R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reldieh
I am a bit inland, but not way inland. My dealer is in Louisiana, which is 850 miles from Charleston, not including any detours to the different dealers along the way. I say Labor Day just in case there are hold-ups somewhere along the way. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than pathetically disappointed.

Oh, and LadyGodiva, I absolutely love your smileys!! Haha!

I love 'em, too. I am very animated/expressive IRL, and these smilies really help to convey my feelings!

OK so Charleston to La. is a bit of a haul. I think that is a good plan to shoot for Labor Day. Question: are you getting any accessories (driving lights) installed at VDC or at the dealer?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by truK
Just brought 'er home today. Dealer was installing wheels and the detail crew left before giving it a shine but I drove home smiling all the way.

Will need to shine her up and take some good photos. Here is a simple cell phone shot it took when I got home.

Note the big truck in the background. Its gonna be tough to get them both in the garage.

Will be taking the day off tomorrow to get acquainted.
VERY nice!! Congrats! Tomorrow will be a VERY good day.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
truK
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
VERY nice!! Congrats! Tomorrow will be a VERY good day.
Any day with a MINI is better than a good day at work!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
What a beauty truK!! I love the BRG/BLK combo and those wheels are really, really nice. Enjoy your day with your new baby!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Just brought 'er home today. Dealer was installing wheels and the detail crew left before giving it a shine but I drove home smiling all the way.
I love the anthracite wheels. Looks good with the BRG!

Note the big truck in the background. Its gonna be tough to get them both in the garage.
I laughed looking at your picture- the MINI sitting next to an Avalanche. That's almost exactly how my driveway is going to look when I get my MINI, because my dh has a huge **** Avalanche too!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Question: are you getting any accessories (driving lights) installed at VDC or at the dealer?
Blech. Yes. Driving lights at the VDC. But, I am prepared for that delay. Well, I think I m prepared.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 AM
wampa
3rd Gear
Blech. Yes. Driving lights at the VDC. But, I am prepared for that delay. Well, I think I m prepared.
You will love the Aero kit, I love mine. It just completes the Clubman I think.

I bet the dealer will spend 3 days installing those black wheels though.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:43 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM
BadMINI S
Its not just an obsession
Hey that's how my drive way is set-up...my R53 parked next to my Clubman which is parked next to my huge Tahoe

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wampa
You will love the Aero kit, I love mine. It just completes the Clubman I think.

I bet the dealer will spend 3 days installing those black wheels though.
Oh, I'm so excited about the Aero kit! I'm not too fond of the black "half-arches" above the wheels, so I ordered painted arches as well. Man, it's going to look sooooo good!!!! (if I may say so myself, lol)

And, I've decided I'm going to get aftermarket wheels- they look better, IMHO, and they cost a hell of a lot less. So, if the dealer does install them, they will install them on the day that I bring them! No more painful wait times!

Haha, yep! That's a "blech" face.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Flytime
2nd Gear
'08 Clubman S

here's mine.....
Future items: Wheels, tinted windows, hitch for bike rack

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-imgp2854.jpg  
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Flytime

here's mine.....
Future items: Wheels, tinted windows, hitch for bike rack
Excellent!!

Time to ditch that "not quite owner" badge!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 AM
wampa
3rd Gear
Oh, I'm so excited about the Aero kit! I'm not too fond of the black "half-arches" above the wheels, so I ordered painted arches as well. Man, it's going to look sooooo good!!!! (if I may say so myself, lol)

And, I've decided I'm going to get aftermarket wheels- they look better, IMHO, and they cost a hell of a lot less. So, if the dealer does install them, they will install them on the day that I bring them! No more painful wait times!

Haha, yep! That's a "blech" face.

I can get painted arches? Tell me.... (where's the drool smilie)

Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wampa
I can get painted arches? Tell me.... (where's the drool smilie)
Yep, you surely can. It's not a dealer sold accessory, though. I ordered mine from Way Motor Works. Here is his website- http://www.waymotorworks.com/home.php

The arches aren't listed on the site, but give him a call. He's done them for quite a few MINIs, and I haven't heard any complaints. I will probably wait to post pics after the painted arches have been installed, so if you'd rather hold off on ordering until you see a finished product, I should have it all done by the first week in September.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Barley
3rd Gear
Here's a photo showing the arches (not on a Clubman, tho') from the WMW gallery.

http://www.waymotorworks.com/files/g...ch_install.JPG

Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Joep
6th Gear

I love 'em, too. I am very animated/expressive IRL, and these smilies really help to convey my feelings!

