R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Dealer Programing our mini's

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005 | 08:24 PM
Battle Cattle
|
6th Gear
Dealer Programing our mini's

ok I hear some people talking about features that have been programed by the dealer (low fuel audible sound, auto windows down on remote, etc) does anyone have a list that we could look at to see what we can get programmed?

-Josh

Old 08-10-2005 | 09:04 PM
Xman
3rd Gear
I've seen that list before, can't remember what thread though. Try a search or MINI2.

Old 08-10-2005 | 10:06 PM
Battle Cattle
|
6th Gear
i searched mini2 and found a very TINY list about 10 things none of which are what I heard people getting. I would just pop into my dealer for a list BUT thats 2.5hrs away. I would like to have a list that I can look over and figure out which features I want and debate about it for awhile then make a final list finally going to the dealer and have them change everything. Does anyone close to a dealer able to get a list and scan it?

-Josh

Old 08-10-2005 | 10:15 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Previous Thread

I'm curious about the auto lock after engine is off feature. If the key is still in the ignition switch will the car still auto lock itself?

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...970#post614970

Old 08-10-2005 | 10:24 PM
Battle Cattle
|
6th Gear
Ok after reading the post by MiniPlay I still KNOW 100% that those are not all the features that the dealer can enable/disable! is there a complete list? or are we SOL?

-Josh

Old 08-10-2005 | 10:29 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Found this PDF somewhere

[font=Courier New]Anti-Theft System[/font]

[font=Courier New]Acknowledge - Disarm acoustically Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Acknowledge - Arm acoustically Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Acknowledge - Arm acoustically, lids closed Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New] [/font]

[font=Courier New]Central locking[/font]

[font=Courier New]Active Remote Control Panic Mode Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Lock again 2 min after unlocking Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Automatic lock after starting (after 10 mph) Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Active Automatic unlock after engine off Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Selective central locking, key Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Selective central locking, remote control Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]CL Entrance aid/selective central locking* Selective / Not Active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Holding remote control open button Luggage compartment unlocking / Comfort opening / No function[/font]

[font=Courier New]Window regulator / Slide / Tilt sunroof[/font]

[font=Courier New]Power sunroof – 1 touch open Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Power sunroof – 1 touch raise Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Lighting[/font]

[font=Courier New]Active Daytime driving lights Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]External lights, home lights (pathway lighting) Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New] 40 seconds[/font]

[font=Courier New] 90 seconds[/font]

[font=Courier New] 150 seconds[/font]

[font=Courier New] 240 seconds[/font]

[font=Courier New]Windscreen wipers[/font]

[font=Courier New]Switch back when stationary Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Acoustic Warnings[/font]

[font=Courier New]Fuel Warning Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Displays / language[/font]

[font=Courier New]Units – consumption l/100km[/font]

[font=Courier New] mpg (uk)[/font]

[font=Courier New] mpg (us)[/font]

[font=Courier New] km/l[/font]

[font=Courier New]Units – distance km / miles[/font]

[font=Courier New]Units time 12 hour format / 24 hour format[/font]

[font=Courier New]Units – temperature degrees c / degrees f[/font]

[font=Courier New]Park Distance Control[/font]

[font=Courier New]Volume, rear (small differences in volume levels) Level 1 (quiet)[/font]

[font=Courier New] Level 2[/font]

[font=Courier New] Level 3[/font]

[font=Courier New] Level 4[/font]

[font=Courier New] Level 5[/font]

[font=Courier New] Level 6 (loud)[/font]

[font=Courier New]Active Switch – on message, rear Active / Not active[/font]

[font=Courier New]Rain sensor[/font]

[font=Courier New]Threshold settings Sensitive / Less sensitive[/font]

[font=Courier New]* selectable on tester, but no functional effect[/font]

[font=Courier New]Vehicle Memory settings for MINI from production date 09/03 on (2004 & 2005 model year)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Default settings BOLD[/font]

Old 08-10-2005 | 11:40 PM
creeker
4th Gear
I just received this file from my MA today

MINI Programming Options
It looks like these options are identified in the owner's manual which can be downloaded from MINI.COM.

Old 08-11-2005 | 12:18 AM
lotsie
Banned
I just got one button push on the remote, everything unlocks Hold it and the windows go down. I love my MINI

Old 08-11-2005 | 05:06 AM
everythingsablur
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Battle Cattle
ok I hear some people talking about features that have been programed by the dealer (low fuel audible sound, auto windows down on remote, etc) does anyone have a list that we could look at to see what we can get programmed?
Here is the exact worksheet that my MINI dealer gave me a week prior to delivery of my 05 MCS so that they could have it all programmed exactly the way I wanted it right off the bat. Scanned for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8&postcount=16

Old 08-11-2005 | 08:40 AM
Battle Cattle
|
6th Gear
shouldn't this be standard by all dealers? an thank you for posting them for my viewing pleasure.

