R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Completed my first Prima detailing yesterday, and am thrilled with the results. Dawn wash, claybar with Glide, wash, Amigo, Banana Gloss. Also did Black WOW on the trim. Only took 5.5 hours! But man, was it worth it.
Looks Great! did mine with epic dosent look as good as yours. Did you use a PC or do it all by hand. how long did you wait before applying the banana gloss.

Must have been a car washing weekend

Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
Looks Great! did mine with epic dosent look as good as yours. Did you use a PC or do it all by hand. how long did you wait before applying the banana gloss.

Must have been a car washing weekend
Thanks Mr Ray!

I did it all by hand. (yeah...neck and shoulders are a little tight today! )

I didn't use Epic, but am thinking of getting it and using it before the cold weather sets in. After completing the Amigo, I went straight to the Banana Gloss. Applied it to the entire car, then wiped it off.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Wow - that is one heckuva shiny Clubman!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Completed my first Prima detailing yesterday, and am thrilled with the results. Dawn wash, claybar with Glide, wash, Amigo, Banana Gloss. Also did Black WOW on the trim. Only took 5.5 hours! But man, was it worth it.

Hey Lady G.... Very, very nice, but that's expected of you!

BTW, you decided to choose Prima products - how do you like them and what made you decide Prima over Zainos?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Joep
Hey Lady G.... Very, very nice, but that's expected of you!

BTW, you decided to choose Prima products - how do you like them and what made you decide Prima over Zainos?
Thank you, my friend!

I LOVE these Prima products. I was going to do the Zaino, but was talking to a friend that had used both. He liked the Zaino, too, but said the Prima was also excellent. So, I just decided to go with Prima and I am very, very pleased.

I had to go out this morning and run a bunch of errands before work, and I dare say that she looks even better today than yesterday. Not sure how that could be possible, but WOW, she looks smashing. She got a LOT of heads turning today!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread hasn't been bumped in a while

I got some new parts from the exterior chromeline installed and went out for some shots

Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
dude ... very nice as usual.
surprised to see the chrome mirror caps?!!? ... i thought you were against too much chrome.

it does give the car a nice balance though

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lurch70
dude ... very nice as usual.
surprised to see the chrome mirror caps?!!? ... i thought you were against too much chrome.

it does give the car a nice balance though
I'm not one of the chrome haters that seem so common these days. I'm just against too much of anything (even too much "blacking out"), but with the polished lips and stuff I think I've found a good balance. Everything looks good in moderation. I don't have plans to add any more though which is why I avoided the chrome line exterior. I wanted the lower grille and mirrors, but I felt that the chrome fog light surrounds and rear bumper bumps were just too much chrome and it overpowered the car.

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 10-27-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM
jgraham
1st Gear
Very nice!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Dressed up Lady G as a Chocolate Lab for the Smoky Mountain MINIs "Boo Run" this weekend in Gatlinburg TN. What a blast we had!!

I know what you all are thinking...stop it! That is her TAIL!

Also notice her new personalized lisc. plate that just arrived on Friday! WOO HOO! (Thanks to Ben for the great photo!)

Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Dressed up Lady G as a Chocolate Lab for the Smoky Mountain MINIs "Boo Run" this weekend in Gatlinburg TN. What a blast we had!!

Also notice her new personalized lisc. plate that just arrived on Friday! WOO HOO! (Thanks to Ben for the great photo!)
Why do you do this to me? Why? But since you are such a dear friend, I will not make any "remarks" that could be contrued as negative. Lady G looks wonderful as a chocolate lab. One of my favorite dogs. She looks sweet (pun intended) and I love the tag! I can't wait for mine to come in.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear

I could not WAIT for you to see it!!! Woooooo, so damn funny.

Thanks, Joep!

Why do you do this to me? Why? But since you are such a dear friend, I will not make any "remarks" that could be contrued as negative. Lady G looks wonderful as a chocolate lab. One of my favorite dogs. She looks sweet (pun intended) and I love the tag! I can't wait for mine to come in.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Oh what a beautiful sighting!

Coming back from lunch today I looked over to the westbound lane and I saw a HC/S with sport stripes running down the entire Clubman. I was caught off guard. I rubber necked it so bad that I thought I was going to wreck. It's been a while since I've seen a Clubman in the wild!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear

Too funny - I almost spewed liquid all over my keyboard and monitor! And I promise I stopped it as soon as you told me too - her "tail" and tag look great!!! No doubt you had a fabulous time!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Coming back from lunch today I looked over to the westbound lane and I saw a HC/S with sport stripes running down the entire Clubman. I was caught off guard. I rubber necked it so bad that I thought I was going to wreck. It's been a while since I've seen a Clubman in the wild!
I'm almost jealous; I still haven't seen one...and it's been more than 6 mos. since delivery!!! (And for the record, I'm a waver! )

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 10-27-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
*giggle*

Thank you, fellow 3DogDepot!

Joep--congrats on the HC sighting!! That is how I felt yesterday when that AB/S Clubbie pulled up to us!

Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Too funny - I almost spewed liquid all over my keyboard and monitor! And I promise I stopped it as soon as you told me too - her "tail" and tag look great!!! No doubt you had a fabulous time!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
lurch70
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
I'm not one of the chrome haters that seem so common these days. I'm just against too much of anything (even too much "blacking out"), but with the polished lips and stuff I think I've found a good balance. Everything looks good in moderation. I don't have plans to add any more though which is why I avoided the chrome line exterior. I wanted the lower grille and mirrors, but I felt that the chrome fog light surrounds and rear bumper bumps were just too much chrome and it overpowered the car.
that lower grille chrome trim is the best thing ever, it works so great on your car.

agreed about the rear bumper pieces ... althouhg I was driving behind OTRA's new PS/B Clubman yesterday and they are not that "obvious" if you will depending on the body color you have ... and I also noticed they have some pretty cool reflective abilities

but yeah in general, I feel today's cars have too much painted plastic and not enough gleam.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lurch70

agreed about the rear bumper pieces ... althouhg I was driving behind OTRA's new PS/B Clubman yesterday and they are not that "obvious" if you will depending on the body color you have ... and I also noticed they have some pretty cool reflective abilities
Oh yah, they look great on a PS since it flows so much better

Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
This thread hasn't been bumped in a while

I got some new parts from the exterior chromeline installed and went out for some shots

Rally,

I was never one for lowering a car that much (relatively speaking), but the more I look at your car the more (and more) I like it. The stance with the extra length really does make it sweet. Very cool!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks good, Lady G. I'd never have thought it was anything O/T a tail unless you had suggested...

Now, you need the "Clubman" plate frame.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
tim781996
6th Gear

I think I see a peanut stuck in that tail.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tim781996
I think I see a peanut stuck in that tail.
Maintain my composure! Maintain my composure!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
Looks good, Lady G. I'd never have thought it was anything O/T a tail unless you had suggested...

Now, you need the "Clubman" plate frame.

Thanks hoonu! I don't buy that for one second. Yep, I do want that plate frame, too.

Maintain my composure! Maintain my composure!!
...been waiting for you to see that!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:57 AM
DizzyTT
2nd Gear
I ordered my Hot Chocolate Clubman on Saturday, got a wk 45 slot, got the message monday morning that it is going into production early! Can't wait to get it now...

Quick Reply: R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club