R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Tornado Fuel Saver on Mini Cooper S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:04 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no offense taken and no hostility here, i think....j/k, and dont let me words let you think otherwise.

hey, you should put up your pic of the damper in your mini...the ones i got mounts on a different place than where you mounted. you show and tell.

Glen, do you know where i can get my car dynoed? you got to pay for it, though...

Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Ukhan24,

Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Ukhan24, This

Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Ukhan24, This Could

Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
UKHAN24, thsi

Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
sorry guys, something just glitched in my computer and the above happened.,

Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by A S K
sorry guys, something just glitched in my computer and the above happened.,
If you install the tornado on your computer it will run smoother and that glitch won't happen...

Old 11-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"experience" is the problem...

upon reading all respected thoughts & opinions, how many of yous are speaking out of experience or just relying on ideology and spreading the rumors?
i too was once a non-believer on this product until i experienced it thus making me a little wiser person to not listen to all people with just ideological opinions who has not experienced it and go about spreading rumors that aint true. than again, it might be jut me......but nahhhhhhh, i see someone else concurrs with my experience. oh yeah!!!!
This device has never, let me say NEVER shown benefit in double blind tests. All you will ever get is "I installed one and I saw a x% benefit in this that and the other thing". Trueth is that if one puts something like this in, one WANTS it to work, and we change what we do in oh so little ways.....

So talk vortex generation and induced turbulance and whirlpool in the toilette, whatever. This makes 4 groups money.... Sheet metal sellers, the manufacturer, the distributor and the advertisers!

If you buy these things, you get what you deserve.....

Matt

Old 11-02-2006, 07:15 AM
mini552
4th Gear
than why are you trying to convince others without trying it and experiencing it? some can be misleading since without experience you can be found like an idiot or tested rat if not proven to your thinking.
you state we will be the rats but this rat spoke and you did not listen. you ask of something you dont mean to consider.

from what i remember, you had the k&n HAI. can you install tornado in your cooper?
Sooooo . . . if you decide that sprinkling caviar on your intercooler will result in hp gains and improved fuel economy, no one should tell you its a bad idea unless they buy the caviar and try the same thing? Sound reasoning

Old 11-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where's the double blind data?

Find that and all arguments will go away...

Oh wait. There isn't any! Wonder why?

There was a thread like this on some funky inverted wing you put on the back of trucks to improve vortex formation. Lots of claims that the gas milage of the Suburban rose by over 35%. But absoluteley no double blind data showing any improvement. The list of these things is endless. You're better spending you $ on Girls Gone Wild videos. They're crap too, but they do deliver what they promise, unlike the Tornado!

Too bad there are some many ****** for $. Otherwise no car mag would allow this thing to be advertised, usually in the back by the sexual pills and how to videos!

Matt

Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mini552
Sooooo . . . if you decide that sprinkling caviar on your intercooler will result in hp gains and improved fuel economy, no one should tell you its a bad idea unless they buy the caviar and try the same thing? Sound reasoning
far fetch, i think. do not go abroad to make a point, stay within the perimeter for reasoning.
dont be a smart-guy

Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
i think the mod is to make you feel good about your car.
it made ASK feel good, so it worked. end story.

next!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
This device has never, let me say NEVER shown benefit in double blind tests. All you will ever get is "I installed one and I saw a x% benefit in this that and the other thing". Trueth is that if one puts something like this in, one WANTS it to work, and we change what we do in oh so little ways.....

So talk vortex generation and induced turbulance and whirlpool in the toilette, whatever. This makes 4 groups money.... Sheet metal sellers, the manufacturer, the distributor and the advertisers!

If you buy these things, you get what you deserve.....

Matt
read it and heard it. so do you have one too?
all thoughts are well respected so please do the same and respect others, whether you think or its just feeling.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
What a fun thread

I still think that in a SC or Turbo this wuold not be of use.

In a NA application the quantity of AIR that you are able to shove through the system is one of the biggest limiting factors.
So that is why SC, turbo, NOS all do their thing.

Compair a FI engine to as NA biggest difference is metering of air and fuel AND ATOMIZATION of fuel.

Racers do use TB spacers WITH ridges and intake manifolds are often shaped to mix to also cause atomization.

I again have (not a doublr blind test) seen some change in a vehicle with tis product.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:00 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
Find that and all arguments will go away...

Oh wait. There isn't any! Wonder why?

There was a thread like this on some funky inverted wing you put on the back of trucks to improve vortex formation. Lots of claims that the gas milage of the Suburban rose by over 35%. But absoluteley no double blind data showing any improvement. The list of these things is endless. You're better spending you $ on Girls Gone Wild videos. They're crap too, but they do deliver what they promise, unlike the Tornado!

Too bad there are some many ****** for $. Otherwise no car mag would allow this thing to be advertised, usually in the back by the sexual pills and how to videos!

