R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Are you getting one ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Jeff S.
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are coming

DealerOtto's Mini) in West Chester, Pa has advised me that on Monday, November 19th they will be able to place my order based on my spec. (Of course I will be out of the country until the following Monday) Good luck to all in orderingl

Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM
djam43
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I read that article too. Looks good.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Aonach
3rd Gear
Hey this thing is growing on me too. We moved into a 07 MCS in August. I absolutely love it.

I have been thinking my next car (the MCS is hers) would be a Mazda 3 5 door for the added room. (Thinking of a rug rat soon). Let's face it: the regular MINI is a bit difficult when it comes to putting your bag in the back seat. Even with the seat knocked forward, you really feel how short the car is when trying to reach into the back seat. Never mind actually trying to get in it...

So in examining the specs on this thing, it really is impressive (except for the starting price tag!):

53 cu ft storage w/ seats down (c/w 24 for the MC & 43 for the Mazda3)
the S engine
barely compromised performance
only 143 more pounds than the MCS
approx 155 in long (c/w 145 for MCS & 174 (yes 174) for the Mazda3)

& most importantly: it's a MINI.

Yeah the price is going to be hard to swallow even before optioning it up, but it could make the best compliment to your garage if you already own the MC or MCS. Let's face it, sometimes you need the room. We had trouble picking up our pregnant friend and her mom recently. It would be great to not have to think about that sort of stuff at times and not give up any / hardly any MPG or performance at the same time.

Looking at it hard.

Any other recs for cars that could compete?

Anyone heard of the official starting US price?

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm #1 on a dealer's interest list, but I'm going to be passing. Honestly, as much as I love the clubman, if I want a vehicle with more space than the Cooper, I'll get a full on wagon.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:44 AM
korby
6th Gear
*Reminder*The Clubman will be at the L.A, auto show !

Old 11-23-2007, 05:20 AM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dave
I'm #1 on a dealer's interest list, but I'm going to be passing. Honestly, as much as I love the clubman, if I want a vehicle with more space than the Cooper, I'll get a full on wagon.
I was keen at one point as well, but after building my lowest spec plain Clubman reached 23,500 I realised I could buy a new WRX wagon for that price. My Clubman S was about 26,000.

So I'm pondering if I should get one or get the Rex or wait for the Jetta Wagon TDI w/c is coming next year. I'd love diesel power and frugality.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 AM
cooperdclubman
Neutral
My Clubman arrives next Thursday 29th November...

...OK, I'm in the UK but it might be of interest!

This car is supplied and run for me my company and due to the punitive company car taxation here in the UK, based upon vehicle list price / CO2 emissions, I've gone for the Cooper D.

With the very low CO2 of the D (Prius category for taxation) I have been able to go crazy with the options and still avoid a heavy tax bill. I'm looking at the car as a BMW that's been through a shrink-wash.

Car is Pepper White (including roof and mirrors) with Hot Chocolate leather. I wanted the red leather as my wife's Cooper, but it's not availalbe in the Clubman - at least here in the UK anyway.

I've seen a Hot Chocolate paint in the flesh and it wasn't for me.

I'll post some pictures when the vehicle has arrived and we get a break in the rain.

Here's the full specification so all you North American ladies and gentlemen can rejoice at the cheaper prices you get!

MINI Cooper D Clubman £15,400.00
Exterior Pepper White £0.00
17" Crown Spoke Alloys (Part of CHILI Pack) £820.00
Roof in body colour £0.00
C-pillars in silver £0.00
Interior Lea Leather (Part of CHILI Pack) £680.00
Interior Trim Fluid Silver £100.00
CHILI Pack £2,015.00
Optional equipment
Dynamic Stability Control Standard
Multi-func. Steering Whl £0.00
Sport Leather Steer Wheel (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Remote Control Alarm Standard
Exterior Mirror Pack £170.00
Heated Mirrors/Washerjets £0.00
Comfort Access (Part of CHILI Pack) £360.00
Chrome-Line Interior £105.00
Chrome-Line Exterior (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Visibility Pack £220.00
Mirror Caps in BodyColour Standard
Panoramic Glass Sunroof £680.00
Luggage Compartment Pack £120.00
Darkened Rear Glass £120.00
Floor Mats (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror £0.00
Pass. Seat Height Adj. (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Front Centre Arm Rest £0.00
Sports Seats (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Storage Compartment Pack (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Front Seat Heating £205.00
Third Headrest Standard
Interior World Hot Chocolate £0.00
Colour Line Cream White £0.00
Additional Decor Rings £0.00
Flat Load Boot Floor (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Front Foglights (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Rain Sensor & Lights On £0.00
Bi-Xenon Headlights £465.00
Automatic Air Conditioning (Part of CHILI Pack) £230.00
On-Board Computer (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Interior Light Pack (Part of CHILI Pack) £0.00
Pass Airbag Deactivation 5DA Standard
Navigation System £1,395.00
Voice Control System £205.00
DAB Digital Radio £285.00
CD Preparation 694 Standard
Bluetooth with USB Audio £505.00
White Indicator Lenses £50.00
Universal Remote £150.00

