R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 AM
pmsummer
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerbob951

Looks like it's stalking something. :-)

Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Sacred Disorder
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some Video footage of my Clubby yesterday.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Raymazing
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What bike rails are these??
Originally Posted by bikerbob951

Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 AM
bikerbob951
2nd Gear
I've got these racks.

I love them, perfect paint match and super low profile!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car has been sitting at the shop for a bit. My JCW bumper was hit and had a bad crack. I had to get a brand new one installed and went ahead and installed the brake duct grill. Finished installing the Rally Edition stuff. I still need to align the front end. Heres some pics.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Day177017
4th Gear
Looking good fellow Rally Ed DIYer

Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Luv_My_JCW
2nd Gear
That's one sharp looking car

Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Day177017
Looking good fellow Rally Ed DIYer
Thanks man
Originally Posted by Luv_My_JCW
That's one sharp looking car
Appreciate the Luv

Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 PM
bikerbob951
2nd Gear
My little red wagon is in the shop. Some joker backed into me and took off... but we caught his license plate, and now his insurance is fixing the damage.

Name:  Repair_zps1a775cb4.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  36.8 KB

Old 05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
pmsummer
5th Gear

New orange wingtips.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini///M
Car has been sitting at the shop for a bit. My JCW bumper was hit and had a bad crack. I had to get a brand new one installed and went ahead and installed the brake duct grill. Finished installing the Rally Edition stuff. I still need to align the front end. Heres some pics.

Do you have matching C pillars? I'd love to see a shot of the rear.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
I just installed the double reverse. The Left lense is being sealed with butyl (used an amber Euro tail). The chrome rings look really weird on the tails. I may have to pull them off. It looked much cleaner without them. Had the Koop Troopa at the shop earlier.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA
Do you have matching C pillars? I'd love to see a shot of the rear.
Here is some older shots.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Texasfly
Neutral
Luigi arrives ...

Well, our first Mini ... "Luigi", a Clubman S. Picking it today at Mini of the Woodlands here in Texas. Let the mods begin .... Looking for recommendations on cat-back exhaust and lowering springs. Great Forum ... Looking forward to events and GTG here in Texas.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-image.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
pmsummer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Texasfly
Well, our first Mini ... "Luigi", a Clubman S. Picking it today at Mini of the Woodlands here in Texas. Let the mods begin .... Looking for recommendations on cat-back exhaust and lowering springs. Great Forum ... Looking forward to events and GTG here in Texas.
Looks like you're already 'upside-down' on your loan.

;-)

Lot's H-Town MINI fun.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mini...group_activity
http://www.hmms.org/

Check the For Sale ads here... a fellow is selling a BRAND NEW set of H&R springs for the R55, cheap.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 AM
pmsummer
5th Gear
I just installed the double reverse. The Left lense is being sealed with butyl (used an amber Euro tail). The chrome rings look really weird on the tails. I may have to pull them off. It looked much cleaner without them. Had the Koop Troopa at the shop earlier.

How did you wire them? Any fault codes? Where did you get them? Did you have to buy a pair?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never seen chrome trim around a Clubman tail lights before. Was that part of the Euro light change or . . . ?

And nice job finding a running mate that matches your pinstripes and mirror caps!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pmsummer
How did you wire them? Any fault codes? Where did you get them? Did you have to buy a pair?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Really simple wiring, just jumped the signal off the harness from the Right tail light. Just tuck all the wiring behind the bumper and you can't even tell its in there. I have wanted to purchase a Euro Left tail for a long time. I waited and waited... and waited. I finally found a pair of amber Euro tails from eBay UK. I paid $65 shipped!!! I then just opened the Euro Left side tail and my US-Spec Left tail and swapped the amber indicator for my white indicator. Came out perfect and cheap. I could not justify paying the $215 price tag buying it new from UK vendors.

I still have the Euro Right side (without the reverse). The other option I saw for a pre-LCI Clubman was removing the reverse light from both sides so its symetrical and then going with an LCI Clubman S bumper that has the center grill and use a LCI Hatch non-S center reverse light assembly.

