R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I have to agree. This is a changable option. It's not like they forgot to put the Turbo engine in the car or something.
It is changeable if that is what MINI headquarters will pay for, otherwise to ask the customer to pay for this is unacceptable. Currently my assisting MA is waiting for the bulletin as far as how MINI will respond to the situation. I think it either stinks of poor quality control or MINI really missing the boat in customer service (not notifying MA before the car arrives?!). Currently my assisting MA (regular MA is on vacation) is waiting for the bulletin and I have the option of accepting MINI's protocol (whatever that will be) or ordering another.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rasputinj
What dealership is this? I think you should go to another dealership if you are to order another R55. Just seems like terrible customer service. I can see taking it but they need to fix the headliner. You should write a letter to the Sales Manager and another compliant letter to MiniUSA.

That really sucks.
Sucks? yes, but don't loose focus. the error was a decision MINI UK made on the assembly line. The Dealer is not culpable in this situation. If MINI UK does not underwrite the correction where will the dealer get all the parts? It's not only the Headliner but also all of the Visors, Grab handles, Upper switch console, A, B, & C pillars. The dealer service dept will also have to foot the man hour bill. MINI USA is probably the only one who can make this right. PS: I did call MINI USA.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
It is changeable if that is what MINI headquarters will pay for, otherwise to ask the customer to pay for this is unacceptable. Currently my assisting MA is waiting for the bulletin as far as how MINI will respond to the situation. I think it either stinks of poor quality control or MINI really missing the boat in customer service (not notifying MA before the car arrives?!). Currently my assisting MA (regular MA is on vacation) is waiting for the bulletin and I have the option of accepting MINI's protocol (whatever that will be) or ordering another.
Coopdy, I assume from your comments you are also a R-55 no AH buyer?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Alphawave
Like many issues, the AH issue seems simple enough: MINI gets run on AHs and unexpectedly depletes it's supply-options were to halt production on AH units, or develop contingencies until AH restocks. I agree with their decision to continue to build AH units, but clearly the onus is on MINI to provide the customer with the car he/she contracted and spec'd. We seem to be in a holding pattern wrt MINI and dealership culpability, when one should not exist. As a customer, if my car arrived in a condition I did not specify, it is up to me to accept/deny, or renegotiate the terms to my liking. Joe is under no obligation to accept a car spec'd otherwise, and MINI (dealer nor MINIUSA) should NOT be forcing the choice in a 'take it or leave it' manner, but should be seeking Joe's input as to what is an acceptable settlement for him. Joe needs to provide both MINI and his dealership with his desired outcome, and be open to discussion to achieve that outcome...and I suspect he is doing exactly that. We can all agree/disagree whether AH is a dealbreaker for any one of us, but we can all agree that the dealer in this case is not handling the situation correctly, and I admire Joe for not being bullied by another idiot dealer who needs a dose of customer service retraining. MINI needs to step up and provide BOTH the dealerships and their customers with their protocol (this should have been done on ANY part that may have overruns) and make steps to resolve these issues before they become even bigger issues. It's surprising to me the situation exists..not the parts shortage, the intelligence and customer service shortage by both MINI and the dealerships.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Easy Alphawave. No one is telling anyone what to do. Some of us just commented we couldn't bear not going home with our cars - order correct or not, that's all. We're picking ours up next week and are pretty sure the AH will be missing. We've chosen to deal with the dealership and take the car anyway. So we can be motoring ASAP!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by HTClubman
Easy Alphawave. No one is telling anyone what to do. Some of us just commented we couldn't bear not going home with our cars - order correct or not, that's all. We're picking ours up next week and are pretty sure the AH will be missing. We've chosen to deal with the dealership and take the car anyway. So we can be motoring ASAP!
Heh..I'm the definition of 'easy'! :P (just over-caffeinated!) I understand all sides..even those of us that wouldn't do what Joe is doing. My main point was that Joe's situation (and potentially yours as well) shouldn't exist...every effort should be made to ultimately deliver the car you ordered.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
Coopdy, I assume from your comments you are also a R-55 no AH buyer?
My car has yet to arrive (still on the boat -- I am on the West Coast so it's a 3 week sailing) and as I do not know what remedy will be offered I cannot say. I can say that it was on my order and that it is something I definitely want.

I just spoke with ASK MINI and the particular person with whom I spoke was not apologetic and said that things are being handled currently on a case by case basis (preferential treatment?!) and that officially MINI is not replacing the headliners and the buyers could of course reorder another vehicle. He did say that each dealer could choose to handle this differently.