Last edited by cooperdclubman; 11-24-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Well, the deed is done. After my two year wait I've ordered my Clubman S.
Through grueling hours of indecision I finally chose

Chili red with black roof and bonnet stripes
sport package
cold weather package
white indicator lenses
black leather seats
red color line
silver checkered dash
sport leather multi function steering wheel
sport seats
automatic transmission
10-speaker package
alarm

Not a lot of extras, just the things we thought were mandatory.
Had a hard time between Chili red, BRG and Laser Blue, but the dealer said the BRG is even darker this year so it knocked that out. I went with my heart for the red, just love the combo.

Whew! maybe now I can get some work done and get a full night's sleep, too. The order won't go in until the December pre-specs are done, but I'm still no. 1 at the dealership, so I must exercise patience and stay well until her arrival in late Feb/March???

Last edited by cloud10; 11-29-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: changed configuration
Old 11-25-2007, 09:52 PM
jupiterfish
2nd Gear
i had never considered it until tonight, but its perfect. i just had my first kid, didnt want to sell the mini which is getting to small. didnt want an suv. this is perfect.

my mini is for-sale now but i think i will wait until spring to sell and get one of these when they are more available. i love it. i already have an s4 avant so another wagon wont hurt

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 AM
cooperdclubman
Neutral
Mini arrived this morning - looks fantastic and the specification was correct aside from one fundamental aspect - the leasing company ordered in error a petrol rather than a diesel so alas I rejected it.

If any one is after a fully-loaded (and I mean fully loaded) Mini Cooper Clubman, there's a dealer near Oxford has one in the showroom now.

Just waiting for confirmation of another delivery date...

C'est la vie

Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Club_Me
Neutral
I think the Clubman will meet my need. Right now I have a Tacoma that I dd 50 miles r/t to work every day @ 17mpg. My fun car is a Miata... the wife has a Isuzu Rodeo. We have a 2 year old and I pick him up once a week from daycare. The extra side door is the only thing that will make this possible, I don't do yoga.

My thinking is to ditch the truck and Miata, get a Clubman so I can have economy and a fun car all in one.

Whatcha think?

BTW, hello from a newb.

Scott in Atlanta.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 AM
DaveloMA
1st Gear
Jetta TDi Wagon?

Hi. I'm curious to know where you heard about a Jetta TDi wagon, and when you heard it will be available in the US. I've only been able to find reports of a Jetta sedan TDi.

I'll need a new car for me and my stuff (mostly, my road bike; very occasionally wife and kids) soon, and I'm looking at the Clubman, Honda Fit, and Prius. Jetta TDi wagon would fit the bill quite nicely if it's available when it's time to open the check book.

Going to check out the Clubman at the New England Auto Show this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks!
David

Originally Posted by rsunico
I was keen at one point as well, but after building my lowest spec plain Clubman reached 23,500 I realised I could buy a new WRX wagon for that price. My Clubman S was about 26,000.

So I'm pondering if I should get one or get the Rex or wait for the Jetta Wagon TDI w/c is coming next year. I'd love diesel power and frugality.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:35 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
Order in..
Red on Red regular Cooper (no racing gigs w/ this MINI), cold ,sport package, GPS, Blue tooth, iPod, leatherette seats , parking sensors . HK stereo

1st Car that my husband and I will own together (interesting !!) . Now need to find a name and parking ..

Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
DaveloMA
1st Gear
"Google is your friend." Indeed. Found several references to the Jetta TDi Sportwagen, along with some disappointing information:
- won't be available in the states until (optimistically) Q3 '08, which is cutting it close for me, in terms of need
- might be priced out -- base model reputed to be mid$20k (I read $26k in one place; yowza!)
- not the prettiest ornament on the tree (very Saabish and Bimmerish; not that those are bad things; just that it's not very distinctive any longer)
- a bigger car than I really want

Hitting the New England Auto Show this weekend, and I'm excited to check out the Clubman and see how it stacks up with the Fit and a Jetta Sportswagen (if they have one on view).

