R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Okay, showing the interior accessories in Choc Lounge Leather

I bought my MINI off the lot and shaved 3 months off my delivery time, after building it carefully over many months, in Sparkling Silver. [ I did the same back in 2002 but could never get it done] The one I found when I went for a test drive had all the same options plus the alarm system (I hadn't wanted), but it was in Hot Chocolate, a color I hadn't considered from the web site but have come to love!
A month after buying it I passed by the dealer 250 miles away, and had my options put on, including chocolate leather matching shifter **** and handbrake cover (shown in contrasting attached photos, as well as a Brit plate frame, and mud-flaps (I need them on my road).
Two months, 5000 great driving miles, no problems, 34.6 mpg with lots of highway mixed in to my usual town driving, many comments and looks.
I'm immersed in Mini lore now, and must pass by my garage before I turn in for the night, just to look at it, and sometimes, to use it as a concert hall. I love the upgraded sound system, which plays mostly 'classical' for me.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dsc_0225.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-interior-with-upgrade.jpg  
Old 06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Mud-flaps and plate frame

Not the most exciting options, but useful and a good bang for the buck!

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dsc_0030.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dsc_0031.jpg  
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
P.S. to the two posts above

Thumbnails should enlarge upon clicking. Note the ipod integration (I love audiobooks) and when the integrated phone rings, it stops, pausing for your handsfree conversation A worthwhile option to consider as cell phone laws toughen.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TorchMINI - beautiful, classic looking interior! Very nice choice.

Tell me, do the mud flaps really help?

Thanks for your update - always good to hear from a happy owner.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:39 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Thanks, Otra,
Yours looks good too. I love the green, as seen in your gallery. If my past two cars weren't green I may have got the brg MINI.
The mud flaps help at low speeds on my wet gravel road to my drivemway, keeping my dark car a little cleaner.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
great looking interior torch. and the hand brake and gear **** covers look great is a great choice really sets off your interior much much much better.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Thanks for the compliment - and the info re the mud flaps, too.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
you would think they would make the armrest match either the door arm rests or the seats for 250.00 they should have it match.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Good point, that image has started to sink in. It would be cool to see it in the white they use to contrast with the piano black trim.
So the whole car, inside and out, is just about all black, brown and white accents. Thus the center arm-rest black does fit. But the white (or brown) would be spiffy.
My only color are in the various lights and the Union Jack on the plates.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:20 PM
hfs3
3rd Gear
oops!

I tried to use the pre-dealer prep pictures i posted in 1st gear :: Week 21. Guess I will have to take a few extras when I take delivery before I can pics here.

Last edited by hfs3; 06-11-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
jweiss32807
2nd Gear
Its finaly here. Ordered 4/12. Got off the boat at the Brunswick Distribution Center 5/13. Finally was able to pick it up on 6/10. LONG story. But alas, and without further ado, pics...

Outside - CR/Black S. 6-Speed. Sport Suspension. Xeon. Limited Slip. Sport Stripes. 35% tint (legal limit). Konig Zero 17" wheels (with tuner spline bolts), OEM Dunlop tires. Alta 2" Stubby Antenna.

Inside - Red Rooster Cloth/Leather + Color Line. Fluid Silver. Hi-Fi.

Overall, pretty slim option set, but those wheels look sick. Perfect color match. But the OEM lug bolts don't fit.

Initial thoughts - Fun car, but but break in is going to take forever. Great transmission. Is it typical for the engine cooling fans to run and the hood to be near-scalding hot even after a 5 minute trip without hard driving? I don't think I've gotten out of it yet without the engine fan running to cool it down. Space in the boot may beat a regular Mini, but is still ain't great. $100 trip to Publix and I was trying to shut the doors before something fell out. Gets a LOT of looks. Mini people are the coolest becuase they notice other Mini's and wave at you. The Club door is awesome and really makes it easy to get my 1 year old in the back. My female boss said it looked like a lady bug. Totally kills it for me. Thanks Susan. My 3-year old son wishes it was green. The Hi-Fi is terrible. Need front speaker upgrade soon. NO low end (below 50hz), weak mids, and flat trebble. The regular Clubman mats are awful - they do nothing to hide dirt. Don't like the intermitent wipers. A variable delay could have been SO easy to program. The ride with the sport package and run flats is fine. Maybe the longer wheelbase smooths it out some, but ITS THE SPORT PACKAGE. Plenty of room for kids to grow. Meets the small, sporty, and family friendly requirement. Turning radius much larger than I expected.

A lot of waiting and drama to get it. Other than the cooling fans, its all good. Looking forward to the weekend.