I think it's absurd for the dealers to eat this cost. He said that while he does not have confirmation he does not believe that it was a backorder issue as in the past such cars have just been held back until the part was rec'd. He proposed that perhaps the wrong part no was assigned. However, this error was made for an entire month (currently builds Sept 1-30), though mine was built Oct 1 my MA says that the HL has disappeared from my specs and therefor believes it is not part of the car. The ASK MINI rep said I'd have to wait until my car is rec'd to make any decisions. That is still 4+ weeks since I'm on the West Coast. I'd like to get it reordered ASAP if there will be no other resolution. It's not that the headliner is the end all, but I don't want to feel like I am settling when this should be a purchase that should thoroughly elate me not make me feel like MINI is abusing its appeal with subpar customer service.

Sorry for the rant. I put my order in June 29th and I know that others have waited longer, but having to possibly reorder because of a MINI (*&&^*^ wasn't part of the plan.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Don't blame you all for being upset and angry.

I suggest that it would be good to continue this conversation on the thread that is devoted to it, rather than this one. That way everyone will know where to read to find out the latest information. If I were a Moderator, I'd split off these important posts and merge them with that existing thread here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...24#post2508524 I'm headed over there, now.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Good call . Would love to keep this for just viewing those beauties!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Someone give me the post #'s of the ones that should go to https://www.northamericanmotoring.co....php?p=2508524 and I'll move them.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Someone give me the post #'s of the ones that should go to https://www.northamericanmotoring.co....php?p=2508524 and I'll move them.
Looks like we are mostly on track until 1443. I did not mean to go off track, only to show a good picture of the roof rails.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
Heh..I'm the definition of 'easy'! :P (just over-caffeinated!) I understand all sides..even those of us that wouldn't do what Joe is doing. My main point was that Joe's situation (and potentially yours as well) shouldn't exist...every effort should be made to ultimately deliver the car you ordered.
Yes, this is true.

PS - Coming from an avid coffee consumer, you might want to cut back a bit !

Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by gnatster
Pretty much everything past Otra's question and Jim's answer.(Begins post 1443, I think) Is is possible to insert them in chronological order..that would be cool too? Thanks!

Last edited by Alphawave; 10-14-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: 1443
Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Alphawave
Yes, this is true.

PS - Coming from an avid coffee consumer, you might want to cut back a bit !
I'd give up food first!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
I'd give up food first!
I hear you!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Beastmaster
1st Gear
Latest piccie of our ClubBeast!

View large on Black

Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Great photo and hot Clubman Beastmaster. I really like the black side panel and contrasting red mirrors.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Yes, very nice. And the sun out in the UK, even better!!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 PM
marasmini
2nd Gear
Finally picked up mine . It is much better than i expected. I just love it. These pictures are from my phone so sorry for the quality. I will snap some better ones this weekend and post them too.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Ok...so after drama and stress...rasputinj and I are heading to Las Vegas tomorrow to pick up our new pepperwhite Clubman. 2 1/2 months waiting for our new 2009 and he's here!!! Whoo-Hoo. Will post pictures tomorrow!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Ok...so after drama and stress...rasputinj and I are heading to Las Vegas tomorrow to pick up our new pepperwhite Clubman. 2 1/2 months waiting for our new 2009 and he's here!!! Whoo-Hoo. Will post pictures tomorrow!

Whooot! Need I say that we are going to hold you to posting pictures tomorrow! Congrats

Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Whooot! Need I say that we are going to hold you to posting pictures tomorrow! Congrats
Oh yes! It will happen...the logistics for us to deal with taking time off of work, find care for our 7 year old, find a one way ride to the airport, fly to Vegas, pick up our new baby...we will ABSOLUTELY be posting pictures of him!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 AM
MiniBoz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Beastmaster
Latest piccie of our ClubBeast

View large on Black
I think PW has become my second favorite color! Awesome. What are the items on the black behind the wheel?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by marasmini
Finally picked up mine . It is much better than i expected. I just love it. These pictures are from my phone so sorry for the quality. I will snap some better ones this weekend and post them too.

Looking Good!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Beastmaster
Latest piccie of our ClubBeast!

View large on Black
Have you posted pics out here of your Clubman from the front and back? I've noticed that there are areas where my sport stripes are coming up so I'm thinking about having the stripes painted on and I like the racing stripe on your Clubman.

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here