David

Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
weeminiwee
Neutral
DaveloMA
Going to check out the Clubman at the New England Auto Show this weekend. Really looking forward to it.
Have fun going to the show! I would love to go, but sadly my bf is working all weekend evening shift and he also doesn't like the city, so he wouldn't go anyways probably:-( Eh guess I will have to see the clubman in person at a mini dealer once it comes officially to the u.s. next year then.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
cixuru
2nd Gear
I just put down my deposit last week on a BRG clubman S with silver...anybod in the UK seen if it looks good? This is my first mini -- supposed to come in on the first truck at the end of february....Here in SoCal I talked to two or three dealers who said they're planning on a $5K-$10K markup from MSRP, so I found an obscure dealership in my hometown in the southeast and will drive it back (slowly, lovingly). Very excited!! My dealer said they were only producing about 4K in 2008 for the US...anybody know if that's true?

Old 12-01-2007, 04:55 AM
korby
6th Gear
I could replace my paint truck with this .
http://www.motoringfile.com/2007/11/...n-cargo-cover/

Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Agemusic
1st Gear
I am thinking very strongly at this point this is my next car as well. Currently driving a Lexus RX330, I like the idea of a smaller, fuel efficient, just all around cooler ride. I am split between the regular or the S and will probably wait until I can test drive one to make that decision. But, with a one year old and some seriously big instruments to lug around, I think that the Clubman will be the Mini for me. Now if I could only see one in real life.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:24 PM
sprocket
Neutral
I'll be most likely getting a Clubman and trade in my good ol' 2003 Mini Cooper.

I have been looking for a long time for a slightly bigger car (mostly for the dog, camping gear, etc.), but couldn't find any car that is as much fun as the Mini, because, well, the "rest" really just looks like same, no?

The Clubman is a godsend for me. I am getting one. Probably mid-next year.

BTW, I'll get mine also at Otto's in West Chester or at Mini of the Main Line - not sure yet.

Does anyone know, if there will be a Haynes or Bentley manual for the Clubman?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
Order is In!

I'm in, and going all out for my first MINI. I got my production number from Long Beach Mini last week.

I've ordered the Dark Silver Clubman S with Black roof/mirrors/c-pillars
Splurging for the premium, cold weather, and convenience packages, along with Lounge Carbon Leather and Navigation.

After several possible configurations, and a visit to the LA auto show, I'm ready to make the clubman my own. I, for one, am thrilled about this addition to the lineup. I was tempted to buy a hatch while I was shopping for my last car, but just couldn't accept the lack of space. This should be perfect!

I hope I love having the Nav, because I'm pretty good with the Thomas Guide, so this might just be a $2000 speedometer upgrade if I don't! (ouch!)

So, now all I have to do is find a way to be patient as I await its arrival... until then, I have NAM. I hope it will hold me over till then.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 AM
bcshred
Neutral
I'm in too. Just ordered mine in Laser Blue with silver roof and bonnet stripes. Loaded it up with premium, sport, cold weather. Carbon black leather. Hi to everybody. Just joined the forum.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
KILRBEE
Neutral
I have a deposit on one, but have no idea when I'll see anything. They are going to let me know when I give them my l o n g list of options. I think the clubman is going to be really big.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:19 PM
cixuru
2nd Gear
I have a question -- my dealer told me the last day to submit orders for february delivery is december 15th...each dealer has a set number allocated for their dealership for the first batch. So if Dealer X is allocated 2 Clubmans and 1 Clubman S, and you have a deposit and option ordered, it will arrive the last two weeks of february.

Anybody know if that's true for all the pre-orders? I've heard people talking of their production number, and wonder if other folks are getting precise arrival information..

(eager to get my one-way ticket to pick up the baby and drive her home...)

Old 12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cixuru
Anybody know if that's true for all the pre-orders? I've heard people talking of their production number, and wonder if other folks are getting precise arrival information..
I don't have an estimate on the delivery date yet. My MA told me it would probably be in Feb, but I'm still not able to log in to the owners lounge on miniusa.com with my production number. They told me it takes a few days to get that set up... they were able to confirm my order is in the system, though.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
cixuru
2nd Gear
That's very helpful...my dealer received my deposit today via mail, and I will ask him about a production number. I didn't know about the owner's lounge and the ability to confirm orders in the system. I'm a little anxious about it all going well because I've never bought a new car before, and because I'm surprised at how much I've already bonded with a currently non-existent hunk of metal. :-) My husband and I will have to drive it back across the country from Nashville to SoCal...excited to get to spend five or six whole days in the car!

So we're assured that we will actually receive the exact car we've spec'd out online?

(as you can see, I have control issues haha)