R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 AM
bradclark
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally!!!

This past weekend I finally got my first chance to drive my Sidewalk on a sidewalk!

Yeah, I got some looks, but all of them ended in big grins!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bradclark
This past weekend I finally got my first chance to drive my Sidewalk on a sidewalk!

Yeah, I got some looks, but all of them ended in big grins!
ok now this sounds like a great story, more details. How did you get to drive on the sidewalk????
any tips i should know about....

Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always thought that a golf cart path would provide a good photo op.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BunsenH
I always thought that a golf cart path would provide a good photo op.
hey yours looks like a match to mine except for the interior seats! Same packages!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
BunsenH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
hey yours looks like a match to mine except for the interior seats! Same packages!
Nearly twins....at least we're (pick of the) litter mates!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Cubfan
2nd Gear
OK, am I the only one who is dying to see lots of detailed photos of the Sidewalk with the black panther interior? Nearly ordered one myself when my malt-brown showed up.

C'mon, gemgirl... get out that camera!

Oops, I just checked out your gallery and saw some images. Nice! I want more, though.

Last edited by Cubfan; 07-23-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
bradclark
2nd Gear
ok now this sounds like a great story, more details. How did you get to drive on the sidewalk????
any tips i should know about....
Well, I was on the other side of the state visiting my parents and we decided to go to a local restaurant in a touristy little down on the big lake after church for brunch. We started driving through the (dirt) parking lot, which was very full, trying to find an empty spot. We got to the end of the row and I realized that people had parked right up to the edge of the lot and there was no place to turn around. It was then that I noticed the wide brick sidewalk extending along the edge of the lot up towards the restaurant. I looked at my wife, grinned and edged my way onto the sidewalk, past the row of cars and back onto the parking lot for another go-round. My parents were looking on in their minivan along with a few people standing around. First they all looked a bit shocked, pointed and then grinned!

I wish I had a picture, or better yet video, to share!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Cubfan
OK, am I the only one who is dying to see lots of detailed photos of the Sidewalk with the black panther interior? Nearly ordered one myself when my malt-brown showed up.

C'mon, gemgirl... get out that camera!

Oops, I just checked out your gallery and saw some images. Nice! I want more, though.
Ok I will get the camera out, you are correct I only have a few. Promise.

I just checked out my gallary and there are photos I didn't download, where did they come from and how do i remove them?
can anyone help me?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bradclark
Well, I was on the other side of the state visiting my parents and we decided to go to a local restaurant in a touristy little down on the big lake after church for brunch. We started driving through the (dirt) parking lot, which was very full, trying to find an empty spot. We got to the end of the row and I realized that people had parked right up to the edge of the lot and there was no place to turn around. It was then that I noticed the wide brick sidewalk extending along the edge of the lot up towards the restaurant. I looked at my wife, grinned and edged my way onto the sidewalk, past the row of cars and back onto the parking lot for another go-round. My parents were looking on in their minivan along with a few people standing around. First they all looked a bit shocked, pointed and then grinned!

I wish I had a picture, or better yet video, to share!

One word - BRILLIANT!
Had I been there watching, I would have started clapping for you!!! thanks for sharing!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
I just checked out my gallary and there are photos I didn't download, where did they come from and how do i remove them?
can anyone help me?
To delete photos from your Gallery you will first need to:
  1. click on the image that you want to remove.
  2. Then look down below your image and you will see a box marked Photo Details and Additional Info.
  3. Just below Additional Info you will see Admin Options and a link to Edit Photo.
  4. Click on Edit Photo and on the next screen you will check the box to the left of the words (CAREFUL - once it's gone it's gone)
  5. Once you have checked the box click on Submit Changes.
Hope this helps unless you were just kidding about not knowing how they got there.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
  2. Then look down below your image and you will see a box marked Photo Details and Additional Info.
  3. Just below Additional Info you will see Admin Options and a link to Edit Photo.
  4. Click on Edit Photo and on the next screen you will check the box to the left of the words (CAREFUL - once it's gone it's gone)
Hope this helps unless you were just kidding about not knowing how they got there.
thanks i will try this now, I was serious - i did not know who's photos they are!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OK am I crazy or what?? (Don't answer that!) Cabriopilot could you please go into my gallery and tell me how many photos you see? today (On my work computer) I see only mine (6), last night on my (personal) computer there was about 13 and some were blue and others were of someones stickshift!!! Someone tell me what they see???!!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
OK am I crazy or what?? (Don't answer that!) Cabriopilot could you please go into my gallery and tell me how many photos you see? today (On my work computer) I see only mine (6), last night on my (personal) computer there was about 13 and some were blue and others were of someones stickshift!!! Someone tell me what they see???!!!!
Right now I only see 6 but ask me again after Saturday night and I may be able to see double that amount.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Right now I only see 6 but ask me again after Saturday night and I may be able to see double that amount.
Have to be careful if you're seeing pictures of someone else's stick shift...

Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
BunsenH
6th Gear
I see 6 also. However, if you click on a photo, then use the 'more' function to scroll, your (everyone's) gallery seems to spill over to the next user. Forum bug?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I see 6 also. However, if you click on a photo, then use the 'more' function to scroll, your (everyone's) gallery seems to spill over to the next user. Forum bug?
what he said! your gallery only shows your shots when i look. i've kinda been amused by the others' shots surrounding mine....10 shots of a break pad, or dogs with their heads out the window, a door tweater, and hopefully not some fat guy in a too too! it's like a box of chocolates

Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Have to be careful if you're seeing pictures of someone else's stick shift...
Well I'll be... I've only had one beer and look what showed up in gemgirlpa gallery...

Well looks like BunsenH figured it out correctly. When you click on the More Pictures option it flows into the next members gallery.
In this case the stickshift apparently belongs to JanCoop.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
How do I fix this???? Come one guys, make it stop!!! what should i do??

But love all the comments, made me laugh out loud!!! thanks SPF!!

Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
I agree... forum bug

Old 08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
janetmc
2nd Gear
i guess the bugs scared everyone away, or the weather is great ad everyone is out taking advantage. except for those of us who have yet to take delivery. . . ....soon, tho, i hope.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Strangely, HoneyRyder has seen some quiet days lately, sitting patiently in the garage. The 100+ temps have kept us from pleasure motoring. Work and home chores have kept us busy as well.

We're looking forward to South Texas in the fall, all 12 days of it, to do some serious top down driving.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Quesera
Strangely, HoneyRyder has seen some quiet days lately, sitting patiently in the garage. The 100+ temps have kept us from pleasure motoring. Work and home chores have kept us busy as well.

We're looking forward to South Texas in the fall, all 12 days of it, to do some serious top down driving.
adjusting ride height and damping for track day tomorrow at the just completed nj motorsports complex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-19yFFIRw

then rmw cam goes in

no quiet days here....just having too much fun to post

good luck with the wait jane. if you haven't already, get "the italian job" to help kill some time

Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
while I was on my 6 week wait, I did purchase the "Italian Job" both the 1969 version and the 2002! Both great in their own! For me I can't say it helped passed the time away, it just made me want my mini more!!! But they are great movies!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
Originally Posted by oxtox
adjusting ride height and damping for track day tomorrow at the just completed nj motorsports complex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-19yFFIRw

:
That looks like fun!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
cxg
2nd Gear
Interior Question... I have seen a few sidewalks with panther leather, instead of Malt... pictures of three actually. 2 had the Malt trim on the steering wheel, one did not. I think the Malt (in photos) looks a little silly with the black seats. Anyone have it? what do you think? I am still waiting my mini, tied up at the VDC.

Quick Reply: R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club