R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 AM
milestones
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new as of yesterday

I would like to join the hot chocolate owners club too

posted these in the pics thread as well so sorry for the redundancy...

Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 AM
papatoots
1st Gear
You have a Clubman. It appears Clubmans are not excluded. I, on the other hand, have a Cooper, "justacooper," the model Cooper that most exemplfies the Coopers of yore, though still too large to do that exactly, and, in addition to that, I have the 50th Anniversary Edition, the Mayfair, the Bentley of the Coopers in 2010.

elaine
ps: I have to find the correct forum. I am in the wrong place.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, fancy meeting YOU here!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by papatoots

elaine
ps: I have to find the correct forum. I am in the wrong place.
You have a HC MINI. You are in the right place.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
papatoots
1st Gear
I just noticed you are from Ashville, NC. I will look you up at MOTD.

I just uploaded what seemed like a bazillion photographs of COCONIB. I have no idea where they went. When I click on "Gallery" in my posting area, it says there are no pictures.

Any direction you can give would be greatly appreciated.

elaine (aka) papatoots

Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Here's some FAQ that might help: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...aq_member_item

Originally Posted by papatoots
I just noticed you are from Ashville, NC. I will look you up at MOTD.

I just uploaded what seemed like a bazillion photographs of COCONIB. I have no idea where they went. When I click on "Gallery" in my posting area, it says there are no pictures.

Any direction you can give would be greatly appreciated.

elaine (aka) papatoots

Old 11-18-2010, 08:28 AM
papatoots
1st Gear
elaine aka papatoots

I looked only briefly at your link, but it is sure to guide me through what I need; if not, I will send up another S.O.S. Could be that my photograph was too large or that I got over-exuberant and did upload literally a bazillion, which is over our quote.

elaine

Old 11-21-2010, 03:07 AM
indimini
4th Gear
Hello folks. We just added a HC Clubman to our fleet yesterday. I've owned an 02 MC, and still drive and love my 05 MCSC. However, after last winter's nightmarish weather on the East Coast, we decided that something a little more practical for winter conditions was needed to ensure the MCSC lasts a good long time.

After looking at practically every vehicle on the market, and thinking the Clubman was too much $$ for what would essentially be a 3rd car, we just couldn't leave the MINI family. My wife fell in love w/ HC back when it was first introduced and is thrilled to have a MINI in the fleet she can use for her commute, switching off w/ her main vehicle (a Hyundai Santa Fe.)

This MINI was a new experience for us as we bought from one off the lot vs. spec'ing our specific wants -- wanted to take advantage of the special November financial offers. Other than no Xenons or auto dimming mirror, the car's got everything we could ask for. I've driven some of the 2nd gen as loaners while my cabrio was in for service and had mixed feelings. I have to say though, that the 2nd gen mid-cycle refresh corrects a lot of the things I didn't like.

Anyway, enough babbling. Just wanted to introduce myself to the HC crowd. It's been a long time since I last posted on NAM - looking forward to getting back with the community.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Welcome back!

We look forward to seeing your new "baby".

Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 AM
peter_s
1st Gear
Maybe I should join in here as well

Attached Thumbnails Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club-2010-05-22-01-small.jpg   Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club-20101010-06.jpg   Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club-20101010-05.jpg  
Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Niiiiiiice!

Here's one just for fun.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
T&CMCSa
4th Gear
Membership update. Welcome papatoots, GtownMini, milestones, indimini, and peter s.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got my garage lounge finished over the summer. It's heated, so in these Michigan winters, I have a living room with my Clubman in it. My friends call it a man-cave, but my wife enjoys it too.
It sure makes it easy to keep Cocoa Cooper clean, and to enjoy the interior as a music lounge.
There's more in the gallery

Last edited by TorchMINI; 12-04-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: photo too small
Old 12-04-2010, 03:46 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
One more- garage living

Now that I have the photo routine worked out- here's one of my dogs in the garage. They come out with me every evening for versions of fetch, or -find the ball.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
lisdexic driver
3rd Gear
Day two of ownership, Double Chocolate, loving the way it looks, loving the way the turbo drives even more.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 AM
rpagington
Neutral
I currently have an 05 cooper yellow with a white top. IT has been a great car. I am looking at a 2008 Clubman Chocolate with a black roof and mirrors. 2 questions, 1. I looked at the car fax and the car has been serviced 5 times but it does not say what for. Does anyone know if my local dealer can tell me what those were for if I call them with the vin? 2. This car has a black interior but I have seen some with a special chocolate interior. What was that special interior called? Thanks!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:30 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Yes, the dealer should be able to tell you that info.

The choc interior is called "Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather". It's beautiful.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
rpagington
Neutral
Thanks LadyG I will give them a call and thanks for the info on the interior. Now to see if I can work a deal on the car and join this forum.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
Picked up my '11 Clubman S today! My '08 Justa Clubman was totalled by insurance, so I had to have another clubbie.

