R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Madonna Buys an Electric Blue Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 06:52 PM
rcase13
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all should be carefull with what you say. Madonna could be here with us under an alias! Oooohhhhhhh.....

But seriously where did she get the new accent? Is there a tape I can throw in my tapedeck that can teach that accent while I drive to work? :smile:

Do we have any famous people on this board? Or just a bunch of smart asses like me!

Old 10-22-2003, 06:57 PM
flyboy2160
4th Gear
t-rex and madonna watchers,

i'd like to get madonna and juliette moore to vote in my poll

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...mp;topic=15684

so what's the email for manhattan mini and who knows madonna's mini dealer?

thanks,
flyboy 2160

Old 10-22-2003, 07:04 PM
T-REX
1st Gear
>>t-rex and madonna watchers,
>>
>>i'd like to get madonna and juliette moore to vote in my poll
>>
>>https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...mp;topic=15684
>>
>>so what's the email for manhattan mini and who knows madonna's mini dealer?
>>
>>thanks,
>>flyboy 2160
>>
>>
go to MINIUSA for dealer emails.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Pebbles
6th Gear
>>You all should be carefull with what you say. Madonna could be here with us under an alias! Oooohhhhhhh.....
>>

I doubt it. She lives in London and from the comments on the European forums, they all hate to see her and her Black/Black MINI. One guy even said for the USA to please come and get her and take her back home! She raised cain over paying the road toll, like she doesn't have the money to pay for the roads she drives on, which outraged the local hard working people who gladly pay it!

Sorry to add such a negative comment, but personally I don't like her.
She is exactly my same age - yes we graduated from High School the same year !
I think she's turned her life to trash, while the rest of us have made very different choices, with our families, our careers, friends, neighbors, etc... She is not what I'd want people to think of when they think of a successful respected delightful beautiful graceful and yet fun 44 year old woman!

(steps off the soapbox, smiles like Mona Lisa)

Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 PM
KerMini
3rd Gear
OMG. Do we really care what the celebs are buying?

Should it be a validation of our choice? Or maybe an attempt by them to be one of the normal people? If Madona, Bruce or any other celeb is really just a normal person in an abnormal career, they really don't want the attention over what car they buy. If they are ego maniacs who thrive on this attention, why feed their ego?

No offense to your interest, but I say BFD. Until I DO see madonna on line debating or inquiring on issues having to do with real appreciation of the car I'll assume she and others like her are merely adding to their stable and their "cool quotient". See you and your MINI in PEOPLE mag Madonna!

("wow, what got my goat so much about that?" )

Old 10-22-2003, 07:27 PM
jerrygee
4th Gear
>>No two-bit hack celebrity will ever impress me by what they or have - When someone like Colin McRae buys a MINI I’ll be very impressed.

I agree 100%!

FIA World Rally drivers, now those guys know how to drive a car! I hope Colin McRae gets picked up by a team next year. I would like to see the old veteran Carlos Sainz win the championship this year, it would probably be his last, but Petter Solberg is so young and so close in the points, and so exciting to watch in the winners circle. He sure can get animated!

Old 10-22-2003, 07:33 PM
CharlesWil
5th Gear
Excuse me
Does any body really care?
Charles

Old 10-22-2003, 07:34 PM
rg
3rd Gear
my best friend's sister's boyfriend's best friend said they heard Jim Morrison just got an all black S! OK, maybe something got lost in the translation...

Old 10-22-2003, 08:26 PM
orbhot
6th Gear
I think she bought it because she needs something to draw attention to her, since her sagging body and recent awful songs don't do it anymore.

Old 10-23-2003, 05:29 AM
samawil
5th Gear
Mini mini mini....

First off...I like Madonna. She's been good to the music industry, and has suffered a lot because of it. The first one to really speak out (in song) about this phenomenon (that I know of) is Eminem. He says how he sacrificed his life, provacy, etc.. to be a star...well he's right...and so is she.

Sure I've never met her, and Sure I don't know what she's like...but a few years back I was thinking "I would give her a kid if I can live with them." Of course now days I would have to think a lot more about it...

I'm super glad she got a MCS and the EB fits her perfectly...I bet it's bare..ie no stripes, no driving lights...just pure EB.

I wonder if she's start moding it...if not performance wise, externally. I wonder if she is so into her MCS that she's actually named it like many of us. I wonder if she was drinving down Westheimer and I was coming the other way, would she wave.

I wonder I wonder I wonder...

