R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Clubman Convenience Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Clubmanbound
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubman Convenience Package

I am tryimg to build my clubman and can't decide if I should add the convenience package or add things separate!!!! Is the comfort access system necessary since you have remote entry? I have a portable Garmin with Bluetooth so I don't think I need the Bluetooth phone prep. The rain sensors and auto headlamps don't seem that important to me and I have read a lot of negative posts regarding the armrest. Also is the garage door opener and auto dimming mirror worth $500 separate? The only thing in the package that I really want is the multi function steering wheel. Thanks for the input.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
Sorry, am not in the Clubman buying club (no pun intended). However, reading your post sounds like you know you don't really want the convenience package. If I were buying a Clubman, I don't think I'd want those things you've queried us about.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Clubmanbound
2nd Gear
Billie

Thanks for the input. I thought I could get at least some help, but everybody is too busy on the ugliest car of the year forum. I was hoping someone could help that has the package and could give me their input, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Thanks anyway!!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM
TurboBlu
2nd Gear
Buy the multi function wheel and Auto-onheadlights/rainsensing headlights. You'll like them.

Save your money, sounds like your talking yourself out of the convience package

Old 12-28-2007, 08:06 AM
freez3
4th Gear
Location: United States of America, Ohio, Stark County, Uniontown
Buy the MFSW and forget everything else, all stuff you don't really need.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I passed on the convenience package as well. In fact, my Clubman S has no packages. When I ordered my '05 R53 S 3 years ago, the convenience package offered at the time came with the autoheadlights, self dimming rear view mirror, homelink buttons and rain sensing wipers. For $400 it was a pretty good deal and I personally enjoy all those features.

But the current convenience package is way too expensive. I really have no interest in Bluetooth or a center console phone holder. In reality, you can happily live with very few options, just the "necessities". To me, MFSW is a must have in any MINI.

The auto headlights, homelink buttons, self dimming rear view mirror and rain sensing wipers all work very well. If you want any of those options in your Clubman, you can pick them a la carte. That's what I would do, if I were ordering today.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Clubmanbound
2nd Gear
Thank you all for your input. I put my order in today w/o the convenience package. The dealer says it should be about six weeks, but I can't believe it will be that soon. Laser Blue/Blue roof/Black C-pillars/Hot Choc leather/Prem and Cold Weather Pkg/LSD/Xenon Lights/Hi Def Radio