R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Things no other car but a MINI can do...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006 | 07:24 PM
Cooper Guy
4th Gear
Great stories! It doesn't take much time or effort to make someone's day, especially a child. Sometimes these small gestures can shape a child into great things, like future MINI owners.

Old 04-11-2006 | 10:17 PM
vi3ti2avei2
1st Gear
That's awesome, glad to hear you made him happy And I may know which Chik-Fil-A you're talking about since my cousin lives near that section of Southbend. It's seriously awesome how you made the boy's day that way man. You rule.

But man.. I should open up a Chik-fil-a here in Illinois. Gosh we need one bad.

Old 12-18-2006 | 06:31 PM
moreorless
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChiliCooperS
Tonight I experienced something that was awesome. I thought I would share it with the board and see if you have any similar experiences.

About a week ago I ate by myself at the local Chick Fil A, and sat behind this lady and her son which was about 2-4 I was guessing. He seemed down and depressed the entire time I was there hardly ever talking to his mom, which we all know is kind of odd for someone of this age. They got up to leave the same time I did, and we were walking out in the parking lot by each other, and his mom goes, "Hey buddy look at that cool little car over there, that's a MINI Cooper." The kids eyes lit up and he went "Whoaaaohh" and pointed at my car. She looked back at me and smiled and I said "Does he want to see it?" She said "Buddy do you want to see the MINI?" He goes "I can?" I said sure come right over here. I opened the driver's side door and said "Get in!" He climbed up in the driver's seat and sat down gripping the wheel and smiling from ear to ear making engine noises every once in a while. I said "You look awesome in it sport!" He looked up and smiled at me, after a couple minutes he climbed out, still smiling and went over to his mom who thanked me and told me what a great young man I was and to have a good night and went to their car.

Tonight I went back to the same Chick Fil A and I came out to a note on my windshield.

"Sir, thank you for showing my son your car the other nite. We had been having problems with him for a few weeks, and he was quiet and out of touch. Ever since you should him it and let him sit in it he can't stop talking about the "cool red MINI Cooper." He is back to his old self, something my husband and I are very happy and thankful for. You are a sweet young man, and did something most wouldn't, and I wanted to leave you a note to thank you and tell you how much of an impact you made on our son's life over the last week, and how much I appreciate what you did for me.

Thank You

______ ________"

I never thought I would do it, but a tear ran down my cheek as I sat there and read it.

Really cool!

Mikey
Mikey, I remembered this story from earlier this year and thought it needed to be brought back.

I hope your Christmas is extra special this year.

....Les

Old 12-18-2006 | 07:47 PM
Jakemini
1st Gear
Let your life speak!

Mikey,

It is said that a human life can change with the twisting of a leaf.
We never know what effect a word or act can have on another human being.
Your actions and words had a profound effect on a young boy and changed his life.
Good for you!

Jakemini

Old 12-18-2006 | 08:50 PM
dix
6th Gear
What a sweet story and with a good ending too!! We don't hear enough of those.