R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Just joined mini usa owners club....a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 PM
mini2di4
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined mini usa owners club....a couple questions

To start off, it's a great resource. I plugged in my VIN and it found my pre-owned mini! Now my questions - I went to the service records section and only found one service record for my 2004 MCS, an initial service in 5/04....nothing since then. I bought from a dealer and the car is under warranty which leads me to believe it's had service since then or the warranty wouldn't be valid....am I right? And one more just curious question...they had a dealer in Tennessee listed as my preferred dealer...could this mean my car came from TN? Oh, one more question...they ask on the website if the car was a "certified pre-owned". If I bought from a mini dealer does it mean that? I don't recall seeing that verbage on any of the used minis at the mini dealer....is mine a "certified" one or not. That's it!
Dianna

Old 08-31-2006, 03:26 AM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mini2di4
To start off, it's a great resource. I plugged in my VIN and it found my pre-owned mini! Now my questions - I went to the service records section and only found one service record for my 2004 MCS, an initial service in 5/04....nothing since then. I bought from a dealer and the car is under warranty which leads me to believe it's had service since then or the warranty wouldn't be valid....am I right? And one more just curious question...they had a dealer in Tennessee listed as my preferred dealer...could this mean my car came from TN? Oh, one more question...they ask on the website if the car was a "certified pre-owned". If I bought from a mini dealer does it mean that? I don't recall seeing that verbage on any of the used minis at the mini dealer....is mine a "certified" one or not. That's it!
Dianna
I believe that you are refering to the Owners Lounge of the MINIUSA website. Service info located there was entered by the previous owner. Its accuracy depends on the owners input only. It does not reflect any info from dealer service depts. So your car may have had additional service done. I would suggest contacting the listed dealer for updated info, however they may be only able to tell you service that they did. Again, the dealer listed was designated by the previous owner (presumably, the only owner). I know MINI was talking about a "pre-certified" program but I don't know if thats in effect yet. You might do a search on motoringfile.com on that topic. Welcome to the MINI world. You're going to have a blast!