R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 MC motoring

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:09 PM
lotsie
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MC motoring

It just plain rocks. It is so much fun, the little one is so smooth.
Motoring means cruising, hot rodding,carving curves, carving tighter curves
Just carving

Old 07-02-2005, 06:21 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. My 8 mile (one way) daily commute takes me around some curvy back streets, through a tight hairpin (nice), out onto a thoroughfare w/ broad sweeping curves, into another hard 90-degree turn, and then down a tree-lined country lane w/ gentle curves. It is sweet. I'm not interested in straight-line speed here, but in handling....and that's just what an MC offers. From a hp perspective, I feel like I'm really using and exploring a greater percentage of the car's available resources....controlling it....applying it....in a way that seems a perfect balance to the handling prowess of the car. MC motoring offers unique benefits that deserve celebrating, benefits which are often overshadowed by the quest for more, more, more. Balance is a good thing, too.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:24 AM
C4
Banned
Love the MC CVT!

Old 07-02-2005, 06:33 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
^^^^I'll bet you're good at having some serious fun w/ that CVT, too!!! Very undercelebrated, imo.

Old 07-02-2005, 11:10 AM
mini552
4th Gear
MC Motoring

I know what you mean - I've had an '06 on order for a few months, & dealer called me yesterday to tell me production starting in Sept. & I'll receive production # soon - been going back & forth & back & forth about whether to switch from MC to MCS. Soooo - yesterday went to So. Bay Mini & drove them back to back. It's driving me nuts but I'm leaning toward staying with the Cooper - PW/Black w/Cordoba. 16 in. Xlites, staying light as possible w Xlites & no sunroof. Gonna add a Miltek o Rspeed exhaust & rear sway bar & MOTOR

Old 07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
lotsie
Banned
On my motor today I went into town, got waved at, then headed out on the highway, got bored with that.

So I hit the gravel backroads, lots of sliding, working the wheel, drifting these little fellows is so much fun

Bouncing the tack, running hard, using the e-brake to get the back end out to enter the next turn

Run your car however ya want, but if ya don't get the gas pedal on the carpet, and hold it there, well ya should have got an echo

I can hardly wait to do this on asphalt:smile:

Dragon

Old 07-02-2005, 06:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
You are livin' the dream buddy!!!! Way to motor!!!

We don't have too many gravel roads around here, but that does sound like fun! I have to admit I have a morbid fear of gravel because of all the rock haulers carving out new developments around these parts. Freaks me out. (...insert paint chip and windshield stories here.)

If Bruce Wayne wanted to strike fear deep into the souls of MINI-owning evil-doers around here he'd become Gravelman!!! And the Gravelmobile would be...*shudders* guess what?!?!?!

Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM
lotsie
Banned
Miles and miles of empty backroads up here. You can see for miles in all directions.
Not many twisties, but I make my own, carving from ditch to ditch

The corners are best Come up hard, pull the e-brake, flip the wheel, get the back end out, get hard on the throttle in the now new direction.Bliss
I'm sure Poco gets beat up doing this, but the little guy is just a blast in the gravel/dirt, I'm not ever going to give up where these rally cars came from:smile:
He gets more rock dings on the highway

Old 07-02-2005, 07:44 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
Cruzin, motoring..all the same. Yesterday my GF said "let's go for a drive". We we drove at the park road near my place....lots of twisties...but i did not drive like a maniac like i usually do. we just enjoyed a drive with the sunroof open and listening to some good music.....and enjoyed people looking at the Mini and we just smiled and waved. that is what motoring is about. but it is cool when the other half wants to go for a ride just for grins and giggles.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:49 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lot15
Come up hard, pull the e-brake, flip the wheel, get the back end out, get hard on the throttle in the now new direction.
Dang Lot, you need to plan a gold heist...good stuff!!! In any case, Paddy would be proud!!

Old 07-02-2005, 08:43 PM
lotsie
Banned
Originally Posted by dufrinr
Cruzin, motoring..all the same. Yesterday my GF said "let's go for a drive". We we drove at the park road near my place....lots of twisties...but i did not drive like a maniac like i usually do. we just enjoyed a drive with the sunroof open and listening to some good music.....and enjoyed people looking at the Mini and we just smiled and waved. that is what motoring is about. but it is cool when the other half wants to go for a ride just for grins and giggles.
I love putting about, just going slow, going nowhere
But the little guy always pulls me to the backroads to do some drifting and WOT workouts

Old 08-15-2005, 05:44 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Okay, this is probably more of a "Cooper-love" sorta thing but try this....while you're driving down a nice, straight, safe piece of road lean forward to look over the edge of your dash to admire the bonnet profiles from that angle...how the Cooper bonnet slopes aggressively downward toward the road, flanked by those massive headlight cowls, and graced with that nice, subtle center hump. Yeah, I know this sounds kinky, but hey, it's a MINI!!............and I am easily amused.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
I go out & rub my MC from time to time Oh, wait, I have a bottle of QD & a towel in my hands

Lois

Old 08-15-2005, 06:21 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
I go out & rub my MC from time to time Oh, wait, I have a bottle of QD & a towel in my hands

Lois
Sure you do, Lo! WOO WOO, baby!

Clover