R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Are you getting one ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which dealer

which dealer? souithbay?
all the dealers i contacted are taking deposits on 'em
i'm shying away from MINI of SF.. but all else were @ MSRP

Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Only other MINI I would ever buy is a GP. After that I have all the MINIs I need.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 AM
steve cooper s
Neutral
Thinking about a 08 Clubman D for me.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 AM
korby
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rsunico
which dealer? souithbay?
all the dealers i contacted are taking deposits on 'em
i'm shying away from MINI of SF.. but all else were @ MSRP
Crevier

Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Jeff S.
3rd Gear
The dealer has my refunadable deposit---now all the decisions must be made!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:53 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
My dealer is taking pre-orders ( I was promised to get the FIRST clubman ordered) . However, the specs are still in the air. In Italy there is an offical presentation at the dealerships this week.

Last edited by lastrega; 10-23-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Skye2
3rd Gear
I have my deposit in and decided on dark silver. I don't know if I will get dark silver roof and mirror colors at this time.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
The U.S. introduction will be at the LA Auto show mid November. Hopefully the dealerships will start to get the brochures by then. I bought a British Clubman brochure through Ebay but it hasn't arrived yet. I also called my N. Scottsdale dealer as I'm no. 1 on their list. They are checking to see if they can alter any of the preconfigured cars scheduled to arrive for the Feb. 16th debut. None of the 6 variants match what I've settled on. We were also hoping they might offer the Mellow Yellow in the Clubman S, but I think it will remain available only in the Clubman model. Thus, my decision remains between the Laser Blue and the Chili Red, both with black stripes. I love the Lightning Blue, but already have a darker blue BMW so I think a change would be good.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Pressure Pressure! I want one. Not sure if I want a plain Cooper Clubman or Cooper S. I'm in Australia so its tough from here knowing what will be available stateside. Debating on Cooper or Cooper S clubman since I have to worry about higher Canadian petrol prices (I will only be in US long enough to get my stuff out of storage). So Feb 16 is the day they are sold on the market.. right?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Clubman availability

Feb. 16th is the day they should be at the dealerships, at least the first pre-specced ones. My dealer was going to see if they can change any of the pre-specs to fit an order for one of us on the list. I doubt that as Mini is adding the cold weather package at no charge as an incentive to buy the pre-specs.
I think that after the LA Auto show the brochures and pricing info will be out as that is when they are supposed to announce the official price--in between the Coupe and Convertible. Motoring File will announce the price as soon as it is released or posted somewhere else.
I'd like to know how the Chili Red and Laser Blue hold up in the Arizona sun. I do cover my cars, but still I know that the sun plays havoc with the silver metallic colors.
I think my dealership will be happy the day I get to order mine and later pick it up as I have emailed them with info they didn't even know yet. Makes me think I should be in there selling them.
On my last trip to Phoenix for my husband's doctor's appt I stopped by MINI Scottsdale to make sure I was still No. 1 on the list and to see if they had any info. They found my enthusiasm strange I guess as they later wrote me to tell me how much they enjoyed the different characters who love the MINIs. Not a problem. We are 110 miles from the city so it is always a treat for me to get to go look at the MINIs on the floor there. Always wish I could drive one of each home.
I am trying to contain my excitement so I don't have a cardiac when it finally arrives.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
lastrega
6th Gear
our clubman will be very simple as it will be the cargo MINI:

Just a cooper, no xenon lights, letherette, GPS, HK (??) LSD, DSC, cheapest wheels avail, heated seats. Can't decide on the colour...'tho

Last edited by lastrega; 10-25-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by korby
It's getting close ,I'll see one soon at the LA auto show and soon after orders will be taken .I am considering one ,It would be much more practical for my family ,I would also get the automatic ,my wife cant drive the stick she tried to learn theres just to many hills around here .I would love the MPG of the non S but I dont think I could give up the turbo .Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about having a Mini Clubman in there garage ?
I seriously thought about it, but very honestly...

If I wanted something more pratical than justacooper... I'd get a 335i Touring (ok, yeah, I know that's not an option right now... but if it were... hubba hubba )

If I wanted something more sporty... I'd get a Z4 ///M (or a Z4 3.5i if BMW would make it)

sorry, just if I wanted a Clubman, I'd want a JCW clubman and at nearly $40k, the competition is more appealing...

Dave

Old 10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I'm not into the Clubman, BUT I am excited about the car opening up MINI as a brand up to many more customers than before. People that may not have been looking at MINIs becuase of their size may be able to take a second glance because of that added space. While not neccesary for me (22 and single) the versatility should appeal to a much broader range of poeple.

