R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:01 AM
BTT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
yours sounds like it will be born with mine! Except for the color (sparkling silver) i ordered all the same packages as you. Mine was ordered 5/10...

Have you tracked your car? as of today Mine is still waiting for shipment at Southampton. It is schedule to be loaded on ELEKTRA cargo ship on May 27th, arrive at Brunswick GA USA on June 10th. Then shipped to VPC center in south carolina. ETA dealership 6/15/08.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:12 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BTT
Have you tracked your car? as of today Mine is still waiting for shipment at Southampton. It is schedule to be loaded on ELEKTRA cargo ship on May 27th, arrive at Brunswick GA USA on June 10th. Then shipped to VPC center in south carolina. ETA dealership 6/15/08.
Sounds like you taking delivery sooner, my has been pushed back to end of June to early July

enjoy you and post pictures when you get your.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Banjo
2nd Gear
Fred Flintstone

So I have had my mini sidewalk for about two weeks. I love it so much ,but I have to say, driving on these run flats is like driving on rocks. Man Fred Flintstone would love these things. What a hard ride! I still love it..but holy cow!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 AM
OpusMini
4th Gear
I'm very curious about the silver white sidewalk edition. I have an Indi Blue 03 Cooper S with a fair number of goodies. I bought it before any talk of a convertible were at best rumors. Now I live in Florida and I've had convertible fever to the point where I considered trading the Mini in on a Z4 or Boxster. The problem being I'd lose the nominal backseat which is at least good enough for my dog. Then my S turned a 28 mpg local driving loop and it was going anywhere until the R57's came out.

So I came back on and looked at this site which I joined almost six years ago to research the new edition and it does have me a bit concerned. I was really keen to move from the supercharger to the turbo. I endured the numerous dealer ecu flashes but it still stumbles at lights on occasion.

So I am curious thinking of getting a last of the supercharged Minis. I love the Sidewalk editions. The Malt Brown is a brilliant interior and the wheels are great. Then there's the silver white. I am very anxious to see one in person. It reminds me of an older Porsche color called Linen Grey. The wheels even look a bit Fuch like.

http://www.911clubsport.freeservers....s/csshside.jpg

Just curious, have they ever fixed the stumble?

Last edited by OpusMini; 05-25-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:58 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
White Silver Sidewalk

I can't wait to see MY white silver sidewalk edition! My wife and I ordered it sight unseen, with nothing more to go on than the little 4" square color cample at the dealer. Luckily, Xbass came to Denver so we could see and drool over his white silver cabrio! Another 4-6 weeks and we should have ours!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:59 AM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
I don't have an S, but as a loaner while mine was in for service I drove an 08 hardtop S. It was smooth as silk, and unlike other turbo cars I have driven it did not have the surprise surge of power - just a smooth build of power through the rpm band. I thought I was going slow on the highway, and I punched it a little to pass somebody only to see I was accelerating through 110 (oops - of course I immediately slowed down). The loaner was only 8000 miles old, so I can't speak to how it does over time, but I was impressed with the engine. It behaved like a small engine in the good ways (quiet, quick to warm up, not a gas guzzler), but it was like a big engine in good ways (plenty of torque, smooth continuous power through the whole rpm range). At idle, it didn't even think of stumbling. Go drive one - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:15 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
An 08 S Hardtop is a different engine than in any of the convertibles...

Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Xbass
3rd Gear
I LOVE all the Sidewalks that I've seen ... that said, we went to order a BRG & came home (5 days later) with a White Silver. We LOVE the color - which looks VERY different under different lighting conditions...but, we're VERY happy with our choice. You'll have to be quick! Looks like Black Panther leather is the interior of choice for the duration.

No problem with the Run Flats here ... after all - it IS a go-cart right?

Last edited by Xbass; 05-26-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 PM
BTT
2nd Gear
I had an opportunity to see a white silver before i ordered mine...what can i say "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT" I especially liked that the rims match the car exact and with the black and chrome interior..very stylish.

I plan on modifying my H/K sound system by adding a little hidden sub woofer in the back, just a little kick but Nothing that will be heard with in a mile distance.

Maybe adding some interior ambiance lighting, racing stripes (of which have not found one that i like) .

Just have to see until i get my car to put all the mods together.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Sacha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Banjo
So I have had my mini sidewalk for about two weeks. I love it so much ,but I have to say, driving on these run flats is like driving on rocks. Man Fred Flintstone would love these things. What a hard ride! I still love it..but holy cow!
Yup, that's my only complaint also, those are some stiff tires

Old 05-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Banjo
2nd Gear
So I have been driving the sidewalk around the streets of nyc and I have to tell you no matter where I go, people stop and stare and ask questions. Its unreal. The reaction is so uniform. I was at a stoplight and this one woman came running over to the car to ask me questions about it. I could see at another light people on the corner looking at the car and I could read their lips as one of them said..I think thats the mini cooper! If you want attention, there is nothing that can grab it like the sidewalk

Last edited by Banjo; 05-27-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Agreed!...and, it seems to inspire SMILES everywhere (especially on our faces ) Yea MINI!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:17 PM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
Curious - I was in NYC last weekend and the biggest reaction I got was in Washington Heights while stopped at a light. A man who may not have bathed in weeks came running through an intersection (130th & Broadway or there about) nearly being run over, he came straight to my front bumper to stop traffic completely in both directions to yell at me that he needed money to eat. I thought he should probably try eating food, as I apologized for not having money on me and promised to take the West Side Highway through that part of town from now on.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Banjo
So I have been driving the sidewalk around the streets of nyc and I have to tell you no matter where I go, people stop and stare and ask questions. Its unreal. The reaction is so uniform. I was at a stoplight and this one woman came running over to the car to ask me questions about it. I could see at another light people on the corner looking at the car and I could read their lips as one of them said..I think thats the mini cooper! If you want attention, there is nothing that can grab it like the sidewalk

Yes, they are great looking cars. I, like most of us, see MINIs and 'verts everyday, but the brown leather sidewalk interior is an amazing sight. And I'm a cloth seat guy.

