R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Are you getting one ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007 | 09:02 AM
Futures10
Neutral
Originally Posted by club(wo)man
I think I might but one of those "I have one and you don't" MINI tee-shirts, just so I can wear it around when I pick this baby up. but then again, maybe, I don't really need to spend any money between now and then... I had a hard time saying no to the packages... good thing you couldn't add a Kitchen Sink... I mighta done it.

Do you think it's going to be a problem... all those people gawking at our crazy little cars?
It will, as soon as people see one on the street. Take me as example, I never drive a Mini before and never consider buying one. I drive a E350 wagon (190 ft vs. 155 ft ). But when I see clubman in LA auto show, I feel that's the perfect car for me with its MPG and small footprint, plus my son liked it very much and picked Lightning Blue for his new ride. I called up dealers after the show, and ordered one before it gets too hot... You have to see one in person to appreciate the added efficiency of Mini Wagon. By the way, I just like wagon... so I think it will get really hot when it hits the dealership and on the street.

Old 12-12-2007 | 01:37 PM
Skye2
3rd Gear
The Mini Owner's Lounge site is working correctly. It does not take me to the BMW site anymore.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:45 AM
Mr. Cooper
1st Gear
I'm going to see the first 4 Clubman's I ordered in the 3rd week of Feb.

Old 12-14-2007 | 06:13 AM
cooperdclubman
Neutral
Again, sorry for the quality of the images, but it's that grey UK sky again!

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:50 AM
korby
|
6th Gear
^^^^ That looks perfect !

Old 12-15-2007 | 05:20 PM
Agemusic
1st Gear
Well, I did it. Pre-ordered, deposit down on a straight up Clubman, Hot Chocolate with Black roof / mirrors. Added the convenience and cold weather packages, plus auto a/c and xenon lights and a few other dodads that escape me at the moment. Of course, this is all pending a test drive which I am told I will get to do on Feb 16th or so. I don't recall ever being jazzed like this about buying a new car.

Old 12-15-2007 | 05:49 PM
teachinkids
3rd Gear
That is a great color combination, CooperD!

Old 12-19-2007 | 10:32 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
I'm "scheduled for production"!!! Yay!!!

Today, my MA told me it's scheduled for the week of 1/8/08. Less than three weeks from today! Anyone else have details?

Last edited by club(wo)man; 12-20-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more information to add from dealer
Old 12-23-2007 | 03:56 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
3 weeks ago put an order for a '08 Cooper S Clubman. The spec is fairly simple:

- 6 speed automatic transmission
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Hot chocolate/Silver roof
- 16" Bridge Spoke wheels and runflats
- Black/silver leatherette
- Gotham Grey door cards
- Rear fog Light
- MINI iPod Adaptor

We already have a production number but the car is still not showing up as scheduled for production. The dealer has a mid-February delivery date.

Old 12-23-2007 | 05:39 PM
Jeff S.
3rd Gear
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After placing a deposit in Sept, I held off after reviewing an item in motoringfile.com that the JCW Stage 2 would be introduced in June, 2008. I prodded Otto's MINI mgr to try and get info from MINIUSA. We can be persistent pains, can't we. However the latest dealer info says that (at this time) the only JCW parts that will be available will be the strut brace and carbon fiber accessories (big deal). Therefore, CARPE DIEM, I placed my order: Clubman S, CB/S, premium, cold weather, convenience, sport, lsd, lounge hot chocolate, driving lamps, mud flaps, JCW strut brace, sport stripes and R108 wheels. Of course, betweeen now and delivery (supposedly in March) I have to sell two cars (2001 Audi TT roadster with 15,000 miles and a 2006 Volvo S60) and find all the other goodie add-ons out there. Anyone have any suggestions to tastefully individualize this incarnation. Anyone have any info as to aftermarket companies adapting their products for the Clubman?

Happy Holidays to all of you and now I can dream of sugar plum fairies and my new 5 door go-kart!

Old 12-25-2007 | 09:09 AM
ptpiz
1st Gear
Placed an Order

I just put my security deposit down for a MINI Clubman, pretty much fully loaded with chrome and a bunch of accessories, so I felt it necessary to join the forum!

My car is in the January production. The dealer says they should arrive late February or early March. I am excited! I am thinking late February was said just to get my hopes up, but we will see....

Old 12-25-2007 | 10:07 AM
FLORA BLUE
6th Gear
Originally Posted by korby
It's getting close ,I'll see one soon at the LA auto show and soon after orders will be taken .I am considering one ,It would be much more practical for my family ,I would also get the automatic ,my wife cant drive the stick she tried to learn theres just to many hills around here .I would love the MPG of the non S but I dont think I could give up the turbo .Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about having a Mini Clubman in there garage ?
Yes, I am seriously considering getting a Clubman. I don't look at it as any more different than the MINI convertible. It is still a MINI.... Micki

Old 12-28-2007 | 04:50 PM
Clubmanbound
2nd Gear
Finally a member of the MINI family!!!!!

Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered the clubman today. I have wanted a MINI for years, but felt it was just a bit too small. I think this will be perfect for my uses. The dealer says it should be about six weeks, but I can't believe it will be that soon. Laser Blue S/Blue roof/Black C-pillars/Hot Choc leather/Prem and Cold Weather Pkg/LSD/Xenon Lights/Hi Def Radio. This forum helped tremendously!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Old 12-28-2007 | 06:03 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Nice spec. Laser Blue and Hot Chocolate seats? That is interesting...would like to see that