-Josh

Old 08-11-2005 | 06:10 PM
everythingsablur
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Battle Cattle
shouldn't this be standard by all dealers? an thank you for posting them for my viewing pleasure.
Should they be? Probably. Why aren't they? <shrug> Your guess is as good as mine. I got them from MINI Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. They look quite official (especially if you have the other sheets which I didn't scan; just had sign-offs and information about my car, etc.), but I don't know if this exact version was done by the dealer, or is actually an official MINI document.

Old 08-11-2005 | 07:08 PM
Minifiend
4th Gear
Hey lot15...

You said you got the one push option programmed by your dealer to roll the windows down and open the sunroof. I picked up my mini a couple of weeks ago and I wanted that option but they said they no longer do it? Is that a Mini standard across the board or do you think if I asked around at a few dealers they could do it? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:16 PM
everythingsablur
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mathewweiss
You said you got the one push option programmed by your dealer to roll the windows down and open the sunroof. I picked up my mini a couple of weeks ago and I wanted that option but they said they no longer do it? Is that a Mini standard across the board or do you think if I asked around at a few dealers they could do it? Thanks.
They stopped doing enabling it as the default option this year because they received alot of complaints from people who went out to their cars to find that the windows/sunroof/ragtop was open. Can you imagine that happening on a rainy day? I dunno... I've got enough problems opening them remotely on purpose that I find an accidental opening rather unlikely, but I guess if you've got a lot of stuff in your pocket... <shrug>

They should still be able to program it though...

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:37 PM
lotsie
Banned
Originally Posted by mathewweiss
I don't have a sunroof, but now one push and hold unlocks doors, hatch and opens the windows.

I just had this done yesterday. Don't see why any dealer could not.

Old 08-18-2005 | 11:07 PM
eechan
2nd Gear
first service trip back to the dealership yesterday. I dropped the car off for some work to be done and made my request to have some of the vehicle memory settings configured while it was there. I was told it's no problem to have the remote convenience opening mode enabled (push and hold open button on remote to unlock doors and open windows/roof). However, they refused to enable the interior convenience opening mode (hold lock toggle switch up for a few seconds to open both windows & roof) because it's a USA safety issue now

I was also told that the software in my car no longer supports the low fuel audible alarm option Anybody else with an '05 MCS have this feature enabled? Is this really the case or did I run into the dreaded misinformed-service-associate syndrome?

Old 08-19-2005 | 03:45 AM
lcubed
4th Gear
push and hold to open my windows was programmed onto my 05 mcs last week. it doesn't appear to be a safety issue here on the east coast.

Old 08-19-2005 | 05:59 AM
everythingsablur
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eechan
I was also told that the software in my car no longer supports the low fuel audible alarm option Anybody else with an '05 MCS have this feature enabled? Is this really the case or did I run into the dreaded misinformed-service-associate syndrome?
Now that's certainly a curious one. Why would they take away the audible low fuel warning alarm (not that it was all that audible in the first place)? My '05 has it enabled, though I've not had them do any work on the ECU or programming options since delivery. I call shenanigans.

Old 08-19-2005 | 07:00 AM
MINIATIC
3rd Gear
seat bell alarm

can the seat bell audible alarm be program, so it does nto keep on beeping when you are inside the car with the engine running..??or can it be program so it beeps for a certain time and then stops?

Old 08-19-2005 | 07:55 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
1 warning reminder.

Supposedly passengers can get stuck inside if you lock the car from the outside. The 'door lock' toggle on the center console supposedly disables if I'm reading it right, which is similar to my 1996 Camaro.

I once parked in an underground garage w/valet parking. The attendants accidentally left my keys in someone else's car as they were parking it, and those people never returned. I used a hanger, and kept poking the 'unlock' button of the door to try and get my contents out until I could have a spare key made, and it wouldn't open, because the 'alarm lock' was enabled. *sigh*

So anyhow. I remember seeing multiple warnings in regards to 'locking' people inside your car, so 'Auto Locks' would be bad, mmm'kay?

Old 08-19-2005 | 12:05 PM
eechan
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lcubed
push and hold to open my windows was programmed onto my 05 mcs last week. it doesn't appear to be a safety issue here on the east coast.
you're referring to the lock door toggle and not the remote, correct?