Zip

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 AM
wng
1st Gear
Hi – I am new here and very excited about my first MC, originally it was for the wife, but it has overtaken me. I place my order 5/13 at Morristown MINI in NJ, great to deal with. I ordered a MINI S Convert Sidewalk with Nav, Cold and Conv package.

Just got off the phone with ASK-MINI and was told it went into production today. It should be done by next Tuesday, not sure what week that me week 22 or 23 and hope to take delivery by month end.

Anyway found this site to be very informative, helpful and wanted to say thanks…

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Sacha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wng
Hi – I am new here and very excited about my first MC, originally it was for the wife, but it has overtaken me. I place my order 5/13 at Morristown MINI in NJ, great to deal with. I ordered a MINI S Convert Sidewalk with Nav, Cold and Conv package.

Just got off the phone with ASK-MINI and was told it went into production today. It should be done by next Tuesday, not sure what week that me week 22 or 23 and hope to take delivery by month end.

Anyway found this site to be very informative, helpful and wanted to say thanks…
Congrats!!

What color?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
wng
1st Gear
Sparkling Silver...

Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Wellington is in the paint shop, shceduled for completion today or tomorrow! Of course it is a slow boat to get to Denver from Oxford, so we still have a long wait.

In the meantime, check out my new signature, compliments of COOPERation!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
I came out of a convenience store today to find this guy circling my car. When he saw me he just started gushing that my car was the most beautiful MINI he'd ever seen. He was entranced by the malt brown leather. He said he was some sort of car aficionado and seemed to know lots about MINIs but had never heard of the Sidewalk. He was very impressed, to say the least!

Just love those warm and fuzzy moments.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
(Finally...) Got a MINI wave today

Can't believe how many MINI owners don't acknowledge another MINI's presence! Thanks to the 'HOT' Red Cooper S (White roof) today! (on North Lexington Ave in Shoreview)

...OH WELL,...

ALSO - Huge THANKS to SPF ZERO for the lead on the MINI Die-Cast! Got mine about a week ago - will be converting to a ~ Sidewalk version

Here it she NOW ...

will show after - after the conversion

ALSO - I saw my 1st White Silver Cooper Sidewalk (with Black Panther Leather Interior) Tuesday. My ONLY issues are (1) I prefer the Malt Brown AND (2) they kept the steering wheel the same and the Malt Brown coloring looks 'orphaned' in the sea of black. Perhaps they should have done a special Anthracite leather accent on the steering wheel

Last edited by Xbass; 05-30-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Wellington is all done with production and sitting at the dock in Southampton, waiting for his ship to come in! We're hopeful he'll be home for July 4 (and another visit by Xbass ad Stella). So, with apologies to otis Redding...

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Old 05-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
LOVE Otis... (brings me back...)

Hope to see Wellington soon

(Just installed my Sidewalk Owners Club Grille Badge - LOOKIN' GOOD! )
http://www.cooperflags.com/ProductDetail.cfm?ID=235

Last edited by Xbass; 05-30-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:55 AM
BTT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Xbass
(Finally...) Got a MINI wave today

Can't believe how many MINI owners don't acknowledge another MINI's presence! Thanks to the 'HOT' Red Cooper S (White roof) today! (on North Lexington Ave in Shoreview)

...OH WELL,...

ALSO - Huge THANKS to SPF ZERO for the lead on the MINI Die-Cast! Got mine about a week ago - will be converting to a ~ Sidewalk version

Here it she NOW ...

will show after - after the conversion

ALSO - I saw my 1st White Silver Cooper Sidewalk (with Black Panther Leather Interior) Tuesday. My ONLY issues are (1) I prefer the Malt Brown AND (2) they kept the steering wheel the same and the Malt Brown coloring looks 'orphaned' in the sea of black. Perhaps they should have done a special Anthracite leather accent on the steering wheel

I confirmed with my sales person today. MY interior steering wheel is black and grey...with the black panther interior.

update delivery: my car is in the ocean halfway to halifax NS. Canada. it will arrive on the Halifax port on the 3rd of June...see link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=siwb

10 days till hits port of Brunswick Georgia

Old 05-31-2008, 06:24 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BTT
I confirmed with my sales person today. MY interior steering wheel is black and grey...with the black panther interior.

update delivery: my car is in the ocean halfway to halifax NS. Canada. it will arrive on the Halifax port on the 3rd of June...see link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=siwb

10 days till hits port of Brunswick Georgia
IN the ocean? Did they drop it?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 AM
BTT
2nd Gear
LOL....

figure of speech!!

Quick Reply: R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club