R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some lucky person HC/Blk Clubman arrived at the dealer today in NNJ anyone here? Wasen't mine so I sent the driver back to go look for it maybe tomorrow?

Last edited by Mr Ray; 09-16-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Just took delivery on HC/Blk/Blk Clubman this past Saturday. Any instructions on signing up for the HC Club?

More pics coming this weekend.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hoorayyyyyy!!!! Welcome to the club!

This thread is in serious need of some new HC Clubbie pics!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Little Bean
3rd Gear
my Little Bean is here!!!

Well I had to call my MA to find out. but he is here and waiting impatiently for me. Going on saturday. Ma faxed a copy for me a d the price includes a bike rack but didn't put I. the orginal order. dam. now I gotta bum a bike.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Thank you for the welcome.

Still figuring out how to insert pics into text. In the meantime, click on my "gallery". More pics this weekend.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
chris.dg
1st Gear
About to join the club!

Hello,

Delurking here...

Well, after a couple of months of contemplation, I ordered my 2009 Clubman S this past weekend! I finally found a relatively local dealer here in the SF Bay Area that was willing to drop the $2500-$3500 dealer markup for this car.

These are images of my Clubbie via the Configurator:

convenience package, sport suspension, chrome line interior, english oak, sirius, 10-speaker HiFi, Leather Lounge HC.

MA approximates mid-November (6-weeks) delivery.

I'll post real pictures when it arrives.

Cheers,
-Chris

Last edited by chris.dg; 09-30-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tim781996
Good to hear... I work in SoPo
Hey Tim, I noticed you were from ME and have been wanting to ask a few questions about your Clubman experience, but when I see you work in SoPo, I was forced out of lurking status. I also work in SoPo.
I'm very close to placing my order; just need to find time to get to Peabody and see what they'll give me for a trade. If not good enough, I can't figure out how I'll sell my car and be without for several weeks while waiting for the order.
Some of my concerns are driving in our winters, getting service (including any warranty issues) from a dealer that's 90 miles away, how is Peabody to deal with (assuming that's where you went)?
Enough for now!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Little Bean
3rd Gear
Help Emergency!!!! I just received a call from the sales manager from Mini Annapolis. They were calling me back as I wanted 100% verification that Little Bean was in. Well, it is but its wrong...... Anthracite head liner is not there, it is the lighter color. Also, they did not do the black rear pillars and I guess the side mirror covers, etc. My orig. order was HC, HC roof, with blck pillars and mirrors to match. They want to make it right but now they have to wait to hear from Mini direct and get the parts in. No time estimate. Any suggestions? Should I take it as is or make them fix? And then what would be reasonable to ask for something for my trouble of having to wait longer? One more thing, One more thing, when i first did my config, it was for a 2008 model. Then they asked me to re config as i was going to get a 2009. So now find out that there is the rack and bike rack on there. Does anyone know if the rack / bike rack are a permanent install? The manager was not sure...Help need to give them an answer soon.
Frijolito

Old 09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Hey Little Bean did you go see the car? Mine came in with minor mistakes and they just ordered the parts said it should be about a week. Will they let you accept it and fix it later when the parts come in? They have a form to fill out that lists what they owe you. What interror did you get? The light headliner might look good with it and save you $200.00.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chris.dg
Hello,

Delurking here...

Well, after a couple of months of contemplation, I ordered my 2009 Clubman S this past weekend! I finally found a relatively local dealer here in the SF Bay Area that was willing to drop the $2500-$3500 dealer markup for this car.

convenience package, sport suspension, chrome line interior, english oak, sirius, 10-speaker HiFi, Leather Lounge HC.

Cheers,
-Chris

Chris,

Very NICE!

I, too have the HC/Blk roof/Blk pillars (no S). Getting a lot of appreciative stares on the street. Contrasting leather, etc looks great. I kept with std. interior to keep price point down so I can afford 2nd Mini in future.