Double chocolate w/ hot chocolate lounge leather, cream color line & walnut, piano black, and everything except convenience and nav. Chromeline interior, anthracite headliner, black door panels. I LOVE the looks of this car. This is what I wanted in '08 but couldn't justify the cost.

Instead, I paid $24,500 for my Justa, drove it for 2 1/2 years (not quite 30K miles), and insurance (State Farm - ) cut me a check for $21,453!!!! I just couldn't pass this car up!

Taking it back tomorrow to have my black grill and 18" JCW's transferred, kept all my other goodies (center-mounted Hellas for lower grill, JCW strut brace, and some interior storage goodies, plus mud flaqps F&R) to put on this one. I'll black out the beltline, and already have headlight rings and door handle covers being sprayed in body color. Plus, my Magnaflow shipped today and the JCW intake is coming from Way in Atlanta.

I am SOOOO pumped. Picts to follow soon as my goodies are on.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Greg-
Wow! Occasionally I wonder if I could even sell my Clubman for that amount... Not that I'd ever part with it- but if I ever did, it would be do what you just did! I'd like your impressions with turbo life, after having had Simon.
Have you told the tale of Simon's demise elsewhere?
Anyway- I understand your joy. I'm anxious to see those pictures- (be sure to do the inside too.)
Extra fun at holiday time!

Last edited by TorchMINI; 12-22-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: wording
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
[quote=TorchMINI;3179420]Greg-
I'd like your impressions with turbo life, after having had Simon.
Have you told the tale of Simon's demise elsewhere?
quote]

Well, about two months ago I was moving a kerosene heater (used for heating the garage to work in during the winter) from the house I rent to my mother to my current house. I had backed Simon into her driveway, which is on an incline. The heater was placed about half-way on the folded rear seats and the cargo area. Long story short, the incline was causing the kerosene to leak out, resulting in over a gallon seeping into my interior over a period of about an hour.

Insurance paid to have a new interior put in (to the tune of almost $5K!), but even after that, you could still smell it slightly. Therefore, the dealership used two chlorine "bombs" to try and kill the remaining smell. For the past 5 weeks, we've been trying to get the chlorine smell out (it was so strong you couldn't spend much time in it at all without feeling bad or like you swam with your eyes open in a pool).

Anyway, they came and looked at it again this Monday and determined that the smell could not be reasonably removed, so they totalled him out. It's bittersweet because I order him and it was a one-year only build. Mellow Yellow was only available in the Clubbie in '08 & '09 and the yellow color-line was only available in '08.

But I gotta tell you, the turbo has won me over! I had a couple of different loaners during this process that were turbos and realized that you really don't give up much if anything in economy yet it drives so much easier. I knew that if I didn't get Simon back, whatever he was replaced with would be a turbo. The Justa was fine until I actually spent time (a few days) with a turbo - that's when I fully realized what I was missing.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
I was hoping you'd say something like- 'not all that much difference', 'turbo schmerbo'... But I've driven a few too, and they do give quite the thrill.
I may get one someday, but I can't knock the peppy reliability of my Justa Clubbie. Now if Cocoa ever met with misfortune, I'd be oriented to the S. But, I'll continue to baby it and see if it lasts as long as I do. Since I'm mid 60's, that's a possibility. Plus, my wife wants to see Europe. Europe is spelled "Car Payment replacement".
Anyway, pertaining to this thread, I'd say you have the greatest color of all the MINI world. It's a color I like more with each passing year.
That's an interesting story for a car 'total'. Undramatic compared to some, but understandable. So easy to make a mistake like that.
It might be funny to have a photo of that kerosene heater in the car- you could post it on the "Will that fit in a Clubman" forum, along with the post script of what happened :-)
Again- sympathies and congratulations.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 AM
rpagington
Neutral
Add me to the list of Chocolate Clubman owners, picked it up yesterday. 2008 Clubman, black cloth interior, Nav, Bluetooth, Back up senors, Auto, cold weather package, sport package, xeons, home link, auto wipers headlights and mirror and more I cant even remember. I have a 2005 Cooper that my daughter is going to drive. I must say I am very impressed with the Clubman. The picture is from the dealer we picked it up from. The extra room is nice and the car is very well done. Ralph

Attached Thumbnails Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club-2008-mini-cooper-clubman.jpg  
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
HOORAY for more HC Clubbies!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:19 AM
T&CMCSa
4th Gear
+1 Our club keeps growing and growing! Welcome lisdexic driver, Greg Davis, and rpagington! Hope everyone has a Motoring New Year!

Quick Reply: R55 Official Hot Chocolate Owners Club