R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info bumgardnern - looks good, and I'll look forward to more interior shots. Many seem not to choose the standard dash but it looks great in my opinion - especially with your Astro Black...

Great timing eschantra - now we can all see how fantastic NFR looks with that black roof!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks Eschantra, stunning! I agree LadyGodiva, if I choose the black trim and roof (which is how I am currently leaning -- wish I didn't have so long to wait and to keep rethinking EVERYTHING, lol) , I will be getting the black bonnet stripes. I just don't think I'm cool enough for a car that good looking though...

Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
nice! cool 'vette too

Old 07-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Coopdy, if you think that particular color combination is for you - go for it - and let your inner coolness shine through.

Seriously, though - we all have different tastes. A very close friend of mine has a beautiful CR MCS convertible with white racing strips on the front, red dash...and chrome bits in all the right places. I love her MINI, it's bright and eye catching and happy and love driving with her or, better yet, driving it myself, however I would not feel like "me" owning a CR MINI...just not my personal style.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Aluvendale
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Before and after pic of the custom suspension I've been building. No more looking like a silly hummer In the coming week, I'm gonna be working on it a little more to go 2 inches lower

Do you have any pics of it from the side?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Aluvendale
Do you have any pics of it from the side?
No direct-on side shots. These are the most recent photos. 3/4 and straight on front. I'll be lowering the front a bit more soon

Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Coopdy, if you think that particular color combination is for you - go for it - and let your inner coolness shine through.

Seriously, though - we all have different tastes. A very close friend of mine has a beautiful CR MCS convertible with white racing strips on the front, red dash...and chrome bits in all the right places. I love her MINI, it's bright and eye catching and happy and love driving with her or, better yet, driving it myself, however I would not feel like "me" owning a CR MINI...just not my personal style.
Thanks Otra! Things for me to think about. The great thing is that they are all beautiful and I love that everyone likes different ones so I get to see and appreciate all the variety. Only three more months of this decision making stress (my poor husband -- guess I'll let him drive it when it arrives ). I checked in with my MA on Sunday and they still can't place my order until October...but hey I just checked the calendar and we're almost in August so that helps.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
eschantra
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Coopdy, Otra and William, thanks for the comments! The 'vette rocks, had her for three years now. I know what you mean about all the colors are beautiful, at first I never would've even considered Hot Chocolate but the ones I've seen on here are We happened to get VERY lucky when ordering the Clubman, my Mini dealer told me that their allocation ran out and another three weeks would've pushed the delivery date back to around February or March of next year. That said, hang in there Coopdy, it's worth it in the end

Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 AM
ItsNumptyBoy
1st Gear
Wet & Dirty.......But Now With Stripes

Well.....had my stripes added yesterday.
Extra wide Viper (to align with the edge of the barn door handles at the rear) with additional side pin.
The roof vinyl is a custom printed and laminated vinyl, created on the day to totally match the body colour paint

Work completed by minipirate

Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Very nice! Good for minipirate! I love to look at their stuff...and your Clubman looks quite good with that body colored stripe set on top.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Thanks for the NFR pics Eschantra!

I have my NFR/Blk Clubby on order and real live car pics of it are super hard to come by. We went with the bonnet stripes and the ray cloth/leather combo, which I think is new, so no pics around of it at all...which is a bit troubling but we are taking a leap of faith. The black rims look sweet on the NFR. We didn't go that route but I like them a lot!

I totally agree with those who love all the colors but can't see themselves in some of them. I always love the Chili Red, Lightning Blue and Yellow MINI's when I see them, but they wouldn't feel like "me" to own one. That is why the whole "you-ification" idea is awesome....truly to each his own.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
ItsNumptyBoy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
...and your Clubman looks quite good with that body colored stripe set on top.
Gee......thanks....would have been nice to have managed a great or a very nice......but I'll settle for quite good

Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ItsNumptyBoy
Extra wide Viper (to align with the edge of the barn door handles at the rear) with additional side pin.
The roof vinyl is a custom printed and laminated vinyl, created on the day to totally match the body colour paint

Hey Numpty - lookin' good. You must be chuffed!!! Enjoyed your pics on "the other board" too...

So the roof stripes are part of a roof vinyl graphic? Not just stripes running across your sunroof? Is that right? Is it perforated? How much light comes through.

thanks!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Gee......thanks....would have been nice to have managed a great or a very nice......but I'll settle for quite good
I'm just the understatement type - it looks EXCELLENT - and is a real eye catcher, too!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Factory Spoiler

Anybody have a picture of the factory spoiler on the Clubman? None of the pictures on this thread seem to have one, or am I missing something? (We have an '05 R50 and plan to add a Clubman.) Thanks!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
I have my NFR/Blk Clubby on order and real live car pics of it are super hard to come by. We went with the bonnet stripes and the ray cloth/leather combo, which I think is new, so no pics around of it at all...which is a bit troubling but we are taking a leap of faith. The black rims look sweet on the NFR. We didn't go that route but I like them a lot!
Jumboshrimp, nice selection! Looks like my order will be very similar to yours NFR/B with black bonnet stripes. Some of the other options are different and I'm going with the roof rails and am thinking about the driving lights...clearly there are too many choices.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
ItsNumptyBoy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bentyyc
Hey Numpty - lookin' good. You must be chuffed!!! Enjoyed your pics on "the other board" too...

So the roof stripes are part of a roof vinyl graphic? Not just stripes running across your sunroof? Is that right? Is it perforated? How much light comes through.

thanks!
Sorry....probably not made it too clear.......the roof is "colour matched" by a printing process...then custom cut.....then laminated....then applied

I don't have a sunroof ....the vinyl is solid

Old 07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Finally! Delivery Day

After much waiting here she is! Unfortunately, we're due to start a family vacation, so she'll have to sit and wait for us to come home before the wheels, sport stripes, clear bra and spoiler are added on.

Day 1 pics are in my gallery...

Phew - she's home!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:39 AM
SirParlan
2nd Gear

Great look. Love the stripes. I like them much better than the OEM ones. Where did you get them from? I gotta get me some. Did minipirate make them or just put them on?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
ItsNumptyBoy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SirParlan
Great look. Love the stripes. I like them much better than the OEM ones. Where did you get them from? I gotta get me some. Did minipirate make them or just put them on?
minipirate both makes and installs all types of stripes and graphics.....from basic stripes through to personally commisioned customed designs.

Here is a link to a thread that specifically details some of his work/products.
I am unsure if this offends or breaks any forum rules, as this is a link to another board.....however, I do believe that this is allowed as it appears to have happened quite a lot in the roof rack thread.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-pira...reat-work.html

I understand that he used to be an official advertiser on NAM...and I understand that he intends to re-instate this with almost immediate effect.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Nice Dooper!! I wish we had those in the States!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
ItsNumptyBoy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Krut
Nice Dooper!! I wish we had those in the States!
And I wish we had the same pricing structure as the US

Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
jbcola
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jbcola @ the south off France

Name:  DSC_1045.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  138.7 KB

Old 08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Beautiful! You have a great photographic eye. Hope to see more

Old 08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
MINISV
1st Gear
I finally got some pics of my PW/B Clubman. Only had the car for 2 months now. 2500 miles - And I still love this car

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here