Final conclusion:

Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Im thinking plain Cooper as well. Cold weather. Leatherette. Cruise. Front/Rear Fogs and DSC just to fill up the switches. Chili red. I gotta have the racing stripes though! LOL! No need to have a sunroof. Living in Australia has taught me to be wary of the sun (lots of sun cancer cases)

IS it crazy to order a car sight unseen from another continent for delivery on a future date when you think you'll be home? Argh! Or am I falling for the hype??

Last edited by rsunico; 10-25-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:08 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two tempting products from BMW

Considering one within the next year, only problem is I really want to see the new BMW 135i too as it must be one quick machine. as Oscar Wilde used to say, "I can resist anything, except temptation."

Old 10-25-2007, 06:42 AM
korby
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MGCMAN
Considering one within the next year, only problem is I really want to see the new BMW 135i too as it must be one quick machine. as Oscar Wilde used to say, "I can resist anything, except temptation."
The heart wants what the heart wants . - Woody Allen
At least it's not your step daughter .

Old 10-25-2007, 07:20 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MGCMAN
We might are going to say goodbye to one of our MINIs is the 1 is coming up.. the performance of the 335i in the little 135i . . one or two MINIs will go for sure !!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
whiff
1st Gear
Cloud10 - not to steal the thread, but how have you liked dealing w/n.scottsdale mini? I'm also in phoenix and thinking of buying from them. Will they be selling for sticker or are they planning any extra markup? thanks

Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Jekyll2000
1st Gear
At first I wasn't very impressed but it's starting to grow on me to the point I think this is going to be my next car.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Hubby's dream clubman: CR/W with white bonnet stripes and wood c-pillars.
Hubby's first car. BRG Morris woody.
We'd have our order in yesterday if they offered the white and wood!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Mini North Scottsdale is GRRRR-EE-AT!!

Originally Posted by whiff
Cloud10 - not to steal the thread, but how have you liked dealing w/n.scottsdale mini? I'm also in phoenix and thinking of buying from them. Will they be selling for sticker or are they planning any extra markup? thanks
Hi,
I love North Scottsdale Mini. They have never charged an extra markup on our cars, but that was dealing with the BMW part of the company downstairs. Over the years we have purchased a Z3, 2 M3s, and my 330 Ci convertible. They have never indicated there would be any extra markup. Penske owns them and I think it is a top-notch group.
The only problem we had was when my husband traded in his first M3 for the newer model with paddle steering. The problem was with the salesman who had told Rich to buy the bright blue, but when he turned it in the next year he told us that the car would not sell because of the color. He gave him a poor trade in when the car had been hardly used. We found out that the car was sold the next day, probably to someone who knew the car was going to be traded. Rich has muscular dystrophy and the salesman knew in advance that he would be trading for the paddle steering as soon as it was available
However, that salesman is long gone and all my other experiences there have been fantastic. They are very concerned with customer satisfaction and pride themselves on their service.
I've been dealing with Drew for the past two years waiting for the Clubman. I went in there about a month ago to see where I stood in the wait. Drew was not there, but Hilary and the other people were so nice to us. I picked up the latest brochures, some playing cards and a few other items. I found them extremely patient with our enthusiasm. I wish I could buy 10 cars from them as my experiences with test drives, etc., has been great.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:07 PM
whiff
1st Gear
thanks for in the info on N.Scottsdale - I'll give them a try when the clubman's get here. Of course after you get yours

Old 10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Clubman release in U.S.

Originally Posted by whiff
thanks for in the info on N.Scottsdale - I'll give them a try when the clubman's get here. Of course after you get yours
They are supposed to debut on February 16th, but you might want to call themand get on a list for information. I purchased a British brochure on Ebay for the Clubman, but I think the U.S. brochures will be available around the time of the LA Auto Show on Nov. 17th. That is the release date for info and pricing for the U.S. orders. Do I sound excited?? Just trying to keep it together until I can order (hopefully December for Feb. delivery). I am pretty sure it will be Chili Red with black as that would look better with the rear door trim. I never thought I'd get another red car, but it sure looks nice in a MINI, not too overwhelming in size. Plus I bought a red and black grille badge for Retired Racer (Greyhound) and it will look perfect on a red and black car. (It is the car I chose for the Greys.) Heckuva way to make a decision, but it beats flipping a coin I guess.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
sp_clark
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering...

...acquiring a Clubman, but I'd really like to see one in the metal first.

I moved into an R56 early in April this year (would have been earlier but the first order got screwed up & I refused taking delivery, had to re-order & wait another 6 weeks) & love it.

I drive a LOT though (just under 15K on the clock to date) & don't want to kill what resale value this '07 has by racking on as many miles as my '03 S had (100+K) when I finally got it unloaded.

First chance to see one will likely be '08's Auto Show in Chicago but it'd be another 8-12 weeks to get one built & delivered so April looks do-able if they're worth the move. I could use the extra space in back....

Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Westernwallflower
2nd Gear
I just saw the Clubman in the Palmbeach Post.... man, I can't stop thinking about it!