Matt
no morals or character of integrity would suggest such thing next to a tornado. if girls gone wild delivers what it targets for you than you need to get a girl-friend and spend the monies wisely.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kenchan
i think the mod is to make you feel good about your car.
it made ASK feel good, so it worked. end story.

next!
kenchan, you are man. thank you for your wise input and hope others will learn from you.
understand what kenchan imposed than you will be respected more for your broad conception.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ASK, if the only reply you have to facts based on the laws of physics is: "Do you have one?", means you have no PROVEN facts to back up your claims. There seems to be NO proven facts about this thing, other than what is on their website (which starts off with John 3:16, yeesh), or written by anyone who they advertise with.

http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/...ey/917ff5.html

http://www.wcpo.com/external/dwym/c3b519.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Tornado-Fuel-Saver&id=288028

http://www.fuelsaving.info/atomisation.htm

Old 11-02-2006, 10:10 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by COR BLMY
What a fun thread

I still think that in a SC or Turbo this wuold not be of use.

In a NA application the quantity of AIR that you are able to shove through the system is one of the biggest limiting factors.
So that is why SC, turbo, NOS all do their thing.

Compair a FI engine to as NA biggest difference is metering of air and fuel AND ATOMIZATION of fuel.

Racers do use TB spacers WITH ridges and intake manifolds are often shaped to mix to also cause atomization.

I again have (not a doublr blind test) seen some change in a vehicle with tis product.

uh oh.... get ready to be bashed by anti-tornado fans who have not yet have one but love to discredit your experience.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:13 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
kenchan, you are man. thank you for your wise input and hope others will learn from you.
understand what kenchan imposed than you will be respected more for your broad conception.
thanks. well, you know, that engine damper isn't all that GREAT either. i didn't want to hurt shoe's feelings. jk jk

(the engine damper does do good).

Old 11-02-2006, 10:15 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
ASK, if the only reply you have to facts based on the laws of physics is: "Do you have one?", means you have no PROVEN facts to back up your claims. There seems to be NO proven facts about this thing, other than what is on their website (which starts off with John 3:16, yeesh), or written by anyone who they advertise with.

http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/...ey/917ff5.html

http://www.wcpo.com/external/dwym/c3b519.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Tornado-Fuel-Saver&id=288028

http://www.fuelsaving.info/atomisation.htm
maybe so, but i am not the only one who thinks and say what we experience is that 'it feels better' with it. so does that mean im crazy along with others who have it or is it law of physics vs. my feeling? so i ask, do you have one too?
fact or fiction: did this world we live in was designed and created by a Creator or evolution?

Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
[fact or fiction: did this world we live in was designed and created by a Creator or evolution?[/quote]
By a Creator who fully used the process of Evolution and continues to do so.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe so, but i am not the only one who thinks and say what we experience is that 'it feels better' with it. so does that mean im crazy along with others who have it or is it law of physics vs. my feeling? so i ask, do you have one too?
fact or fiction: did this world we live in was designed and created by a Creator or evolution?
So besides one other person, who else is saying this thing works, that doesn't have a vested interest in it's financial success?

Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks. well, you know, that engine damper isn't all that GREAT either. i didn't want to hurt shoe's feelings. jk jk

(the engine damper does do good).
i am a jolly guy and like to share what i feel on experience which i share with delight to others to make them feel a little better like i did. but as you can see, all i hear is pessimistic respected ideology with no consideration in return.
sorry to veer off: engine damper, does testing prove more gain in hp or torque? too me, just felt really better having it on than not (not directed at you kenchan , just others who need the lesson) and you can feel the difference! can i get an amen...

Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
A S K
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINILLA
[fact or fiction: did this world we live in was designed and created by a Creator or evolution?
By a Creator who fully used the process of Evolution and continues to do so.[/quote]

nicely stated. i see that you are the few that really use the brain for its value. how many others do you know who would state it like you have, not the ignorants...

Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 AM
MaxN
Reverse Gear
Try this, wash and wax your SO's car and tell them that you used some new 'hyper wax' that is designed to give the paint a deeper shine. Then ask them what they think.

99% of the time they will say that it looks fantastic, and we amazed at the depth of reflections.

They truely will be amazed, they are told that its special, the really will believe it too.

I told my wife that I had added a new engine oil additive to make her (old) car smoother, for weeks she was telling me how much nicer it was to drive.
The reality ? I have done absolutely nothing I just wondered if she would be fooled. Even after I told her that I had done nothing, she did not believe me, because she 'had noticed' the difference and meant to ask before I told her.

These things work because you WANT them to work.

Intersting point on 'rough' intake manifolds, I have been told this by numerous tuners, polish the exhaust, roughen the inlet to aid swirl.....

Quick Reply: R50/53 Tornado Fuel Saver on Mini Cooper S?