As far as who I'd love to see driving/owning a mini (even though it would be tough because of sponsors) is the 6 times World Formula One Champion Michael Schumacher...

Louay

Old 10-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Jerseygirl
5th Gear
I'm just glad she didn't buy IB/W or I'd be really depressed. Who cares what car(s) she buys anyway? The MINI is the latest "thing" so she has to have one. Quite sad really.

Old 10-23-2003, 06:02 AM
02s79fj40
2nd Gear
Whoopi goldberg ordered a cooper S - the one I have. When it came in she didn't like it and bought a regular cooper off the lot and the people I bought mine from bought the car she had ordered. I don't have any way to prove it, but that's what I was told.

Old 10-23-2003, 07:29 AM
rcase13
4th Gear
>>As far as who I'd love to see driving/owning a mini (even though it would be tough because of sponsors) is the 6 times World Formula One Champion Michael Schumacher...

Yeah, I doubt you'll ever see Michael driving a MINI (BMW). That's kind of like drinking a Coke while doing Pepsi commercials!

Old 10-23-2003, 09:07 AM
brgfan
4th Gear
>>A dealer at Manhattan MINI told me JULIANNE MOORE was interested in a MINI...a Velvet Red MINI.
>>
*I'd* be interested in a Julianne Moore in red velvet! That's much closer to my definition of 'class' than Madonna. (Also much closer to my definition of talent.)

Old 10-23-2003, 10:26 AM
MiniCD
5th Gear
When we first got our MINI, Marion Ross asked us about it one day when we were out to breakfast. She really liked the MINI. Ended up in quite a long conversation about the design philosophy of the MINI and the need for more efficient, and fun, vehicles.

Old 10-23-2003, 10:30 AM
2minis
6th Gear
Madonna blue who? I was away...did I miss something?

Old 10-23-2003, 11:58 AM
jacquesmontoya
Neutral
Wow Madonna got a Ness like mine How Twin Peaks!
Jacquesmontoya AKA David Lynch! -- No! NOT Him! ME!

>>Madonna got a Mini....well seeing all the directions that she has trended in....you know, Material Girl and then she was just a big ho for awhile and then she eventually started dressing like a gypsy and now she has that British accent (I thought she was from Detroit??) you never know how long she will actually drive her new Mini.....
>>I give it a few months until she packs it into her gigantic superstar garage and buys another car that she will drive for a few months....man it just must suck to have all the money in the world! :smile:

Old 10-23-2003, 12:04 PM
jacquesmontoya
Neutral
Wow Madonna got a Ness like mine How Twin Peaks!
Jacquesmontoya AKA David Lynch! -- No! NOT Him! ME!

>>Madonna got a Mini....well seeing all the directions that she has trended in....you know, Material Girl and then she was just a big ho for awhile and then she eventually started dressing like a gypsy and now she has that British accent (I thought she was from Detroit??) you never know how long she will actually drive her new Mini.....
>>I give it a few months until she packs it into her gigantic superstar garage and buys another car that she will drive for a few months....man it just must suck to have all the money in the world! :smile:

Old 11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
i know this thread is old, but i'm watching this special on MTV about the making of Madonna's new video 'hung up' and she said she wrote the words in about 5 minutes while she was driving around in her MINI.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:14 AM
cycleguru
4th Gear
Hey! I looked under my bonnet. Nobody signed it.I geuss i'm nobody important.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:06 AM
UnMini
2nd Gear
ozzy osbourne also owns a cooper, yhea!!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Mosco
2nd Gear
Ozzy driving??? Now that's a scary thought...

Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 AM
ahamos
Coordinator :: River City Minis
Originally Posted by Mosco
Ozzy driving??? Now that's a scary thought...
Who ever said he drives it? Madonna probably gets chauffered around in hers, and Ozzy's probably too freaked out by moving objects to sit in the driver's seat.

Last edited by ahamos; 11-17-2005 at 10:56 AM. Reason: sumtimz i dont spell to gud
Old 11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
hmm, i like ozzy's music, like bruce's music and madonna's okay w/ me. heck, even george foreman's got a cooper s.

i'm proud to drive such a cool car - regardless of who owns it. :-)

Old 11-17-2005, 06:21 PM
frank miller
1st Gear
Madonna

In regards to Madonna... why would the automotive choices of a promiscuous, high school grad be of interest to anybody? IMHO it's a testimont tto the lowest common denominator of our society.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Madonna Buys an Electric Blue Cooper S