R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:36 AM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Xbass
(Finally...) Got a MINI wave today

Can't believe how many MINI owners don't acknowledge another MINI's presence! Thanks to the 'HOT' Red Cooper S (White roof) today! (on North Lexington Ave in Shoreview)

...OH WELL,...
waves

coilovers finally went on last night....absolutely love the "on rails" feeling of an inch drop all around and -2.2 front camber

Old 05-31-2008, 04:42 PM
princess di
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banjo
So I have been driving the sidewalk around the streets of nyc and I have to tell you no matter where I go, people stop and stare and ask questions. Its unreal. The reaction is so uniform. I was at a stoplight and this one woman came running over to the car to ask me questions about it. I could see at another light people on the corner looking at the car and I could read their lips as one of them said..I think thats the mini cooper! If you want attention, there is nothing that can grab it like the sidewalk

I have been stopped several times in Jax, Fl asking about my Sidewalk. Especially after she got her new checkered flag boot stripes!!! I think gas prices have influenced people to look for an economical but fun car to drive...Hello MINI!

Old 05-31-2008, 04:55 PM
princess di
Neutral
Has anyone gotten the glovebox organizer? Does it fit well and is it worth it?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear

ALSO - I saw my 1st White Silver Cooper Sidewalk (with Black Panther Leather Interior) Tuesday. My ONLY issues are (1) I prefer the Malt Brown AND (2) they kept the steering wheel the same and the Malt Brown coloring looks 'orphaned' in the sea of black. Perhaps they should have done a special Anthracite leather accent on the steering wheel
...here is the pic (Cell Phone pic...sorry)

Originally Posted by BTT
I confirmed with my sales person today. MY interior steering wheel is black and grey...with the black panther interior.

update delivery: my car is in the ocean halfway to halifax NS. Canada. it will arrive on the Halifax port on the 3rd of June...see link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=siwb

10 days till hits port of Brunswick Georgia
...see what I mean?

I'm glad that you are not getting the Malt Brown Steering Wheel!

Last edited by Xbass; 05-31-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by princess di
I have been stopped several times in Jax, Fl asking about my Sidewalk. Especially after she got her new checkered flag boot stripes!!! I think gas prices have influenced people to look for an economical but fun car to drive...Hello MINI!
Aha! So that's what you did!! Can't wait to see her.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 AM
BTT
2nd Gear
...here is the pic (Cell Phone pic...sorry)

...see what I mean?

I'm glad that you are not getting the Malt Brown Steering Wheel!

wowwww..what were they thinking!! is the interior panther black? where did you take the picture from?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:07 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
You know, I remember a few years ago at a bike shop they told me that at the end of the model year the manufacturers tend to "use up old parts." As a result, you might find a part or two that were not to the "normal" specs for that bike (usually better). Maybe they just had an extra malt brown sidewalk steering wheel lying around?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BTT
wowwww..what were they thinking!! is the interior panther black? where did you take the picture from?
It is a Cooper (non S) White Silver at Moterwerks MINI in Bloomington, MN. I brought Stella in to have a trim part replaced and saw it in the showroom. It IS Panther Black...and, UNTIL I saw the steering wheel, I liked it! The Black with Silver piping is VERY rich looking (NOT as rich as Malt Brown - but, better than any of the other leathers there)

Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
You know, I remember a few years ago at a bike shop they told me that at the end of the model year the manufacturers tend to "use up old parts." As a result, you might find a part or two that were not to the "normal" specs for that bike (usually better). Maybe they just had an extra malt brown sidewalk steering wheel lying around?
I suspect this is the case too - but WHY WOULDN'T Motorwerks MINI order the matching steering wheel!!!

OK, princess di where are the pics of the boot(y) stripes???

Originally Posted by oxtox
coilovers finally went on last night....absolutely love the "on rails" feeling of an inch drop all around and -2.2 front camber
GOTTA learn about performance mods!