OK so Charleston to La. is a bit of a haul. I think that is a good plan to shoot for Labor Day. Question: are you getting any accessories (driving lights) installed at VDC or at the dealer?
I hope life at VDC is better. Luckily we're talking Charleston. They've been doing their job longer then my favorite place in the world - Brunswich VDC.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Reldieh - I think Lady G's blech smiley is because of an experience she knew about. My MINI was at the Brunswich VDC for about 17 days. As for being prepared, it seemed to get worse as the MINI got closer to your home. I didn't handle the wait that well but that's me.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Joep
Reldieh - I think Lady G's blech smiley is because of an experience she knew about. My MINI was at the Brunswich VDC for about 17 days. As for being prepared, it seemed to get worse as the MINI got closer to your home. I didn't handle the wait that well but that's me.
Wow, that's pretty awful. I guess I'm "fortunate" to be at the Charleston VDC. I just hope they have their quickest and most experienced people there this week so they can get my MINI on the road in perfect condition and in record time. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

You know, I'm not sure how I'm handling the wait. I'm not even sure if I'm "handling" it.

It is possible to go through withdrawals from something you never had?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Wow, that's pretty awful. I guess I'm "fortunate" to be at the Charleston VDC. I just hope they have their quickest and most experienced people there this week so they can get my MINI on the road in perfect condition and in record time. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

You know, I'm not sure how I'm handling the wait. I'm not even sure if I'm "handling" it.

It is possible to go through withdrawals from something you never had?
Yeah a girl can dream. It's what keeps us guys guessing...

I'm not a vocal guy but I was talking a lot under my breath each time I checked to see if my car had left Brunswich. Which was about twice a day. My MA said I handled it well but I wasn't that good.

If you dream about driving your MINI then you can have withdrawals. I remember walking outside one day and visualizing Elphie being there. I had a date as to when she would arrive and when she didn't the withdrawals got worse.

But to be honest with ya, the wait is worth it. I walked out of work and seeing my ride put this huge *** grin on my face. Just so much fun to drive.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Reldieh
3rd Gear
Yeah a girl can dream. It's what keeps us guys guessing...
HA!! Girls don't have to dream to keep guys guessing, they simply have to exist!!

I'm not a vocal guy but I was talking a lot under my breath each time I checked to see if my car had left Brunswich. Which was about twice a day.
Where were you checking this? The OL? ASK MINI?

If you dream about driving your MINI then you can have withdrawals. I remember walking outside one day and visualizing Elphie being there. I had a date as to when she would arrive and when she didn't the withdrawals got worse.
Yeah, every time I go outside and see that my Pacificrap is still in the driveway (instead of my MINI), I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

But to be honest with ya, the wait is worth it. I walked out of work and seeing my ride put this huge *** grin on my face. Just so much fun to drive.
That is exactly what I am sooo looking forward to! Walking outside with a smile everyday!

Now I just have to decide if NAM is working as the Tums or the Tabasco to my heartburn. Maybe a little of both? Like, Tabasco-flavored Tums?

Eww.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear

Yeah, every time I go outside and see that my Pacificrap is still in the driveway (instead of my MINI), I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

freakin' hilarious!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 PM
catguy
2nd Gear
Help,,,,,, I hit my right rear wheel and wounded it.. I am in need of the 17 inch sports 5 spoke wheel.. if anyone is changing out their set please contact me,,, i am in wa STATE... 98908 THANKS

Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by catguy
Help,,,,,, I hit my right rear wheel and wounded it.. I am in need of the 17 inch sports 5 spoke wheel.. if anyone is changing out their set please contact me,,, i am in wa STATE... 98908 THANKS
There is a 'marketplace' section for request such as these. This thread is meant for sharing pictures of your Clubman

Marketplace which includes a "wheels for sale" section as well as a "want to buy" section. https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/marketplace/

Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Joep
6th Gear
HA!! Girls don't have to dream to keep guys guessing, they simply have to exist!!
Yep, ya got me there! I would say more but why dig a deeper hole. Dad always said to me "boy, why don't you just keep yer mouth shut?" (as he shook his head in disgust. Dad, I listened.

Where were you checking this? The OL? ASK MINI?
I'd call ASK MINI and my MA. both were relatively clueless.

Sorry but maybe the 70s helped me with my hallucinations, I mean, my imagination. I used to walk outside to my element and it wasn't much fun either.

That is exactly what I am sooo looking forward to! Walking outside with a smile everyday!

Now I just have to decide if NAM is working as the Tums or the Tabasco to my heartburn. Maybe a little of both? Like, Tabasco-flavored Tums?

Eww.
It'll happen and this time of your life will be a distant memory. Just pay it forward when someone says "how did you survive?" tell 'em Tums and Tabasco sauce helped me... You said it not me. Eww...... crazy cajun...

Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Lady G among her friends in the M2C2 Motoring Club today!

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here