R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 New aftermarket wind screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
blu jcw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting for Ev to work some magic and get my rear seat passengers some wind stoppage. So we are top up with the kids, and they are always in the car.

Ev can you make up something that wraps over the roll bars in the stretchy fabric, from drivers side right over to the passenger side. I do understand that wind will enter between the roll bar and rear of rear window. Some help is always better than none.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:40 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
My Mini has been in the shop for over 3 months now getting some custom work done. It started as only a couple of weeks and it has turned out into this waiting game.

Because of this, I have not been able to work on the rear windscreen at all. Now that winter is comming is always a good time to finish up those unfinished projects...

On a good note, the Mini is going to look incredible once I get it back.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
blu jcw
1st Gear
Any updates Ev? Did you ever get your baby back?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 AM
everytimeidie027
6th Gear
Originally Posted by brownflyer
My Mini has been in the shop for over 3 months now getting some custom work done. It started as only a couple of weeks and it has turned out into this waiting game.

Because of this, I have not been able to work on the rear windscreen at all. Now that winter is comming is always a good time to finish up those unfinished projects...

On a good note, the Mini is going to look incredible once I get it back.
I feel your pain, I had to wait 2 months just for a radiator and painted arches, and i took out a MINI radiator and put it back in in less that 6 hours, and that was my first try too.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by everytimeidie027
I feel your pain, I had to wait 2 months just for a radiator and painted arches, and i took out a MINI radiator and put it back in in less that 6 hours, and that was my first try too.
Patience, My little Grasshopper! None of the world's wonders were built in a day...

Nope, I still don't have it back. I stopped by his shop a couple of weeks ago and he had taken all the fender flares off and was sanding them. My jaw dropped to the floor!! for two reasons, I didn't want to pay for work I didn't want and I knew this would take longer to finish. However, he said he was doing this for free because he has had my car for sooooooooooo long. Not that it needed the flares re-painted but this guy is a total perfectionist. However, he told me a couple of days ago that it should be ready in the next 1 - 1 1/2 weeks.

On a positive side, I haven't put any miles on it for the last 5 months...

Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
blu jcw
1st Gear
Ev, got your baby back yet?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Nope, not yet. Although, I did see him a couple of days ago and he is soooo close now. I think if weather holds, he should be done next week. I'm so excited. I have to have it back so I can get it ready for AMVIV in March.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Feel your pain Ev... our baby is hibernating for the winter (however, just seeing the non-hibernating cabrios with SALT all over their tops makes me glad we're protective parents)

When you get the back seat wind deflector up let me know - we love the front seat one you made for us

Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Miniwuf
Neutral
I am interested in the winf screen sold by Brownflier. Do you have a link you can send me>

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Sidewalk07
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Miniwuf
I am interested in the winf screen sold by Brownflier. Do you have a link you can send me>
EV email is brownflyer2000@hotmail.com

Kevin

Old 02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Thanks Kevin,
Ev

I'll send you a PM Miniwuf.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Brownflyer makes an awesome product in his windscreen. What a great birthday present for my wife and her Cabrio. The only regret that I have is that I waited until she had her car for almost two years to get this. I would have to say it is the best mod I could have gotten for the Cabrio.

Tron Chief

Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM
miniblucabrio
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just got mine today. It works great! A top notch excellent product.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
hangmanjt
1st Gear
Ev,

Did you ever get your car back?

I'm still loving my wind screen you did an excellent job.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
GUAGS99
Neutral
Rear Screen

I know you've been without your Mini for a while, so I guess I know the answer....But did you ever work on that rear screen? If not, do you think you'll give it a shot??

Old 05-09-2009, 04:43 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by hangmanjt
Ev,

Did you ever get your car back?

I'm still loving my wind screen you did an excellent job.
Yes I did!!!

Here it is:

You can look in my gallery for more pics.

I have not worked on the rear screen since I got it, but it's high priority with me. My kids don't like the wind back there. So, it has to get done.

I will post on here once I've worked on it a bit more.
Ev

Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
GUAGS99
Neutral
Wow!

Soweet job on the exterior mods! I'll be lucky if the wife doesn't want to kill me for re-doing the stripes on mine!

