R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Jim Ray
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic color choices.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:45 PM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Prost
Picked it up yesterday

Go PW/PW!!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Aluvendale
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Benibiker
Great looking Mini! Question, with all the brake dust we put up with, are those wheels hard to keep clean? Or not keep clean but just to clean when you wash the car...
Originally Posted by RaceFace
Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I am learning that the brake dust problem sucks! I just use Ivory dishsoap on them (but not on the car) during washes and that takes care of it. They look intricate but they're really not that bad to clean. It's kind of a bummer, several days after a wash, the car will still be clean but the brake dust on the rims make it look dirty. I will be popping in ceramic brake pads ASAP....once I find out who makes them for the Clubman.
Well, at least with a DS/S Clubman, those wheels look Dark Silver when they're dirty. . .so the car still looks good. :-)

Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Alto Clef
2nd Gear
History maker

Took delivery 10 days ago, and am loving the Clubman. It gets lots of attention wherever we go, and my silly grin hasn't faded yet.

Today was my first MINI (or any other car) club event: the Milwaukee MINI's drove the Milwaukee Mile in support of the Hunger Task Force, one of my favorite local charities. I had the only Clubman out of about 20 MINI's and Mini's, so (I believe) it became the first Clubman on this historic track traveled by the likes of Foyt, Unser, Andretti, etc. Pretty cool, eh?

We did three 1-mile "parade-style" laps, with pace vehicles that would allow groups of six cars to set the pace. Unfortunately, the first car in my group was a 56 or 57 Nash Metropolitan, so our laps were on the sedate side. I can't complain; I'm still 850 miles from completing the break-in.

Sorry not to have track pix; maybe one of the club photographers will post some I can use.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-img_0867a.jpg  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Has anyone else seen the new Consumers Report magazine? The MINI didn't come out where I would have put it. Many of their critiques are my favorite things about owning a MINI, like the controls. But what bothered me was that they got 0 to 60 in 10.5 seconds. I thought I'd read 8.0 somewhere, and it certainly feels that fast, just in break-in driving mode. Anyone have any data, or personal experience. MCS folk need not snicker excessively, please. I almost got the S, so I at least want 0 to 60 to be under 10 seconds.
Regardless, I love the car and the way everyone comments on it to me, even in traffic! I've had my Clubman a month now. 29 mpg city, and 40 + Hwy., HC/B, all options except Nav.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Yes, I read it and think it was a very lame review, but apparently that's par for Consumer's sort of car review. The two they gave their coveted recommended to were quite something. I think I may have recycled the issue already.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:41 AM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, aside from the 'Recommended' check being withheld until reliability has been established (and it will by next year) the review wasn't bad. It had the important parts there: Fun to drive (rarely used phrase) and great handling. I have no issue with rear visibility. The only complaint I might offer is that the door stops are a little weak so I find those long doors blowing back on my leg sometimes. My MINI seems fast, lots of low end torque compared to the Saturns I've driven. I just love getting into it.
I haven't used the Sport setting much, in trying to keep the mpg's up. I have a few friends, women, who want the car as their next vehicle, but all are concerned about winter here in Northern Lower Michigan, a snow belt. So I'll put out a second query to go with a realistic 0 to 60 time: How many of you have had snow driving experience with you MINIs? I am buying a second set of wheels with dedicated snow tires soon, so I'll be ready for November, but I see we have 4 inches of ground clearance, a couple of inches less than standard. Great for driving in general, but do we pay a price in the snow?
I'm trying to fix my picture in my signature...

Old 05-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Otra
6th Gear
I have dedicated wheels with snow tires. Since '04, I've only rarely had to drive in deep snow, and honestly it's always been on a plowed or snow blown street or driveway. One year while living in Washington DC, where they have no idea what to do with snow, I did have to deal with unplowed streets and I just put the car in a low gear and was fine getting through it - but this is not Michigan weather!

I'd suggest, if you don't get enough helpful deep snow and deep snow often answers, that you search the main forums here for snow tires or snow - and use MINI2 as well. Perhaps go into the regional forum area and find some snow belt folks? I do know there are many northern New Englanders who drive their MINIs through plenty of snow - but you're right it is a bit lower than most cars and I can see how it might be a problem on deep, unplowed, heavy or frozen, crusted over snow. I've never had to deal with that here in the NY metro area.

It might have been better to start a new thread... I don't know how NAM works, but it seems there are no Moderators who split posts off into new threads, etc. Oh well.