Originally Posted by Charlie Victor
Never seen chrome trim around a Clubman tail lights before. Was that part of the Euro light change or . . . ?
And nice job finding a running mate that matches your pinstripes and mirror caps!
Thanks man, really happy with the combo. Just need a Countryman now

The chrome tail rings are just a separate novelty cosmetic. They are are double sided stick-on rings. They are designed pretty nicely, they are almost the same as the R56 and they are perfectly molded for the R55. However since the R55 tails are so narrow they do look odd.

I did also buy them from another vendor in the UK however I then realized that Outmotoring sells them too. I did not install the reflector rings, just looks way too heavy. I was thinking about shaving out the red reflectors under the tails for a cleaner look actually.

http://www.outmotoring.com/clubman-c...ight-trim.html

Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM
rigormootis
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used gloss black vinyl to cover the reflectors and it worked out great. It makes them almost unnoticeable.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
The chrome tail rings are just a separate novelty cosmetic. They are are double sided stick-on rings. They are designed pretty nicely, they are almost the same as the R56 and they are perfectly molded for the R55. However since the R55 tails are so narrow they do look odd.

I did also buy them from another vendor in the UK however I then realized that Outmotoring sells them too. I did not install the reflector rings, just looks way too heavy. I was thinking about shaving out the red reflectors under the tails for a cleaner look actually.

http://www.outmotoring.com/clubman-c...ight-trim.html
Hey, thanks for the info and the additional photos. Like your earlier photos, I have a Clubman with the C pillars matching the body color (and black roof). I'm not a fan of the beltline stopping at the pillars either. So I'm thinking of the chrome for the tails. They look a bit think IMHO on the current setup, but maybe because you've got the stripes going on too. I do like how you didn't put them on the reflectors though. Now all you have to do is tell me you've photos of the car without the stripes but with the chrome tails.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:21 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Mini///M,
Love what you're do'n with the car.

oh, where did you get the "Actual Size" stucker

Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 AM
DRT NaSTY
2nd Gear

Duuuude how did you make the double reverse lights happen? I wanna do that to mine!!!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM
ItalianJobSeattle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DRT NaSTY
Duuuude how did you make the double reverse lights happen? I wanna do that to mine!!!
you just need to buy the UK back light

Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rigormootis
I used gloss black vinyl to cover the reflectors and it worked out great. It makes them almost unnoticeable.
I thought about painting the reflectors the same Hot Chocolate but I think since I have so much going on back there its just going to look like mush. Maybe I'll get the ***** to get an extra set and get those filled in first .
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA
Hey, thanks for the info and the additional photos. Like your earlier photos, I have a Clubman with the C pillars matching the body color (and black roof). I'm not a fan of the beltline stopping at the pillars either. So I'm thinking of the chrome for the tails. They look a bit think IMHO on the current setup, but maybe because you've got the stripes going on too. I do like how you didn't put them on the reflectors though. Now all you have to do is tell me you've photos of the car without the stripes but with the chrome tails.
No problem BLAU. Yeah agreed I think the stripes definitely may be a part of the problem but since they look so good up front I think they will stay. I can probably photoshop it for you if you'd like to see what it looks like.
Originally Posted by MotorWorf
Mini///M,
Love what you're do'n with the car.
oh, where did you get the "Actual Size" stucker
Thanks a lot Worf. I bought them from a seller on eBay. I can't remember his name sorry. But I'm sure someone local could make them for you. Here is one listing I saw with the same type of sticker. I really like the cereal box style, most people just have standard text.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTUAL-SIZE-INBETWEENERS-STYLE-Funny-Humorous-75mm-car-stickers-/360411359602?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53ea30e972
Originally Posted by DRT NaSTY
Its a Euro tail light assembly. You have to order from overseas.
NON-LCI Part Numbers Left Tail Assembly with BackUp (Euro Right-Hand-Drive)
- Amber Indicator: 63212755115
- White Indicator: 63212755117
Originally Posted by ItalianJobSeattle
you just need to buy the UK back light

Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
SODA66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your Clubman?

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here