I look forward to when you have something on the rear screen. My kids too are no fans of all that wind...but I have to admit I love as much air as I can get.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 AM
blu jcw
1st Gear
Ev-
I am ready to do it. Can you do the vinyl in blue with orange stitching? I have the same seats as you and would like to match it.

What are these options?
Headrest Adjusters---------------------------------$7
Seat Position Adjusters-----------------------------$7

Pm sent.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
blu jcw
1st Gear
Took delivery, went to New Hampshire with it, and it was sweet. The ride was so much more pleasant. It looks like it belongs there.

Great job Ev !!!

Now, I'm cracking the whip for that rear seat wind screen. The kids are jealous now.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
mikenaron
2nd Gear
I'll second the need for a rear seat wind screen...

Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 PM
R52WUF
1st Gear
I received my windscreen and installed it yesterday. Man, I love it. EV you really know what you are doing. Great workmanship!!!

My wife and I went out riding for a few hours today and the screen made a huge difference. Thanks a lot for your service. I rate the screen an A++

Last edited by R52WUF; 07-18-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
gilmoregirl
Neutral
Recent reviews of the brownflyer windscreen vs OEM?

I'm looking for reviews of this windscreen solution verses the facory solution.
Thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
R52WUF
1st Gear
I will be more than happy to share my insights on both of these screens. However, in the end you have to make the choice of which screen is right for you.

I researched wind screens for a few months. After reading the threads on NAM it was narrowed down that the 2 windscreens. For me it would either be the aftermarket screen by Brownflyer or the factory screen.

Now I had to pay close attention to price and durability. Over the years you will read that Brownflyer has make many improvements to his windscreen. This screen is made to individual perfection and works as well as the factory screen. I did say it works as well, not better.

The better part comes when you are still able to use your backseat where the factory screen takes that option completely away. If you want to remove the screen you just unzip from the headrests and store. The factory screen is bulky and really takes practice to fold and store. The aftermarket uses no storage space at all, where the factory screen is bulky to store.

Now for the kicker, price. Aftermarket is 1/2 the price of the factory screen. As I said earlier the aftermarket is not better than the factory screen but it is as good and has better craftmanship.

I hope this little bit of information helps.

For a side note, my wife and daughter watch Gilmore Girls on ABC Family everyday.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 AM
gilmoregirl
Neutral
Thank you so much for your reply! Much Appreciated!!!!

I'm live with my top down and HATE to ever put it up. Living in Southern California, it is a rarity that I have to put it - a few days a year. LOL

I do however, have a professional 9-5 job and must look the part, Mon thru Fri and have enjoyed the fact the the factory windscreen allows to putmy top down and still look very presentable when I arrive to the office.

So, all of that said to just get clarification......have you used the factory screen and then used the brownflyer screen?

I don't need one to better than the other just knowing that they are equal in the reduction of air is all i need to know. If that is the case then hands down the brownflyer one will win out --- simply because of the easr of use and it's a small business.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

PS --- my daughter and I LOVED the gilmore girls as well.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Hi Gilmoregirl,

In this thread I do a quick comparison on both deflectors, look at posting #15. But, pretty much the posting above summed up everything.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-opinions.html

Feel free to PM, email me or call me (707) 330-5823 with any questions.

p.s. I have sold a few windscreens to some southern cal minis. I can provide you with some references if you would like (ofcourse need to make sure I have their permission). One gal in particular has very long hair and drives top down 99.9% of the time. Also, here are a couple of emails I received from clients:

"I just wanted to thank you so much for designing and making this windscreen, it is just perfect. In all the years I've had convertibles, I never had a wind screen till now. Why did I ever wait so long?? It works wonderful.
Thank you again for such a great product!
Sharon"

"I ordered and received your excellent windscreen for our Cool Blue 06 Cabrio last June.
In July we put a 3800 mile trip together, 98% topless, and the windscreen was just awesome.
We made the loop from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, down to the Ft. Davis mountains in SW Texas, and back. Up through New Mexico, taking the Taos/Questa high mountain loop, and enjoying high altitude driving as much as possible.

Thanks for the great design, and for the opportunity to Really enjoy top down motoring.

Steve"

Last edited by brownflyer; 08-12-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: R52 New aftermarket wind screen