Jon W.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dscn3761-small-.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dscn3762-medium-.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dscn3765-small-.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
thulewx
4th Gear
The break-in period will end soon enough - patience, grasshopper . Non-break-in is lots more fun
The fan does run a lot and it does get hot - nature of the turbo beast.
I had the upgraded stereo in my last cabrio and don't find too much difference with my current standard stereo, but lots do upgrade the speakers aftermarket.
If you have just one kid, put the other side of the seat down and load the stuff the boy won't mess with in the fold-up MINI-carrier next to him. Viola!
p.s. - Nice choice in colors and wheels!

Old 06-13-2008, 05:29 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jweiss32807
Its finaly here. Ordered 4/12. Got off the boat at the Brunswick Distribution Center 5/13. Finally was able to pick it up on 6/10. LONG story. But alas, and without further ado, pics...

Outside - CR/Black S. 6-Speed. Sport Suspension. Xeon. Limited Slip. Sport Stripes. 35% tint (legal limit). Konig Zero 17" wheels (with tuner spline bolts), OEM Dunlop tires. Alta 2" Stubby Antenna.

Overall, pretty slim option set, but those wheels look sick. Perfect color match. But the OEM lug bolts don't fit.

Initial thoughts - Fun car, but but break in is going to take forever. Great transmission. Is it typical for the engine cooling fans to run and the hood to be near-scalding hot even after a 5 minute trip without hard driving? I don't think I've gotten out of it yet without the engine fan running to cool it down. Space in the boot may beat a regular Mini, but is still ain't great. $100 trip to Publix and I was trying to shut the doors before something fell out. Gets a LOT of looks. Mini people are the coolest becuase they notice other Mini's and wave at you. The Club door is awesome and really makes it easy to get my 1 year old in the back. My female boss said it looked like a lady bug. Totally kills it for me. Thanks Susan. My 3-year old son wishes it was green. The Hi-Fi is terrible. Need front speaker upgrade soon. NO low end (below 50hz), weak mids, and flat trebble. The regular Clubman mats are awful - they do nothing to hide dirt. Don't like the intermitent wipers. A variable delay could have been SO easy to program. The ride with the sport package and run flats is fine. Maybe the longer wheelbase smooths it out some, but ITS THE SPORT PACKAGE. Plenty of room for kids to grow. Meets the small, sporty, and family friendly requirement. Turning radius much larger than I expected.

A lot of waiting and drama to get it. Other than the cooling fans, its all good. Looking forward to the weekend.

Jon W.
Jon....

Congrats. Your Clubman is sweet!!!!

As for the "just getting it" OMG Jon that's crazy... You just got your car... Oh man... mine is in Brunswick right now. Maybe I should go up and get it myself..

As for your car - very nice. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but on the CR/B combo it looks great. BTW, who did your window tinting - the dealership or someone outside?

Enjoy the ride man!

Joe

Last edited by Joep; 06-13-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Congratulations and may you have many happy motoring miles!

Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 AM
MINI TREKKIE
3rd Gear
Here is JD his a week old.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-mini-jd-001.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Congrats on your beautiful blue beauty!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM
georgesteel
Neutral
Check out the pinstrip......

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-p1000998.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-p1000999.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Very western feel to those stripes - they almost remind me of an art nouveau or tooled take on one of your Texas Longhorns! Nicely done!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
Hard to beat nice striping!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice looking Clubmans, everyone!

georgesteel, cool pinstripes!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
nice looking Clubmans, everyone!

georgesteel, cool pinstripes!
+1 on the cool pinstripes.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:55 AM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jweiss32807

Jon W.
Looking great Jon!!! Your pictures are making my wait even harder. Mine should be similar on the exterior, except for the wheels, and extending the stripes down to the bumper (and stripes across the roof).

Thanks for posting!!

Last edited by bentyyc; 06-13-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by William Blake
This is with H&R springs right?
Correct.. used the H&R 1.5 drop.

from other angle

Name:  IMG_0305.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  43.3 KB

Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
weinerdog
2nd Gear
Picked up 'Edwin' yesterday!

After 8 long weeks(and 6+years of wanting one), we have our BRG Clubman! Our vanity plates are going to be 'USKDSNO', so if you put that together with the car name that's our favorite band. Thanks to Maddie the Weinerdog for posing with her PoochStyle mat

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-edwin_1.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-edwin_2.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-maddie.jpg  

Last edited by weinerdog; 06-15-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:48 PM
weinerdog
2nd Gear
a couple more....

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-edwin_3.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-edwin_4.jpg  

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here