is an additional bracket to help relocate front directional signal for pre facelift. Not needed for LCI.

Last edited by Jonny; 03-19-2022 at 01:56 PM.
mountainhorse (03-23-2022)