Looking forward to your pics. There is also a Flickr site you can join and post on - http://www.flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/

Sounds like you got a lower price than usual - very unusual!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Little Bean
Help Emergency!!!! I just received a call from the sales manager from Mini Annapolis. They were calling me back as I wanted 100% verification that Little Bean was in. Well, it is but its wrong...... Anthracite head liner is not there, it is the lighter color. Also, they did not do the black rear pillars and I guess the side mirror covers, etc. My orig. order was HC, HC roof, with blck pillars and mirrors to match. They want to make it right but now they have to wait to hear from Mini direct and get the parts in. No time estimate. Any suggestions? Should I take it as is or make them fix? And then what would be reasonable to ask for something for my trouble of having to wait longer? One more thing, One more thing, when i first did my config, it was for a 2008 model. Then they asked me to re config as i was going to get a 2009. So now find out that there is the rack and bike rack on there. Does anyone know if the rack / bike rack are a permanent install? The manager was not sure...Help need to give them an answer soon.
Frijolito

Do you have copy of the "Production Order"? This is what your dealer sent to factory. If the order says one thing and you got another - you have leverage. If the dealer screwed up the order, that is a different situation - you have leverage with the dealer, but not the factory. I had a good dealer, but several salesman; some dropped the ball and if I had not stayed on top of them, the factory order would have been messed up.

Depending on what happened, the choice is yours as to (1) go with what you've got (2) change it via new parts, re-painting, etc. (3) tell them to make/ship them what you ordered in the first place.

The big question is "How much did you want this Mini built to what you wanted?" not some car off the lot. Our Mini is what we wanted, not someone elses idea - that's the whole point of the Min ordering system.

Your call.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PA Clubman
Thank you for the welcome.

Still figuring out how to insert pics into text. In the meantime, click on my "gallery". More pics this weekend.
Sweet PA Clubman- Sweet

Funny, I was looking at your pix and kept saying to myself, wow... that looks like PA- Those old stone buildings are a dead giveaway- It wasn't until I read your post that I noticed your name... duh!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Little Bean
3rd Gear
PA Clubman.
It seems as thought production people made the mistake, car came in the this way but not ordered this way nor how i ordered it. Secondly want to know if the bike rack ='s roof rails and is permanently installed.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
looks like you got it from mini of the mainline in pennsyltucky.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
If it's the roof rails as in the pics up the page, those are permanent. If it's the MINI roof rack (look in the Clubman section, there's a long thread), then it's removable. But, if it's the rack and they haven't charged you for it...

Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Little Bean,

Ours (see my gallery) has the roof rails - definitely permanent. Accessories should be coming out shortly.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Sweet PA Clubman- Sweet

Funny, I was looking at your pix and kept saying to myself, wow... that looks like PA- Those old stone buildings are a dead giveaway- It wasn't until I read your post that I noticed your name... duh!
Yep, just outside of Philly. Lots of stone in these parts.

By the way, where can I get an HC Club logo for my signature?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Moxie2009
Neutral
I wanna join...

How do I get to be an official member of the Hot Chocolate Owners Club? )

Awaiting delivery (in 3rd day of production) of my 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Hot Chocolate with Black from Mini of Pittsburgh. Her name is Moxie!

Our first exciting distance motoring adventure will be to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Here's a link to the Official Hot Chocolate Owner's Club... Just ask to join and you'll be given a number and can tell you were to find your badge

Welcome!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=120732

Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
BTW- Moxie, do you know that you're not only an ability... you're also a drink (famous in Maine)

Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PA Clubman
By the way, where can I get an HC Club logo for my signature?
The logos are on either the first or second page of this thread.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Chris,

You have a beautiful Clubman on it's way! Of course I am partial to several of your choices...

Congrats to you, and can't wait to see the real pics when it arrives!

Originally Posted by chris.dg
Hello,

Delurking here...

Cheers,
-Chris

Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
doh... I've got so many threads open at once I totally forgot I was ON the OHCOC thread...
must get some sleep... or some chocolate
(leaves room banging head against desk!)

Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Moxie2009
Neutral
I am from Maine...so I am Moxie x 3 = I have it, I drink it and I'm going to Drive it!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Another Mainer! Great! Welcome to the club. Where in Maine are you from?

Quick Reply: R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club