R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 No Clubman in San Francisco Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007 | 12:48 PM
martinbs
|
2nd Gear
No Clubman in San Francisco Auto Show

From my MA I have heard that MINI USA will not have a Clubman at the show.

I am very disappointed and angry that MINI USA does not think enough of Northern California to bring the Clubman to the SF Auto Show. I counted 15 MINIs on a 1/2 mile walk to a local park. There is probably no greater density of MINI customers than in San Franciscs. (OK I'm bragging)

Is there any way to change MINI USAs mind? Registering a complaint with the customer service department will not go far I am afraid.

Old 11-14-2007 | 01:07 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
That's a bummer. I'll bet it won't be here at the San Diego Auto show either... I should call Brecht and find out.

Donna

Old 11-14-2007 | 01:17 PM
freez3
4th Gear
From: United States of America, Ohio, Stark County, Uniontown
Better be one at Detroit or else they're like the landing on the moon...
is there really a clubman or is photoshop... mmmmm.

Old 11-21-2007 | 10:09 PM
TheWrks
Coordinator :: Michigan MINI Motor Club
It's here well 2 "Clubmans" I'm working the show for Chevy
Come on over an say HI

Well I just got a good look at the New Clubman here at the San Fran auto show.

The Rear seat has plenty of leg room A 6ft person was in the front, very impressed with that.
The Rear opening side door has a solid feel to it, with a good solid thud when closing. Getting in and out could not of been any better.
The Rear barn doors have a strut dampeners to assist with the opening, I had to give them a good solid swing to latch them. they are rather small doors. The plastic trim on both the Rear side door and the Barn doors have a good tight fit.
The "Boot" is a little bigger in volume and it has a folding lower shelf and another tray which hides the spare tire for the cooper, so the "S" has extra storage
I was apprehensive having the rear light assembly fixed the the body (IE R56 head lights) but they do not look out of place.

From the 15min I was at the MINI display, I can say that I'm real happy with the "Clubman"

I will report on the Blind spots tomorrow (late as I don't start work until 7pm MI time)

Before you ask I do not have my camera with me I could take some with my cell phone but I dont have my USB cord with me

Scott