Last edited by Otra; 05-06-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM
McCoin
1st Gear
Here's Mellow Yellow Mel

First photos of new Clubman at dealer being picked up. Haven't had time to take any more photos yet.

Click on thumbnails to enlarge, I haven't figured out how to post larger photos directly in text area.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-new-mini-1.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-new-mini-2.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-new-mini-6.jpg  
Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Mantid
2nd Gear
McCoin: Great color combo!!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mantid
x2

Old 05-07-2008, 03:33 AM
xBoXlOvEr
2nd Gear
Hehehehe...I love the Clubman Badge... :D

William... The Roof Spoiler is going to be painted this evening... :D

Old 05-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Otra
6th Gear
McCoin, your MCC really looks very nice with that combination - perhaps our paths will cross around the Big Apple one of these days!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
Finally picked her up last night!!
I'm not the best photographer in the world, but they'll do for now

Ride's a lil rougher than I anticipated for a non-sports package, but nothing unbearable.

/swoon

Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice!!! love that Lightning Blue

Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Congrats Coldfyre, it's about time! I do love Lightning Blue - you've got a beauty there!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:14 PM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mantid
YEA! and an other Clubman hits the streets of Phx... Hey, come watch Speed Racer with us this saturday night at the drive in movies in scottsdale.. Hayden and McKellips 7pm

Old 05-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am LOVING all these new Clubman pictures...Beautiful....

Donna

Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 PM
McCoin
1st Gear
Thanks to all who like the color combination. I thought long and hard about it -- I've had red cars for 20 years -- and red with white roof is sort of a MINI trademark; but I did like the Mellow Yellow and am very happy with the choice. On the other hand, I have almost never seen a MINI color that I didn't like; MINIs all look great. If money was no object I could easily have a different color combination for every day of the week. To paraphrase Will Rogers... I've never seen a MINI color that I didn't like.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
CapriGT
2nd Gear
Coldfyre, very nice, one of the best colour combos, you look a very proud owner! Congratulations!

Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Dewain27
1st Gear
Here is my new one...

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM
hein
1st Gear
here is mine clubman cooper D driving it since jan 2008 and till now 12500 km on it with average consumption of 52mls/gal

specs

Cooper D Clubman

Chilli Red / Black
Chilli package
White sidemarkers
Extra tinted glass
Non chrome line frontbumper
Sport button
Headlining Black
Chrome line int
Climate control
BI xenon headlights
Heated mirrors
Visability package
Colorline Rooster Red
Piano black int panels
Bluetooth carkit with usb
Mini HIFI upgrade
Park distance control
From my R56 MCS i will take
18" oz wheels in BMW sparkling grey
H&R loweringsprings
Brembo GT junior brakes with spacers
Strutbrace
Coopers rearbumper
Coopers style exhaust
JCW steeringwheel
JCW gearshift indicator
JCW Recaro seats
JCW black grille
JCW Bonnet stripes
Black drivinglights
Software upgrade to 145 BHP and 310nm by 1700 rpm
KN filterkit

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-jcw-d2.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-jcw-d3.jpg  
Old 05-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Jim Ray
4th Gear
Very nice, even if a bit confusing.
I wish we could get the Dooper over here, that mileage would be nice. Imperial Gallon is your unit of fuel measure?

Originally Posted by hein
here is mine clubman cooper D driving it since jan 2008 and till now 12500 km on it with average consumption of 52mls/gal

specs

Cooper D Clubman

Chilli Red / Black
Chilli package
White sidemarkers
Extra tinted glass
Non chrome line frontbumper
Sport button
Headlining Black
Chrome line int
Climate control
BI xenon headlights
Heated mirrors
Visability package
Colorline Rooster Red
Piano black int panels
Bluetooth carkit with usb
Mini HIFI upgrade
Park distance control
From my R56 MCS i will take
18" oz wheels in BMW sparkling grey
H&R loweringsprings
Brembo GT junior brakes with spacers
Strutbrace
Coopers rearbumper
Coopers style exhaust
JCW steeringwheel
JCW gearshift indicator
JCW Recaro seats
JCW black grille
JCW Bonnet stripes
Black drivinglights
Software upgrade to 145 BHP and 310nm by 1700 rpm
KN filterkit

Old 05-10-2008, 10:52 AM
hein
1st Gear
no consumpion is in miles/us gallon I am driving 550 miles with one tank of 10,5 US gallon

Old 05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
Nice one Hein (mooie wagen! )

I see you have your ECU remapped! I thought this was impossible since MY08 uses the new EDC17.

Can you give me some more information?

Last edited by William Blake; 05-10-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here