Last edited by Xbass; 06-01-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:53 AM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
I don't know about the glovebox organizer, but I got the euro parcel shelf two weeks ago and it is awesome! It installs easily in about 10 min (if you have never pulled down the part of the dash under the steering column it will scare you how hard you need to pull). Once installed, it looks like it came from the factory, and it provides plenty of space for all of those things that you don't have a place for, while keeping them from the breeze as you motor top-down. It is not cheap ($200 at MiniMania) but it is worth it.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM
bradclark
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sshaynak
I don't know about the glovebox organizer, but I got the euro parcel shelf two weeks ago and it is awesome! It installs easily in about 10 min (if you have never pulled down the part of the dash under the steering column it will scare you how hard you need to pull). Once installed, it looks like it came from the factory, and it provides plenty of space for all of those things that you don't have a place for, while keeping them from the breeze as you motor top-down. It is not cheap ($200 at MiniMania) but it is worth it.
Does the parcel shelf hang down any lower or stick out any further than the dash? I'm 6'2" and need all the knee room I can get!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 AM
bradclark
2nd Gear
I really like mine, especially with the iPod adapter. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bradclark
Does the parcel shelf hang down any lower or stick out any further than the dash? I'm 6'2" and need all the knee room I can get!
I'm 6'3" and it's no different than the original knee bolster- if you cut into the one you have to make a shelf in it, it has the same profile.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:28 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
pics of the glove box organizer and the parcel shelf please!!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
princess di
Neutral
Originally Posted by J3kidford
Aha! So that's what you did!! Can't wait to see her.
Did I say boot stripes??? I meant bonnet stripes I went MINI wild this weekend. That's what happens when you work so much you don't have time to spend money except online! I will show pictures soon!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
Pick mine up tomorrow!

Called my closest dealer and asked for a Sidewalk Edition, and he just had one drive up on a truck from the boat. It's just the one I wanted, too. Placed a deposit with my credit card, and I rent a car to drive 100 miles to pick it up tomorrow!

It's the White Silver with the Malt Brown leather. Other dealers were willing to let me leave a deposit for some coming with the Panther Black leather, but I preferred the brown and can't believe I got so lucky to walk into one.

Got the Non-S with the Convenience and Cold-Weather packages, rear fog lamp (whatever that is), automatic transmission (yeah, the wife won), and had them add the black stripes. It had everything just as I would have ordered it, though I might have ordered the Green on my own given the choice.

Bought without seeing or driving it, but I've been looking at them for months now. The car-love-of-my-life was my old MGB, and this car seems like the closest I can find to bringing it back to life. The Malt Brown is the exact color of the interior of my old MG, which I still regret selling decades ago.

Will post pictures and answer the rest of the questions tomorrow when I get it!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Which dealer?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
princess di
Neutral
What is green? the top? I agree, I love the brown interior. I saw the other interior at our dealership and I am confused as to what the designers were thinking. The seats are blackish grey but sewn with the malt brown thread and the steering wheel is still malt brown. Would look better with dark thread and a matching steering wheel.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
What is green? the top? I agree, I love the brown interior.
No, I meant that if I ordered one from scratch, I might have picked the BRG instead of the white silver. But I'm thrilled with the white silver, which looks like you can only order with the Sidewalk package!

I, too, was too worried I'd end up with leather that didn't match the steering wheel, and that brown leather is really rich looking to me.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 PM
princess di
Neutral
I really love green but my salesman talked me out of it and I got astro black instead. I have to say I haven't regretted it, although I will probably get a green one next

Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Welcome Cubfan - 032 Hope to see you hanging out here...

White Silver was the last offered special color option for Sidewalks - and it is nice to see more of them showing up here! Like you, we were set to order a BRG until we fell in LOVE with Stella NO REGRETS!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
White Silver was the last offered special color option for Sidewalks - and it is nice to see more of them showing up here! Like you, we were set to order a BRG until we fell in LOVE with Stella
Did you get the black stripes? I had them put on, and think I'm going to like them, but I haven't seen them yet!

Those White Silver badges in your sig... are they available somewhere?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
oops

Last edited by Cubfan; 06-03-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: dual post. Duh!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Did you get the black stripes? I had them put on, and think I'm going to like them, but I haven't seen them yet!

Those White Silver badges in your sig... are they available somewhere?

Stripes
See post #219 for a pic of Stella (page 9 for me) - I have the Clear 3M Bra - not compatible with stripes according to my MA (one or the other)

SW & White Silver Badges

You should be able to 'right click' and 'save image as' on your computer then import them using the Sig-O-Matic tool. PM me if you have an issue.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
You should be able to 'right click' and 'save image as' on your computer then import them using the Sig-O-Matic tool. PM me if you have an issue.
No, I meant if they're available as magnetic badges for the car. I saw a generic "sidewalk club" badge in an earlier link, but would like the white silver one if it exists.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Sidewalk Owners' Club Badge

Originally Posted by Cubfan
No, I meant if they're available as magnetic badges for the car. I saw a generic "sidewalk club" badge in an earlier link, but would like the white silver one if it exists.
Here's the magnetic Sidewalk badge available from Cooper Flags. Mine is on order...
http://www.cooperflags.com/ProductDetail.cfm?ID=235

Quick Reply: R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club