R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Production#'s and what they mean?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:41 PM
mini-g.
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production#'s and what they mean?!

Hey everybody....
I am taking the plunge and going for a MC Cabrio. I placed the order and I have a production #. My current MC was not made for me, but was a gift from GOD. So I really do not know what to expect. Anyone care to give me the run down from my so-cal gang?
I see posts from folks all geared up and waiting. I thought since I already am a 'Motorer' you all might not mind a quick re-cap for me, Thanks in advance!!
Gayle/MINI G
mini-g.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:31 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Hi and Welcome,
The production ID will allow you to register on the mini site and 'watch' as your mini proceeds through the various production cycles. By registering, you will also get occasional freebies sent to you from mini. The main mini site URL for the US is http://www.miniusa.com - this will pop up another window that shows a tab on the right labelled as 'Owners Lounge'. Select this tab and you will see a login screen. There are prompts on this screen for registering yourself (you need the production ID). Once registered, you will seen an option for 'Track Your Mini'. Another option, is 866-ASK-MINI to track your production status - again the production ID is needed here. The 866 number is an automated status check that is a bit more up to date than the website and you can also speak to a live person who can get the latest status for you.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:26 PM
mini-g.
3rd Gear
You rock for taking the time out of your day to give me all of that info. THANKS!!!
MINI G