R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Potential owner needs re-assurance.....Can I please hear from you MSCa guys!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 05:32 AM
C4
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japanese Quality??

Honda has announced the first ever safety recall for the all new 2006 Honda Civic:

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...9_20051110.htm

"Accelerator pedal defects"

The mighty have fallen....

Originally Posted by Slowride11
I just took delivery on my 05 MCSa and I'm loving her to bits. Its seriously a fantastic car. EPIC even.. As for problems, I haven't had any to speak of although I will ask my dealer if the car had its software upgrades and what not tomorrow.. I just wrote a long probably a little winded thread on my driving experience..

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=54858

Hopefully it will give you some impression of how absolutely awesome the car can be. As for reliability, well thats up to you. If you really want reliability, I guess japanese is the way to go.. the new civics seem to have some more soul than most. But I agree with everyone else that there is no guarantee that a j car will be more reliable than a Mini. Only statistically it may be. Even if it isn't reliable you do have great service departments around. So it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

As for the hard downshifts, it happens also when you use the manual mode while the lever is in D and not in M. It tries to do a little too much to impress you and downshifts when you don't want it too.. but its easily solved. either don't use the paddles or shift into M.. Problem solved

Old 11-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Casual Cooper
Neutral
"thank You All!"

You guys and gals are great.

Let me take this opportunity to extend a sincere "thank you" for all of your positive feedback with regard to my multi-question original post about the MCSa. I feel waaay better and after hearing your unanimous enthusiasm and support for this little dynamo of a car (even though it's not perfect). Either way I am back on track and ready for my Christmas present to myself

I don't know what production week I was originally supposed to be (I ordered car Oct 22nd), but apparently I got pulled way up in line. My dealer called me last Friday and informed me that car was slated to go into production this week and to expect it by the end of November instead of the week of Christmas. (Some 4 weeks early)

MiniMe05 I am truly sorry to hear about all of your troubles and woes related to your car. It suggests a seemingly short but frustrating Mini experience. If I read your posts correctly it sounds like once you get rid of that car (lemon law or whatever) you are done with Mini Motoring. I hope you have a positive outcome whatever the case.

Thank you all again!
Reid in Houston
"Casual Cooper"

PS....can someone teach a dummy (me) what it takes to cut and past from another application with out getting all the html code in my posts?

Old 11-16-2005, 06:48 AM
MiniMe05
4th Gear
Happy Motoring Casual Cooper!

Morning!
Wife of car enthusiast here, I am glad you are staying with the MINI you have picked out Casual Cooper. We (I) am not down on the MINI at all. While we definitely have a lemon I still LOVE the car. If it is made right by the dealership/MINI USA I too hope to be motoring along happily again soon.

Enjoy your MINI. It is a great car if you are not having problems. I wish you many fun road trips in your future in your new car.

Happy Motoring

Wife (of car enthusiast)

Old 11-16-2005, 07:49 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMe05
Morning!
Wife of car enthusiast here, I am glad you are staying with the MINI you have picked out Casual Cooper. We (I) am not down on the MINI at all. While we definitely have a lemon I still LOVE the car. If it is made right by the dealership/MINI USA I too hope to be motoring along happily again soon.

Enjoy your MINI. It is a great car if you are not having problems. I wish you many fun road trips in your future in your new car.

Happy Motoring

Wife (of car enthusiast)

Sounds like you are an enthusiast, a Mini enthusiast, why not create your own account instead of relegating yourself as just the 'Wife (of car enthusiast)' and posting under his account? :smile:

You have posted a few times might as well have your own identity

Old 11-16-2005, 08:19 AM
MiniMe05
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eVal
Sounds like you are an enthusiast, a Mini enthusiast, why not create your own account instead of relegating yourself as just the 'Wife (of car enthusiast)' and posting under his account? :smile:

You have posted a few times might as well have your own identity
Actually I (husband) am the one that needs an account. She is brand new to posting on forums and seems to be enjoying it. Regarding our "lemon", the dealer/MiniUSA will determine if we stay on as Mini motorists. If they step up and take care of the problem we will happily sing their praises. If not, well we hope to not have to cross that path.